Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Seeler

Reaction score
Good morning all. I'll have a cup of coffee and a bagel.

Ninja, Seelerman was disappointed to see that the thunderstorm didn't occur on the side of the river, either. But today is beautiful, blue skies, lower (but still about 50) humidity – a good drying day. I should have some laundry ready to hang ou but I've been having a lazy morning.

My big project recently has been cleaning out a lot of stuff from the house. Pretending I'm moving to a smaller place (not really in the plans right now) and getting rid of things I no longer need. What do I do church calendars from 2000 to 2019? Bulletins for a recent years? Observers for recent years? That one time I would've added them to my supplies for Sunday School for vacation Bible School – but the time is long past.

I must be careful that I don't become a hoarder, like I see on TV. Perhaps I am on my way! :LOL:

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
Good morning. It was a long couple days that were filled with activity. I was in bed early and slept in this morning. A lazy day of knitting ought to completely restore me. This coffee hits the spot.

I have some wonderful Island Berry (raspberry, strawberry and blueberry) jam here and some Portofino bread if anyone would like some.

Cheers.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
It is definitely hard to purge our things. Calendars often are worth keeping if you are the sort who makes notes and notation on them

old magazines to the burn pile or recycle.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Did my every two week shopping today. All in it takes about three hours. Drive there, wait in line, slowly shop, slowly pack, drive home. Clean everything, let it dry, put it all away, take a shower and change clothes. Yikes. Slower today as hubby was working with contractor

but now I am stocked up for two weeks. Yes!

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
I called 911 today due to a dangerous driver. Hold, speak to someone, transfer, hold. Wait, wait. Go up to my clinic, get called in, give up on the call as figure the immediate connection isn't so important anymore as who knows where the driver is, hang up. No text in that time (I do have t911)
After appointment call non-emergency line - wait about 15 minutes to connect there. He was concerned at least, but no record of my 911 call.

Reaction score
I just passed twin ladies on the sidewalk who looked to be in their 80s. They were dressed similarly and had the same hairstyle. I didn't want to bother them because I'm sure it happens all the time - but I kind of wish I'd asked to take a photo.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
I just passed twin ladies on the sidewalk who looked to be in their 80s. They were dressed similarly and had the same hairstyle. I didn't want to bother them because I'm sure it happens all the time - but I kind of wish I'd asked to take a photo.
In my town of origin, there were also a set of senior twins-- well known around town since they were always together. One was widowed and had lost a son, and the other never married and had been a career nurse. Anyway, the bereaved mother looked about 20 years older.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Rain, rain, beautiful, persistent, cooling rain. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And yes, I have been outside to offer a tribute to rain.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
We had a front roll through around dinner time but still probably need more. It is bloody dry down here. We shall see what the weekend brings.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Still raining nicely. In related news, my car was, as always, wide open, top and sides, to said lovely rain. Closed now. Will be humid in there tomorrow, lol.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
'Tis a dull morning, so far, grey and rainy. No one is complaining, though, because it's been dry. Besides, with enough coffee and tea, we can be our own sunshine.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
My yard is starting to green up a little already. Chance of showers is supposed to continue through today. A couple trees were starting to look a bit glum. I'll be watching them. Sounds like there's more rain, or at least showers, in the coming week so maybe the drought really is over here.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
Not as blazin' hot as it was yesterday, but it still feels pretty muggy here. Rain hopefully this afternoon.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
We missed the rain of early evening storms (got the wind, thunder & lightning tho!) - for some weird reason they often split just before getting here and go around us - but we had a huge storm around midnight ... and LOTS of rain! Wow - probably lots of flooding will occur as storm sewers are overwhelmed and that then causes many of our GTA Lake Ontario beaches to be overloaded with e-coli for a while - so closed for swimming amidst the heatwave. More rain in the forecast for the next few days - which is so needed by our parched earth. I'm glad my rainbarrel is full again - and I"m wishing I had several!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
I've cut out some material for masks. I haven't done any sewing in an age. I figure simple masks would be a good way to ease back in. Plus, if we need to wear masks might as well have fun. I'm off to a good start. I used a rotary cutter for the first time and still have all my fingers. IMG_20200711_172145_274.jpgIMG_20200711_172145_277.jpg

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! Let us rejoice that we need not cut out our own mugs and cups, for that would be very difficult before we've had coffee. Speaking of which, the cart is up and running for your hot bevvy needs. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]