Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Lastpointe

Good morning. Still two feet of snow on the ground, 5e pond is still frozen. yet I saw my first robin today so I know spring is coming. four old robins nests are ready and waiting for her

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
four old robins nests are ready and waiting for her

I'll lay bets right now that she'll claim the nest in the most dangerous/inconvenient of spots. I'm never sure why robins are not extinct, given their inferior nest locating instincts.

Lastpointe

Lol. Last year we had a novice robin who seemed incapable of building a nest. It was all straggling grass and vines. Kept blowing down. Meanwhile perfectly good nests are sitting waiting under eaves and in trees

ours seem to like to build near doors which means we are constantly scaring them. Go figure

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning, all! As we watch birds build, or select, or reject their nesting preferences, the coffee cart is ready for your selection of hot beverages. Enjoy!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
I am wondering if the nest in our Japanese maple will get reused. We didn't even notice it last year until the babies were ready to fly. It is easily visible from Little M's old bedroom so I can keep an eye on it without disturbing them. Weird thing is, I was standing right under it to barbeque last year and didn't even notice robins around. When they used to nest in the ivy on the front porch pillar, I couldn't use the front door. The male went ballistic every time I went to the porch.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

The rationale for the red bust ... possible made from red brick clay? Dante's face was placed in it for the masque!

Reciprocation may have been a lead on reverse printing technology ... hated by the scribe guilds causing guilt imposition ...

The opposing advocate creates empirical images ... balance? May be a connection of body-mind immaterial of what was primal thought!

Psyche is like that considering the deeper wisdom ...

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
We must have had a magpie nest in our pine trees behind our house in FSJ. A neighbour cat would walk through the c yard and they'd holler about it. The poor dog couldn't do his business without their opinions and intervention.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
We must have had a magpie nest in our pine trees behind our house in FSJ. A neighbour cat would walk through the c yard and they'd holler about it. The poor dog couldn't do his business without their opinions and intervention.
I went through that with a redwing blackbird once. The nest was in the willow standard by the southeast corner of the deck and the male literally attacked me whenever I went out to use the BBQ.

KayTheCurler

We had swallows who wanted to make their muddy nests right over our front door. Every time someone entered or left they were attacked. No - the swallows didn't 'get used to us'! We knocked the nests down - they rebuilt - we knocked down -they rebuilt. Two pairs kept going all summer and completely missed raising little ones. We weren't very guilt ridden about it as there were plenty of other suitable places to build - the rest of the flock managed it

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
I think I had "my dream" last night. I saw him as I last saw him, sort of gaunt and old. He was at my bedside and invited me to take his hands. I hesitated, momentarily, thinking I could "feel" nothing. But as I reached for his hands, despite my fear, I felt them as strong and steady and present as in life. We both just sat down together, holding hands, and he let out a contented sigh, like we had come home. I don't remember it ending, just lasting through until I woke up.

Luce NDs

I think I had "my dream" last night. I saw him as I last saw him, sort of gaunt and old. He was at my bedside and invited me to take his hands. I hesitated, momentarily, thinking I could "feel" nothing. But as I reached for his hands, despite my fear, I felt them as strong and steady and present as in life. We both just sat down together, holding hands, and he let out a contented sigh, like we had come home. I don't remember it ending, just lasting through until I woke up.

There are folks that say an essence, phantom or a ghost cannot get into a head ... like a breeze ... or as LGK would say ruagh winds can lift a fabric.

Who has seen it? Ethereal bunch ...

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning! Happy Friday. As we find comfort in dreams, and we continue to try to instill into birds' brains the building code for nests, and the zoning codes as towhere they can be built, let us pause for hot beverages, and the camaraderie around the coffee cart.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

KayTheCurler

That sounds like a comforting dream. I especially like the contented sigh. Hope it brings you peace through the days ahead.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Cold, crisp, sunny here, although I've only actually dipped my nose outside - to let dog out front with her dog walker, and to let her out in the backyard when she returned, and a skite across the front porch in my slippers to grab the (junk) mail.

Pinga

Room for All
The church's small group team setup a group to "travel the world", where people will share photos based on a theme for the week.
I must admit it has been delightful. Why? Well, the photos are fun and interesting, but, it is a group with no homework, where we are receiving and getting to know each other. Don't want to share photos -- no problem. Just watch. It's also been fun to sort out what photos I wish to share, and why.

It's been simple for the organizer too, and well, jsut fun. I'm thankful that i joined.