Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

New tea today. Wakoucha, which apparently means "Japan Red Tea". "Red Tea" is what some Asian cultures call black tea, so it's basically a Japanese black. And it is good. Only ever had green from Japan in the past so this is something new.
Does it taste different from other blacks? It's been a while since I've had a plain black tea.

Does it taste different from other blacks? It's been a while since I've had a plain black tea.

More like Chinese than Indian, not surprisingly. I find East Asian black teas have a smoother taste than the Indian teas used in your usual orange pekoe and breakfast blends.

Good morning! For those with discriminating palettes who can tell where the tea leaf was grown, and for those whose main concern is getting enough caffeine in their systems to function, the hot beverage cart is ready. Come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

New blend today called Coronation Street after the long-running British soap opera (the owners of my favorite tea shop are originally from the UK). Nice citrus-y flavour. This was a free sample they put in my last order.

On recommendation, I treated myself to some Cream of Earl Grey, which I am sharing if anyone would like to try it.

Just back from some very hot weeding. Picked a pot full of mint. So fresh mint tea is ready for all

( if you have never made it, stuff your tea pot with clean mint leaves. Add boiling water. Enjoy)

Good morning! For those with discriminating palettes who can tell where the tea leaf was grown, and for those whose main concern is getting enough caffeine in their systems to function, the hot beverage cart is ready. Come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
Can we call on volunteers to read the future out of tea leaves and coffee ground afterwards? @BetteTheRed ?( my hunch is that you have some skills in that area, or @Inannawhimsey ?

I read the labels on tea cans to see what's in them. Does that count? :unsure:

No, I guess not. :oops:

If you prefer coffee, here the instructions

If you prefer coffee, here the instructions
The only message I ever get from coffee grounds in the cup is, "The filter failed again..."

Good morning! We have made it to Friday. Let us celebrate this accomplishment with caffeinated beverages! Coffee cart is up and ready. Some of us may be available to reveal your future invent amusing stories thru reading tea leaves and coffee grounds.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Looked into the leaves of my Scottish Breakfast today but all I could see was more hot, steamy weather and an ad for Jock McBile's Discount Bagpipe Emporium (if anyone gets the McBile reference, take a CBC point).

The grounds this morning say another one like yesterday. Steamy (up to 30c) and mixed overcast. Disappointed that a T storm dissapated before reaching us last night...it was to have been a rip snorter. Dang. Tomorrow a plunge to 14c!

Back