Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

What we're allowing at No Frills is the wearing of just a face shield, BUT ONLY WHILE BEHIND THE ACRYLIC barriers (still have to mask on the floor). I'm going to try one to see if it helps with my customers' lipreading problems.
Wearing it long term too, like being a cashier for hours, it would probably be easier to deal with. No need to change it over time, no glasses fogging (or at least minimally so), etc.

@Lastpointe - re the face shields - I was suprised to see some for sale at Fabricland recently. $15 each I think - and they would be re-usable. However - they mostly provide eye protection for the wearer from incoming droplets and are usually worn with a mask to prevent outward spread of any germs. The wrap under the chin is needed to limit outward droplet transmission.
I would think a full motorcycle helmet would work as well.

Darth Vader application of a resolute item ... Precis dent desk ... with a void behind it! Marx 'd? The narrative is incomplete ... deficient plot? MCcarthy was eventually slowed but the scars remain ...

A neet way to look at the importance of mask wearing etc

1 – Air Purifying Respirator
If you want a down-n-dirty, quick-n-easy, cheap solution you could buy an air-purifying respirator. But take note, these respirators only cover your nose and your mouth.

While they do technically purify the air, it leaves your eyes totally exposed.

And yes, eyeballs are extremely vulnerable to chemical damage and biological infection. And to be blunt, you need your eyesight if you want any chance to survive a real chemical attack.

Stumbling around in the dark during an attack is a recipe for failure.

2 – Full Face Gas Mask
The second option is a full face gas mask. As you probably already guessed, this version includes eye protection.

These gas masks are the ones you normally think of when someone utters the word, “gas mask”.

They include a large filter attached below the mouth area and they cover the entire face. Your eyes are inside this mask and you can see out of glass or plastic plates.

My advice? You really only have one option.

Go with the full face gas mask.

Masks are not to protect ourselves. Masks have been shown to help us not spread our germs to others.

Masks have been shown to help us not spread our germs to others.
So healthy people do not need to wear masks then.
What’s happening in the world today, including the misinformation surrounding community mask wearing, is about political agendas, symbolism, fear, and dividing and isolating the people. It has nothing to do with science.

If you're well and truly healthy. As for wearing them, I'm happy with my province's recommendation that they only be worn when distancing cannot be maintained, particularly indoors. If I have any doubt about the person I will maintain my distance. Lack of symptoms is not always a sign of good health for many things

If you're well and truly healthy. As for wearing them, I'm happy with my province's recommendation that they only be worn when distancing cannot be maintained, particularly indoors. If I have any doubt about the person I will maintain my distance. Lack of symptoms is not always a sign of good health for many things
People with SARS-CoV-2 should be wearing them to protect others, whether or not they are healthy.

With an adequate masque one can say one thing and do another ... it supports the republic!

Mashes de mos tas you might conceive!

The suggestion, depending on province, is age 12.

I'm seeing a lot of parents working on adjusting their much younger children to masks.

Here are two quotes from Donald Trump's Press Conference today :

"We're asking everybody, that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask, whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact. They'll have an effect and we need everything we can get. Data shows children have the lowest fatality risk, 99.96 of all virus fatalities are in adults, think of that. So that's much much much less than one percent for children young people, by understanding these risk profiles and learning how to treat the disease we've been able to greatly reduce mortality in the United States."

"The vaccines are coming and they're coming a lot sooner than anyone thought possible, by years. If you look at the old system and look at the new system, I think by years. The China virus is a vicious and dangerous illness but we've learned a great deal about it and ultimately our goal is not merely to manage the pandemic but to end it. We want to get rid of it as soon as we can that is why getting a vaccine remains a top priority too. Vaccine candidates are entering the final stage of clinical trials this month, this was achieved in record time. It used to be years before you were in a position like we are right now for other vaccines. We'll lead to final trials and the following weeks and we're mass producing all of the top candidates so that the first approved vaccine will be available immediately. And logistically we have the military ready to go. We have great people, logistic military people, a wonderful general who's waiting for the vaccine so they can distribute it in record time. That's what's going to happen. So our military is all set to go. We will deliver a vaccine, therapeutics, whatever it is is necessary and defeat the virus once and for all."

Thoughts?

Back