Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Alberta's curve is no longer thought as being flat. But the health care system is ok, so not extra things from the province because why be proactive at this point?
:mad:

Reaction score
Good job. I agree with everything except that both parties are not the same. If they elect Biden for 4 years, it at the very least won’t make things worse for 4 years. It might not make them better but at least it holds the door open a crack for something better - especially if he picks a competent and ethical/ aspiring to be more ethical VP- with the more ethical, least capitalist minded, members holding their own party accountable for doing better. As for addressing covid, I believe the Dems, with a push from the left-ist side of the party, are in a better position to address covid competently - and not turn the US into an apocalyptic/ fascist/ theocracy (run by someone who is only using the “Christian” brand for votes, but who is an embodied icon of mammon worship - literally, he literally is so much, that icon - and he appears to have no shame whatsoever about it, and possibly not even the ability to feel shame about making mistakes that are harmful to others besides himself - that you could almost say it’s biblical) while they’re at it. Among other things. But this is the covid thread.

Last edited:

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Beware of Dim Tool, aka Tim Pool, alt-right influencer. Somebody’s alt-right is showing. I can smell the gaslight. I’m ignoring you again, Inanna.
Tim Pool sold his soul sometime after 2014 - apparently, there is more money in the “disaffected liberal” con gig than there is in maintaining integrity. Ever notice how all these red pilled former liberals claim to not like Trump, but instead of heavy hitting critique of Trump and the truly damaging right wing policy, they spend the majority of their time s**tting all over the left? That’s the con of the alt-right. Post #4135 is like a bad omnibus being being snuck through by Inanna. A couple of worthy posts about unjust incarceration and death from covid, in a country run by a fascist - and then, posts by Tim Pool - who sometimes pretends he’s a liberal but has a following of alt-right fan-boys.

Inanna, you can’t butter me up with tributes to Michael Brooks, then try to sneak Tim Pool opinions in. I’m not buying it. If you stay here and do that, I’m gone. I’m not hanging around here for you to stress me out with your mind games. Unfortunately, you can do that to others here because most of them watch cable TV, don’t realize what’s going on on the internet, and they don’t realize how politically influential these people are to those under 40.
Blessed one
Woah. I have no idea where this even came from.

No I can't read your mind. You can't read other people's minds.

Read that Tim Pool tweet of Katy Tur again. He is talking aboot a factual event. I was here in USA. I watched it happen. It is normal human behaviour. Similar people who were supporting proper covid virus protection techniques were during the (and still) BLM demonstrations doing the opposite. Not all. Sombunall. No conspiracy. No magic words controlling people.

I get your politics. You are leery of people who you think don't have your politics. Like all the Weinsteins. And that is fair for you to hold that opinion. One area where you go off the rails is using your cognitive biases to then only find info that somehow shows that these people have an inner taint. And that is not fair imho. It is causing you issues with other people imho. You seem to want to close yourself off to possibilities, other povs as you get older because they arent your politics?

When you get this way you are like Senator McCarthy. Remember him? He found guilty by association. You are finding people guilty by association. The Weinsteins. Dr. Jordan Peterson. Now I find Tim Pool is added to that list. Alt-right white supremacist facist by association.

(And I get it. You seem to think some words and concepts are inherently immoral so you want to police them somehow. I however lean towards changing societal incentives and helping arm people individually to have more say in their lives...like helping people recognize cognitive biases and teaching real postmodernism that actually liberates because it shows how power really works: top bottom bottom top side to side always changing)

It seems that you know really what is going on. Don't you find that terrifying? When has that ever happened, really? Aren't you ever afraid of being wrong? I dont know what is going on.

I came back here fully intending to interact with you as a fellow human being. f*** politics. If this helps you: we are being manipulated by the same people who have made you concerned aboot Systemic Racism et al. While we plebes fight each other over who is the most pure, they are tightening the knot for permanent totalitarianism.

Totalitarians and like fundie folk dont like laughter. It makes em mad and confused. Thatz one of my talents. I can see the best in people and help them lighten. Despite this global chaos, there is still room for laughter.

And Mike Brooks. When I read your reaction to his death I thought here is Kimmio who could maybe use some more Mike Brooks. So I resent that accusation of buttering up.

Your calling alt right and gaslighting no longer bothers me. Thanks for innefectually trying to hurt me.

Please stop your whatever it is that is causing you to be so confusing and...self-hating?

You are alive. You are living in an amazing time. In an amazing wealthy country. I meant it that u should come to Portland. Amazing things r happening here. That I havent heard much aboot in Canada?

Again I am trying to have human to human communication with you. And not everything I write is aboot you :3

Sorry folks for the massive derail.

So Covid. What a kick.

Rita, love the vid :3 I'm going to lissen to a few more

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Reaction score
Why is Tim Pool your go to on anything anymore? Why do you even still take tweets from that guy seriously? A broken clock may be correct twice a day but that doesn't mean its useful.

No it's not always just the same powers trying to get us to fight each other. In this case - it's the far right trying to make you believe that, and using dimwits of the alt-right who've been made to believe that, as a gateway down a particular path, as a means to their ends - or using not so dimwitted ones who actually know what they're doing, to gaslight people who are none the wiser. Cue Jordan Peterson. And yes. Gaslight is an apt description.

If anything is McCarthy-like, it's Trump - the actual most f***ing powerful person in the world, as inappropriate as that is - calling people who disagree with him a threat. And if anything is fascist dictator-like, it's Trump inviting far right supporters, neonazi platforms, and and their adjacent accessories like Tim Pool, to private events at the WH to discuss social media (without well known social media people even present - they're no good either but he invited a select brand of no good to have an audience with). And the fake f***ing "classical liberals" (aka alt right) never f***ing go after Trump very hard but they'll excoriate the left to the point that their followers actually believe the "SJW"s are the next Nazis and McCarthys. It's 100% far right propaganda bulls**t. And I can't put it as eloquently as Micheal Brooks did - but I know he'd call bulls**t too. Tim Pool is a "both sides..." kind of racist. Either he's too ignorant to get it, or he's a real racist pretending to sound ignorant about systemic racism.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why have the Weinsteins made it their mission to go after the left when there's a real dictator in the WH? WTF is wrong with them? Something is clearly wrong there. WTF aren't you asking yourself that? Don't call me self-hating. Stop the passive aggressive bs.

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
He's the most powerful man in the f***ing world?! Get a grip!
Actually Xi Jinpingpong is #1, if you remember him?

Closely followed by Vladamir "i kill gays" Puttiniton

Angela Awesomesauce Merkel is around 4

And their power is temporary and only as good as us People who say Yes You Have Power

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Reaction score
(Sorry for the derail too. I posted in another thread but since Inanna chose to keep the conversation here, I addressed the problem that came up, here.)

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
And 45 is easy to manipulate. People have had lots of time to figure out how

He has a massive ego for one

He is positive towards those who stroke his ego

Dems should have been doing that. I hope some are

Instead of doing such stupid things as trying for the slowest coup in history lol

Or still passing hooge budgets for their military

Vlad is pretty near impossible to manipulate imho; he is so Cynical he is cynical aboot his cynicism lol

Oops. Again my apologies for train wrecking. Maybe these posts could b in a thread of its own? The 3 Amigas?

Again, that Covid. Sheesh.

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Reaction score
This is covid related. BC restaurants and abusive customers, in the city of Kamloops. Also (forgot to copy the link but its easy to find. The Premier says - which is different from the pleasant attitude of our health Officea Bonnie Henry - if BC residents with non-BC plates dont want to be criticized they should change their plates - or bus, or riđe a bike. I disagree, at this point. I have not seen a single non BC plate yet. Maybe, understandably, there are more on the mainland. I think they should consider changing their plates if they live here, but its not worth going after people in public over. Just wear your mask and keep your distance, regardless. And if you have a residence in 2 different provinces/ state-province, pick a location and stay there unless you really have to leave. But, its futile to yell at people about their licence plates. Even if they are from out of province, they’re already here, so it wont accomplish anything in terms of beating covid. Covid doesn’t care what we say to it.

Reaction score
My landlady/ sil came back from Alberta. We said hi in the driveway and I told her I didn’t want to get too close. She was understanding. She told me she wore her industrial mask - my stepbrother does woodworking/ sawing, varnishing, and some actual oil painting art on canvass - so he has a couple of them and probably gave her one - and big sunglasses - in public and on the plane (and no I don’t know if it was new/ sterile but I’m pretty sure it was not used since before covid (I saw them hanging in his workshop once. He doesn’t need to wear one often I don’t think - just if a hobby project requires it. He’s been more into his guitar lately by the sounds of it.) I’m sure it was washed out with soap and water. Not perfect but better than nothing. Probably better than a cute cloth mask - she has one of those too. She went to see her daughter. I don’t think they left her apartment much to go anywhere anyway - though I don’t know. From what I gather, her daughter is a cautious academic sort. But, still, I’m cautious too.

Last edited:

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
BC residents with non-BC plates dont want to be criticized they should change their plates - or bus, or riđe a bike. I disagree, at this point.
We had incidents in the Maritimes with people putting “ go home” notes on windshields. And- a a reaction, car owners putting notes on their cars “ I have completed the two weeks quarantine from ... too...”. Which, I think, is a good idea to make everyone feel better.
The problem with changing to a local plate was here that the office to do that was closed until about June.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
In another example of Trudeau liberals being tone deaf or something

the health minister. While advising all of us to stay home, to not go out, to not travel. She was flying in a private plane 4 weekends out of six from Ottawa to Thunder Bay

Luce NDs

Reaction score
In another example of Trudeau liberals being tone deaf or something

Show me an authority of anything that listens to much and I will note an exception to the rules of dead, deaf and unseeing powers! Source of Murphy's Philosophy! (not Rex Murphy)

Yet some are stern about the alter ... and non complementary activity ... on such matters there are divided and divers concerns ... doves an hawks!

Little white things and others laid bear ...

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
The paper, “Fair Allocation of Scarce Medical Resources in the Time of Covid-19,” was written by a team of prominent bioethicists and discusses “the need to ration medical equipment and interventions” during a pandemic emergency.

Their recommendations include removing treatment from patients who are elderly and/or less likely to survive, as these people divert scarce medical resources from younger patients or those with a more promising prognosis. Although the authors refrain from using the term, the necessity of setting up a death panel to determine who should or should not receive treatment is implicit in the proposal itself.

In normal times, this would have been just another scholarly discussion of a theoretical situation. But these are not normal times. Instead, the paper quickly went from abstract proposal to concrete reality. As Frei noted in her own article on how the high death rates at care homes in Ontario were created on purpose, the Canadian Medial Association (CMA) simply adopted the recommendations laid out in that New England Journal of Medicine article, abandoning its usual practice of deliberating on major changes to policy over a months-long consultation process because “[t]he current situation, unfortunately, did not allow for such a process.”

Lest there be any question about whether these policies are currently being put into practice, one needs simply observe the conversation that is taking place in Texas right now regarding how to deal with the supposed “surge” in COVID hospitalizations. As The Guardian puts it: “Texas hospital forced to set up ‘death panel’ as Covid-19 cases surge.”

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
The paper, “Fair Allocation of Scarce Medical Resources in the Time of Covid-19,” was written by a team of prominent bioethicists and discusses “the need to ration medical equipment and interventions” during a pandemic emergency.

Their recommendations include removing treatment from patients who are elderly and/or less likely to survive, as these people divert scarce medical resources from younger patients or those with a more promising prognosis. Although the authors refrain from using the term, the necessity of setting up a death panel to determine who should or should not receive treatment is implicit in the proposal itself.

In normal times, this would have been just another scholarly discussion of a theoretical situation. But these are not normal times. Instead, the paper quickly went from abstract proposal to concrete reality. As Frei noted in her own article on how the high death rates at care homes in Ontario were created on purpose, the Canadian Medial Association (CMA) simply adopted the recommendations laid out in that New England Journal of Medicine article, abandoning its usual practice of deliberating on major changes to policy over a months-long consultation process because “[t]he current situation, unfortunately, did not allow for such a process.”

Lest there be any question about whether these policies are currently being put into practice, one needs simply observe the conversation that is taking place in Texas right now regarding how to deal with the supposed “surge” in COVID hospitalizations. As The Guardian puts it: “Texas hospital forced to set up ‘death panel’ as Covid-19 cases surge.”
Call it “ death panel” for the dramatic effect. Truth is, that every hospital would already have an ethics committee. No need for any other committee. And talking about nursing homes- I would think that almost everyone of the residents has been addressed on admission to make clear in writing how much medical intervention they want to have done. That would be for example the DNR order or it would be if they want to be admitted to the hospital for infections, if they want for example been put on a ventilator. I know that for people with chronic pulmonary conditions it is part of the education to make clear that a ventilator could mean that you might never come off it. It is important to know that before the situation arises. In which case residents would not have been admitted to hospitals if they have chosen so. Tragic is that the staff in nursing homes likely was so short that not much palliative care could be provided.

Waterfall

Reaction score

Death panel is probably an inappropriate name, but this has taken place in many countries before the USA had to face these decisions.