Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! The beverage cart is up and running to fill your hot beverages needs. Have a wonderful day! Those of you in this neck of the woods, stay cool.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I've had my medicinal dose of steroidal stimuli ... no more needed in this satisfied sol! Bottom line ... where shadows of the forgoing are cast ...

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
We continue to have heat warnings. Not much can be done in this area. I will resign and take my kayak carrier off the car, calling for thunderstorm risk all week. Maybe I need to escape to the shore. Will go out for some weeding before the temp hits the 30 ties.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
We continue to have heat warnings. Not much can be done in this area. I will resign and take my kayak carrier off the car, calling for thunderstorm risk all week. Maybe I need to escape to the shore. Will go out for some weeding before the temp hits the 30 ties.
I had a plan to learn to kayak this summer. Looks like I'll need to wait until next year.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I have never been comfortable in kayaks for some reason. Much prefer canoes. Mrs. M and Little M can kayak, though, and used to when he still lived with us. My middle brother does most of his fishing from kayaks now. Even travels around to kayak fish in tournaments.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
I have never been comfortable in kayaks for some reason. Much prefer canoes. Mrs. M and Little M can kayak, though, and used to when he still lived with us. My middle brother does most of his fishing from kayaks now. Even travels around to kayak fish in tournaments.
Yeah. I am a bit weirded out at the thought of being so close to the water in a kayak, but I'll get over it. I've only ever canoed with friends.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
I have done both, minimally (well, we sorta often had a kayak when I was a kid, so that a bit more). I find canoe-ing harder work than kayaking. I also loved the really close to the water peacefulness of a kayak at daybreak on a still lake. And I actually hilariously enjoyed learning how to roll a kayak, exit and gracefully re-enter and became totally unafraid of it, and would do it for fun sometimes if it was really hot.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Kayaks can get a bit unstable, quicker, in higher waves, etc., so I just didn't have anything but me, a swimsuit, and a sturdy tie for my glasses.

I'm sure that a life jacket is recommended today, lol.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Several of my neighbours have kayaks - they have little wheels for them too - so they just pop them on the wheels & down to Lake Ontario they go - it's about 3-4 blocks to walk from here to a good beach launch site. Guy next door has one with foot pedals also - for fishing if one wishes. But I think he just likes the fitness component & uses both arms & legs to propel his.

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Can you drink coffee in a kayak? or a canoe? When you come ashore, the beverage cart will be waiting. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
There has been inventive people constructing cup holders for that purpose. It is 8 am and we are having 30 degrees already. House cleaning day, as I am having friends over for “Rouladen” on Thursday.
And, yes, Rouladen having pickles in them....
making them is a bit time consuming. You can buy them ready made at the butcher in Germany or just buy the meat and do it yourself.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! The beverage cart is here for you. Enjoy.
Speaking of German menu items, I sure could go for some Sauerbraten with red cabbage.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Speaking of German menu items, I sure could go for some Sauerbraten with red cabbage.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
Temptations of all sorts ... thus demonic genes come to test ... almost seminal! That's iconic ... sassen*ach?

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
If I remember right, Sauerbraten has to marinate for at least three days- too much planning ahead for me.