Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I hear you @Pinga about going out to eat ... we were talking about this yesterday (of course we're still in lockdown here ... three months now). We kind of agreed that going out to eat is not particularly appealing to us - more anxiety inducing than the relaxed pleasure that it once was. I do hope you are able to enjoy your special event and that pleasure will prevail!

@Carolla - absolutely, that anxiety / concern. Picked a restaurant that I read the reviews on, and have a sense that they will do a good job.
Fingers crossed. If doesn't feel good, we can always ask for our meal to go, as only a short drive from home

We move into green tomorrow. But I still don’t feel comfortable around people. I wonder when that feeling will go away

What does one do when madness escapes the dark spot where the great mystery put it in dispersed form?

Lord ... another planting appears to be in order ... thus churches sink into Ide ...

Depressive demos ... like grief curves ... visible icons of the intangible rants?

Another lovely warmer day here but we have High wind warnings for later today. So perhaps up here March is starting as a lion.

I prefer take out. You can still give the same amount of tip. Just usually don’t get take out drinks.
Yeah, even pre-COVID we tended to get take out for things like Viet-Thai and Chinese. When we ate out, it was usually either buffet or all-you-eat sushi, both of which will likely be out of commission for a while yet.

And in Ontario, restaurants with licenses are now allowed to sell beer and wine with take out, so you get your drinks takeout, too.:giggle:

Yeah, even pre-COVID we tended to get take out for things like Viet-Thai and Chinese. When we ate out, it was usually either buffet or all-you-eat sushi, both of which will likely be out of commission for a while yet.

And in Ontario, restaurants with licenses are now allowed to sell beer and wine with take out, so you get your drinks takeout, too.:giggle:
Many restaurants are offering cocktails to go here too. Some as fully ready some as kits.

I might be out of my mind...maybe. I was just talking to a very handsome guy in the mall outdoor area by the bus, playing guitar. Looks like the wavy long red haired, blue eyed, bearded Jesus. He's in his 40s. We clicked on a few ideas - a few of his other ideas were pretty "out there". But he was very articulate at explaining them. We talked about the decline of agape in the world. He has addictions to red wine, weed and cigarettes. He's possibly homeless or living at a shelter. And he asked for my phone number, to meet (outside) for coffee sometime - and I gave it to him.

Earlier this year I ordered a white claw. Heard a lot about them didn't want to buy a 4 pack or whatever from the liquor store so got one with a dinner order. Meh not sure why the hype and I was happy to not waste my limited alcohol drinking on more than 1.

Earlier this year I ordered a white claw. Heard a lot about them didn't want to buy a 4 pack or whatever from the liquor store so got one with a dinner order. Meh not sure why the hype and I was happy to not waste my limited alcohol drinking on more than 1.
I bought some to share in the summer. I think I had two, one each on different days. They tasted like way too expensive flavoured soda water (which is what they are, with alcohol). I couldn’t really taste the alcohol. It seemed pointless to spend that much, so I didn’t buy it again.

If it's not a red ale, a cab sauv or a single malt, not interested. And why would I not just patronize the liquor store and have what I like on-hand?

They’ve had alcohol (beer, wine, bottled drinks) for sale with takeout since last spring/ summer, here. I got a beer with takeout once, but it was so expensive, and the liquor store is across the street from where I was. I could’ve just bought a single bottle/ can of something. I won’t bother doing that again.

They’ve had alcohol (beer, wine, bottled drinks) for sale with takeout since last spring/ summer, here. I got a beer with takeout once, but it was so expensive, and the liquor store is across the street from where I was. I could’ve just bought a single bottle/ can of something. I won’t bother doing that again.
Yeah they allowed for alcohol sales very early here. Delivery options from liquor stores and direct from the breweries/distilleries too.

Ontario is totally about looking after the addicted. The LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario), the Beer Store, and the on-line Cannabis retailers were completely on board with restrictions, but maximum access.

If it's not a red ale, a cab sauv or a single malt, not interested. And why would I not just patronize the liquor store and have what I like on-hand?
Depends what you're getting. Why buy beer from a liquor store when you can get it directly from the brewery along with their pizza from the restaurant side all delivered (or picked up). There are times when people legally cannot pick up as well.

That reminds me...can someone pick up a bottle of Bailey's for the coffee cart?

Good morning, all! March has arrived. So far here, it's pretty lamb-like. Is that a good sign? Anyway, water is hot and coffee is perked. Come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Back