Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Our coffee maker has been working to rule lately. It is likely taking it's last death gasps. We dug out the cone filters and have been making coffee using them and the kettle. Disposing of the coffee maker will give us more space on the counter.

I have used one of those for my daily coffee for years (although I also have an AeroPress for a more espresso effect). That and a kettle and several pots and tea balls manages my hot drink consumption.

French press. It's an extra step to deal with grounds but can't beat it for simplicity. Needs regular or coarse grind too.

although I also have an AeroPress for a more espresso effect

My son is fond of his Aeropress but it's up in Ottawa so he gets our old Melitta pour-over pot and filters out when he is home. He has not touched his French press in years. It's sitting up in a cupboard here in London.

Weather pending, I'm planning a trip to see my family. Day trip, outdoor visiting. The plan was to see his Dad too (and Chemguy would do a quick walk through to see where his Dad and sister are now living, I would not due to cats). His Mom died 2 years ago yesterday. His Dad flew to BC though :X3: (using this as a monkey facepalm).
My sister and nephews are also there right now, they were supposed to have been back today but my brother in law is awaiting COVID results (being super cautious, one person working in the same area from a different company had a possible exposure, the fact that his test isn't back already suggests it's negative).
I'm a little hesitant with my nephews there, they have been to their other grandparents, the zoo, etc. I think they can keep their distance from us though. We'll order in for meals and are bringing our own snacks.

I don't really expect to see family much once the weather cools down, maybe my nephews for a Halloween walk in our neighbourhood if people decorate this year. I want to get some visits in while we can be outside for a long time and before school starts up.

Happy weekend! To those of you travelling, safe out and back, pleasant visits and experiences. Take a to-go cup of something with. All of you, enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Thanks Red, grabbing a cup for our day trip to Lunenburg , NS today.
View attachment 3961
(Gary Yim/Shutterstock)

Did the Halifax to Lunenberg drive back when Mrs. M was teaching at Dal. I went down for a visit and rented a car so we could do some touring around. Had a fantastic chowder in Mahone Bay on that trip. We've been suckers for a good seafood chowder ever since.

Did the Halifax to Lunenberg drive back when Mrs. M was teaching at Dal. I went down for a visit and rented a car so we could do some touring around. Had a fantastic chowder in Mahone Bay on that trip. We've been suckers for a good seafood chowder ever since.
I had seafood chowder at a good Lunenburg restaurant- but every time I come to the same conclusion, my Canadian friend makes a better one. We had a delicious warm chocolate brownie with ice cream and whipped cream after that.

Oh Lunenburg - fond memories of weathering the hurricane while there last Sept!

We had a great evening - our son & his gf here for a visit - dinner on the deck before it started to rain, then inside & played a couple of games of Mexican Train ... so nice to spend time together. Oh - and yay Raptors! Way to win!

Good morning, all! Dreary and rainy here this morn, on the upside, the beverage cart is ready. Would be a good day for a cinnamon bun or 4, as well.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

We have a heater coming ... sort of like empiric flamer in the darkness ... can the autonomous man Kerie this as a torch ... an icon of something else as stereoisomer ... chimeral? These can be used to alter light ... Lazarus in light reorganization!

Still the right feels superior in the sans ... yet the left tracks! PAX Roma ... roughly transcended: people of emotions! Then there is the opposed image as complementary to assist balance in the greater narrative ... the all is out there ... indeterminate sigma? IZ for shortened as one rendering down ...

Yes, heat warning again. Better get used to it, this will be the future. Colleague told me that that was the norm for summer in Ottawa. I like Ottawa, but do people really live there during the summer?

I'm just making a quinoia tabbouleh salad. I leave out the tomatoes and just add them in. That way it keeps in the fridge a few days.

Yes, heat warning again. Better get used to it, this will be the future. Colleague told me that that was the norm for summer in Ottawa. I like Ottawa, but do people really live there during the summer?

My son does. Loves it there but he's not as prone to sweating and doesn't complain about the heat as much as I do. And I imagine that, like a lot of other Ontario cities, a lot of people from Ottawa flee to the countryside for a few weeks or long weekends. They are fairly close to both cottage country in Ontario and the Gatineau HIlls, a major recreation area in Quebec.

FYI, Ottawa has had a record summer so far this year. Hottest July since 1921. London had its hottest since 1955 or something like that.

We had 2" of rain today! Sure needed it - and it came over the course of several hours - so that was better than a huge downpour. Windy this afternoon - still humid. Had a great visit from our son & hs gf last night - we got to eat outside on the deck before the rain came. Enjoyed some great conversation & then played a game of Mexican Train when we came inside.

This afternoon I sat on the porch, enjoying the warm wind & crafted a 'lavender wand' for the first time! My lavender is a bit beyond the optimal time for picking & doing this, and I just used ribbon I had on hand - but it worked out okay despite my fumbly fingers. Thanks to whoever had posted a link to instructions - I think it might have been Mrs. Anteater.

P1030291 sm.JPG

Back