Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
Coffee is welcome. Those are awesome fabrics @Northwind . Looks like you know a quilter. Fabricville has a big sale on right now.
I do indeed. She was given a lot of fabric and was downsizing. I was one of the beneficiaries. I want(ed?) to make a quilt for our bed. I've come to realize that it would be wise to start with something smaller to ease back into sewing.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Ahhhhh .... after yesterday's storms there is a cool freshness in the air this morning, and a delightful breeze! I will take my coffee out to the garden to take full advantage of this beautiful day in creation! I've just finished baking some little sourdough buns - so I will leave a basket of them here in the room with cream cheese and raspberry jam for spreading. Enjoy my friends.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
Ahhhhh .... after yesterday's storms there is a cool freshness in the air this morning, and a delightful breeze! I will take my coffee out to the garden to take full advantage of this beautiful day in creation! I've just finished baking some little sourdough buns - so I will leave a basket of them here in the room with cream cheese and raspberry jam for spreading. Enjoy my friends.
Perfect for an afternoon "little something". Thanks and continue to stay cool.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning, all! The cart is ready for you. Also found some bagels to go with. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Mmmm. Bagels. Go well with a breakfast tea.

Nice to have some cooler weather. And wetter. Things are greening up a bit.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
HInt: weeds as groundcover keep colour better than grass (although the purple and variegated bugle weed doesn't exactly add a green effect).

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Every rule has an exception ---MU'r phy/phi! After that it is avowed chaos and anarchy en Sues! Later peace returns ...

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
And one groundcover that's quite good at choking out some other worse things is white clover.
Nothing stops field bindweed! No, seriously, this stuff is seriously unstoppable. Apparently farmers just plough it under as deep as possible. The iron based stuff we are allowed to use now slows it down at best. Creeping charlie, which is what I have in front, is pretty tough, too, but it looks nicer at least and has a nice smell when you cut it.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
That's one thing I don't have is bindweed. It's worse than periwinkle. Yeah, creeping charlie is a pretty shade of green and gets attractive blue flowers in the spring, to which the bees are seriously attracted.

And speaking of destructive plants, the single plant of Japanese knotweed on the rail trail, which I have pointed out to Barrie staff on several occasions over the past two years is now a little stand of five plants. I think I might have to acquire some commercial grade Round-up and kill it myself.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
One thing I noticed from moving from Ont is that white clover (all kinds, in fact) is much more prevalent here. "Fields of Clover" comes to mind. It's grand! Pollinators like it too.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Oh gee - bindweed - I've dug so much of that out of my school garden! Amazing root runners! I challenged the kids last year to see who could find the longest runner as they were weeding! And creeping charlie - I was just weeding that out of my lawn yesterday morning! I have a particular area where it comes up - so I just watch for it, and diligently weed. My nemesis is wild violets which have seeded vigorously in the lawn. I have to admit, I've now dug out most of it from my garden beds, and I'm thinking seriously of resorting to chemicals to rid the lawn of them!

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
As we contemplate how green the weeds and clover are or aren't, letus indulge in warm beverages. The coffee cart is up and running. Enjoy,

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
We could probably make warm beverages from some of those weeds. Dandelion tea is a thing, I know. I will stick to black tea for now, though.

C(_)/ c\_/

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
I'm sitting here with a fresh cup of Irish Breakfast tea as I visit. The kettle is still warm. There's lots of tea here if anyone wants some.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Time to refill the coffee and freshen the tea!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Brought out the red china today. No particular reason.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Morning, all. Kinda grey and dull outside in these parts at the moment. But the warmth of beverages and company here will overcome that.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
We could probably make warm beverages from some of those weeds. Dandelion tea is a thing, I know. I will stick to black tea for now, though.

C(_)/ c\_/
Where's Bette when we need her! She seems to often be making natural type teas!