Novel Coronavirus

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Here are two quotes from Donald Trump's Press Conference today :

"We're asking everybody, that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask, whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact. They'll have an effect and we need everything we can get. Data shows children have the lowest fatality risk, 99.96 of all virus fatalities are in adults, think of that. So that's much much much less than one percent for children young people, by understanding these risk profiles and learning how to treat the disease we've been able to greatly reduce mortality in the United States."

"The vaccines are coming and they're coming a lot sooner than anyone thought possible, by years. If you look at the old system and look at the new system, I think by years. The China virus is a vicious and dangerous illness but we've learned a great deal about it and ultimately our goal is not merely to manage the pandemic but to end it. We want to get rid of it as soon as we can that is why getting a vaccine remains a top priority too. Vaccine candidates are entering the final stage of clinical trials this month, this was achieved in record time. It used to be years before you were in a position like we are right now for other vaccines. We'll lead to final trials and the following weeks and we're mass producing all of the top candidates so that the first approved vaccine will be available immediately. And logistically we have the military ready to go. We have great people, logistic military people, a wonderful general who's waiting for the vaccine so they can distribute it in record time. That's what's going to happen. So our military is all set to go. We will deliver a vaccine, therapeutics, whatever it is is necessary and defeat the virus once and for all."

Thoughts?

He's capable of parroting some correct information.
I don't understand the military involvement with vaccine distribution unless it's related to getting them to locations where health professionals are.

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
Reknowed epidemiologist Larry Brilliant, one of the Peeps behind the eradication of smallpox on how we're doin with this bizarre Sars Cov 2

One of my go-to sites collecting all Sars-cov 2 information in one place. Curated by autism spectrum types :3 Dive in an explore.

During the lockdown a young kid in Washington State noticed a lack in Sars cov 2 up to date data and decided to build his own website. He was 17.

Here is his website Coronavirus Dashboard

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:

Ritafee

Being Human
Reaction score
I don't understand the military involvement with vaccine distribution unless it's related to getting them to locations where health professionals are.
Trump said Tuesday at a briefing that “the vaccines are coming, and they’re coming a lot sooner than anyone thought possible, by years.”

And the very next day ...

The Trump administration will pay Pfizer nearly $2 billion for a December delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine the pharmaceutical company is developing, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Wednesday.

The U.S. could buy another 500 million doses under the agreement, Azar said.

“Now those would, of course, have to be safe and effective” and approved by the Food and Drug Administration, Azar said during an appearance on Fox News.

Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE announced separately that the agreement is with HHS and the Defense Department for a vaccine candidate the companies are developing jointly. It is the latest in a series of similar agreements with other vaccine companies.

The agreement is part of President Donald Trump's Operation Warp Speed vaccine program, under which multiple COVID-19 vaccines are being developed simultaneously. The program aims to deliver 300 million doses of a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine by January 2021.

Under the initiative, the government will speed development and buy vaccines — before they are deemed safe and effective — so that the medication can be in hand and quickly distributed once the FDA approves or authorizes its emergency use after clinical trials.

The FDA has told manufacturers it expects any vaccine to be at least 50% effective to qualify. But at a congressional hearing Tuesday, Rep. Frank Pallone, D-N.J., said he was worried Trump could push the agency into prematurely clearing a vaccine.

If the Food and Drug Administration OKs it ...

Let's do the math:

The vaccine would be free to Americans, according to the deal, though health care providers could charge to administer it.

“If this vaccine prevents disease after one use, we calculate a windfall of more than $15 billion revenue for Pfizer,” “We believe this sets the top price for a vaccine, with lower prices elsewhere. Need for repeated use would be the game changer.”

Earlier this week, Tazeen Ahmad, an analyst with BofA, estimated that BioNTech’s vaccine program is worth about $11.7 billion. That’s based on an estimated $36 net price per dose in the U.S., $30 per dose in the European Union and $12 per dose in the rest of the world.

So ... who is paying for it ?

"If the ongoing studies are successful, Pfizer and BioNTech expect to be ready to seek Emergency Use Authorization or some form of regulatory approval as early as October 2020," the company said in a statement.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Trump said Tuesday at a briefing that “the vaccines are coming, and they’re coming a lot sooner than anyone thought possible, by years.”

And the very next day ...

The Trump administration will pay Pfizer nearly $2 billion for a December delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine the pharmaceutical company is developing, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Wednesday.

The U.S. could buy another 500 million doses under the agreement, Azar said.

“Now those would, of course, have to be safe and effective” and approved by the Food and Drug Administration, Azar said during an appearance on Fox News.

Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE announced separately that the agreement is with HHS and the Defense Department for a vaccine candidate the companies are developing jointly. It is the latest in a series of similar agreements with other vaccine companies.

The agreement is part of President Donald Trump's Operation Warp Speed vaccine program, under which multiple COVID-19 vaccines are being developed simultaneously. The program aims to deliver 300 million doses of a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine by January 2021.

Under the initiative, the government will speed development and buy vaccines — before they are deemed safe and effective — so that the medication can be in hand and quickly distributed once the FDA approves or authorizes its emergency use after clinical trials.

The FDA has told manufacturers it expects any vaccine to be at least 50% effective to qualify. But at a congressional hearing Tuesday, Rep. Frank Pallone, D-N.J., said he was worried Trump could push the agency into prematurely clearing a vaccine.

If the Food and Drug Administration OKs it ...

Let's do the math:

The vaccine would be free to Americans, according to the deal, though health care providers could charge to administer it.

“If this vaccine prevents disease after one use, we calculate a windfall of more than $15 billion revenue for Pfizer,” “We believe this sets the top price for a vaccine, with lower prices elsewhere. Need for repeated use would be the game changer.”

Earlier this week, Tazeen Ahmad, an analyst with BofA, estimated that BioNTech’s vaccine program is worth about $11.7 billion. That’s based on an estimated $36 net price per dose in the U.S., $30 per dose in the European Union and $12 per dose in the rest of the world.

So ... who is paying for it ?

"If the ongoing studies are successful, Pfizer and BioNTech expect to be ready to seek Emergency Use Authorization or some form of regulatory approval as early as October 2020," the company said in a statement.
It is to be paid for by a payroll tax cut ... a mentally opposing thing to reality!

Waterfall

Reaction score
Interesting, but I think the reliability of the test would be fairly low.
Why? The virus is now considered airborne/droplets and the test now is a nasal swab for immediacies sake....just wondering why nasal gunk is better than breathed air. Is it because it might not have time to circulate in our system?

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Why? The virus is now considered airborne/droplets and the test now is a nasal swab for immediacies sake....just wondering why nasal gunk is better than breathed air. Is it because it might not have time to circulate in our system?
My concern is more in terms of what is being detected rather than the sample collection.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Concerning disappointing and common with how science is used and neglected often.
Those determined don;t believe the chitz that change altar and learn of strange approaching items!

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
I've only gone to places where I can maintain distance for the last few months. I've worn a mask when asked, in knitting stores and at the hairdresser. I made myself and my husband masks, so will now have one with me to use indoors more often. Places like the hospital are busier so masks are more important now. View attachment 3914
Lookin good fellow Cascadian :3
I like the colours

Here's mine in art-lens form. View attachment 3915
Looking good there, Indiginous Canadian.

Hot. And heavy.
Thats what fans are for.
In the helmet :3
True - but sometimes with a great radio built in! That would be good!
Breaker 10-4. No Sars Cov 2 noticed. 10-4.
As are we all. Pretty good at parroting info. Esp aboot this virus
Or whatever Corporate Media wants us to think
Those who were supposed to look out for us failed miserably. Facebook "knew" we would need masks. I'm glad there are enuf schmart individuals that can actually help people. And sometimes these orgs like CDC and WHO can listen to these experts and give their ideas wider spread.

I advocate more fun
More tea parties
Dune buggy rides
More Canadians standing up for themselves instead of taking it in the butt all the time from govt and corps
More laughter

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:

Inannawhimsey

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
Reaction score
A bevvy of inneresting SarsCov2 schtuff

“I would urge the leaders — the local political and other leaders — in states and cities and towns to be as forceful as possible in getting your citizenry to wear masks." - Anthony Fauci

Interesting findings on t cells and sombunall of pop
Twitter

Inneresting findings during the lockdown
Twitter

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
A bevvy of inneresting SarsCov2 schtuff

“I would urge the leaders — the local political and other leaders — in states and cities and towns to be as forceful as possible in getting your citizenry to wear masks." - Anthony Fauci

Interesting findings on t cells and sombunall of pop
Twitter

Inneresting findings during the lockdown
Twitter

#MutualAid
#BeNotAfraid
#SystemicWhimsey
#JoyPrivilege
All is chaos ... because we can't get it together (complementarianism)?

The significant alternate calls it anarchy if it cannot be put in mercantile form ... so the collective can be sold! Thus down the tube syndrome ...

Royal and tyrannical flush? Supports donkeys and satyr!

This is easily inflamed by those hating in the federacy sending out profederate troopers! Stuff flies ...

Reaction score
Beware of Dim Tool, aka Tim Pool, alt-right influencer. Somebody’s alt-right is showing. I can smell the gaslight. I’m ignoring you again, Inanna.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tim Pool sold his soul sometime after 2014 - apparently, there is more money in the “disaffected liberal” con gig than there is in maintaining integrity. Ever notice how all these red pilled former liberals claim to not like Trump, but instead of heavy hitting critique of Trump and the truly damaging right wing policy, they spend the majority of their time s**tting all over the left? That’s the con of the alt-right. Post #4135 is like a bad omnibus being being snuck through by Inanna. A couple of worthy posts about unjust incarceration and death from covid, in a country run by a fascist - and then, posts by Tim Pool - who sometimes pretends he’s a liberal but has a following of alt-right fan-boys.

Inanna, you can’t butter me up with tributes to Michael Brooks, then try to sneak Tim Pool opinions in. I’m not buying it. If you stay here and do that, I’m gone. I’m not hanging around here for you to stress me out with your mind games. Unfortunately, you can do that to others here because most of them watch cable TV, don’t realize what’s going on on the internet, and they don’t realize how politically influential these people are to those under 40.

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
All things are politicized and divined by the power of fear of knowing and nosing about ... in libertarians that believe they should be free to do anything they wish to conserve the status quo ... the other end of the political line.

A good read on stoicism may enlighten ... but perhaps given the solidarity ... its not Toby! May be due to colliding anarchy and chaos ...