Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Well, I prepared 16 rouladen I had the meat in my freezer and it was time to be used up. Pickles, onions, bacon, mustard. Will brown them tomorrow and cook in the slow cooker. Usually, I would prepare red cabbage with it, but my friends don’t like red cabbage, so it will be carrots.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
I love rouladen, so did my late ex-husband. Not something one makes for oneself. As I recall, I used pancetta, fresh parsley, and shallots for the stuffing around quartered home made dill spears and the thin sliced beef, in a braised red wine reduction.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! The coffee cart is ready! Let the banners fly and the bells ring!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
Bells are ringing and banners are flying but I'm not sure why. Am I the 100th lucky customer? A nice steaming cup of joe is welcome. Thanks RB.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Sour brats ... is this a relation to drumphs beating in the astral ranges of alien sects? Mum, Dad I didn't wish to be here ... root of adolescent martyr dumb! Freud had another word for it ... but psychology is not well accepted as it is a study of strange domains! More immaterial that we don;t know ... thus denied manna ...

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Yep, red wine is part of it. Never used dill.
It was a variation I got from my auntie who taught me to cook. Where she got it, don't know, but she used to buy a Gourmet magazine occasionally if she could slip it into her shopping money. She was from the Island of Guernsey (a teenager in WW2), so where she learned such a wide range of cuisines, and variations thereof, I'm not really sure, although she also collected cookbooks by the time I knew her in her 40s and 50s. The dill spear was a replacement for your pieces of pickle, I guess.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
OMG - I remember Gourmet magazine! It' was so drool worthy - but most of the recipes seemed extraordinarily complex - at least to me!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
But there'd also be the odd simple gem. I still make pork tenderloin using a recipe I got from a Gourmet magazine called Tipsy Tenderloin. Poke a fork in them. Marinate with equal amounts of sherry and soy sauce, also chopped fresh ginger and chopped fresh garlic. Broil or BBQ, brushing with marinade. Take it off the heat while still a bit pink and tent with foil for 15 mins or so. Slice into thick "medallions". Bring leftover marinade to a hard boil, maybe reduce a bit, drizzle a bit over medallions, if you wish.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
... Usually, I would prepare red cabbage with it, but my friends don’t like red cabbage, so it will be carrots...

How do you prepare red cabbage Mrs A?

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
It was a variation I got from my auntie who taught me to cook. Where she got it, don't know, but she used to buy a Gourmet magazine occasionally if she could slip it into her shopping money. She was from the Island of Guernsey (a teenager in WW2), so where she learned such a wide range of cuisines, and variations thereof, I'm not really sure, although she also collected cookbooks by the time I knew her in her 40s and 50s. The dill spear was a replacement for your pieces of pickle, I guess.
oh, I see. One usually uses some of the pickle juice , too, which would have dill in it.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as Cream of Wheat WITHOUT lumps?
Anyway, no lumps in the tea or coffee this morning (though a stray leaf particle or coffee ground is possible). Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as Cream of Wheat WITHOUT lumps?
Anyway, no lumps in the tea or coffee this morning (though a stray leaf particle or coffee ground is possible). Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
Then there is gruel with oats ... or even traditional oatcakes that come in a spectrum too!

Some character asked for more ... when there's nothing lumps will do ... hard cakes and bread ... stone soup? Thus some powers bang their head on a wall when praying ... Jude'n pain?