The WonderArt Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Metalhead ape rockin' out
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Last Fall, I released "The Healer's Secret" about a village healer with a dark past who must confront that past to save the valley where she lives. I always planned to do more with the character, and now the second part of "The Chronicles of Tana the Healer" is out on Stories Space. Picking up from a line in the first story about how another village's healer went mad and fled in the face of the crisis, Tana discovers what happened to her and must call on sorcery learned from her father, the sinister Night Lord, to save the woman.

The Healer's Power

And, yes, I left a hook at the end for part 3, which I am currently plotting out.

Part one, for those who haven't read it. Good idea to read it first, though I think Power stands fairly well on its own. Just gives a bit more about Tana and her history, including some bits that are referenced, but not in any detail, in Power.

wrdwrytr

The small retirement community I live in often asks us to show our support of various organizations, causes, etc. Recently we were asked to put blue & yellow ribbons or flags outside our houses in support of Ukraine. I didn't have any ribbons or flags but I did have canvas and paint. The blue sky and yellow butterfly represent the brave, beautiful and enduring spirit of the Ukrainian people.IMG_0397.JPG

JayneWonders

Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Last Fall, I released "The Healer's Secret" about a village healer with a dark past who must confront that past to save the valley where she lives. I always planned to do more with the character, and now the second part of "The Chronicles of Tana the Healer" is out on Stories Space. Picking up from a line in the first story about how another village's healer went mad and fled in the face of the crisis, Tana discovers what happened to her and must call on sorcery learned from her father, the sinister Night Lord, to save the woman.

The Healer's Power

And, yes, I left a hook at the end for part 3, which I am currently plotting out.

Part one, for those who haven't read it. Good idea to read it first, though I think Power stands fairly well on its own. Just gives a bit more about Tana and her history, including some bits that are referenced, but not in any detail, in Power.
I loved this story, kept me reading. You have a gift @Mendalla .

Couple of minor points
I was confused by how Tana knew that she was in the Diera's nightmares. Re-read that section a few times. Finally just kept reading. I am wondering if it is because I didn't read Part One. May be a part that doesn't stand alone.

I think that you could leave the sentence during delivery at "signs she knew". the rest feels excessive and takes away from the mystery.

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His
I was confused by how Tana knew that she was in the Diera's nightmares. Re-read that section a few times. Finally just kept reading. I am wondering if it is because I didn't read Part One. May be a part that doesn't stand alone.
This whole story hangs off of a line in The Healer's Secret about Hyrford's healer going mad because of the nightmares that are the "Mcguffin" of that story. It was a bit of a throwaway in the context of that story, but it hit me as a good starting point for the sequel.

Good note about the sentence. If I ever get part 3 off the ground and done, I may end up editing the whole lot into a single novella for e-publication and things like that might get changed in that project.

JayneWonders

Pronouns
She/Her/Her
It was really good. Quite interested in reading part 3. I could see multiple stories spinning and futures. I like the characters and their depth. I enjoyed the language and concepts.

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
My phone is annoying
Found out by accident I can now
With a touch
Make anything disappear in a picture

O
M
G

(Its been interesting to see how the app "fills in" behind the now deleted object. What it chooses to guess at. Freaky)

If you havent already try it oot folx
Tis spooky
And they all loved happily forever with their 401k and 1001 cats
The end

Last edited:

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His

The Healer's Power

And the third, and probably final, part of the story is up. You definitely want to read the others first, though I might have explained enough to make it stand alone. Tana returns to the palace of her evil father, the Night Lord, on a mission to save her mother's spirit, leading to a final confrontation with her past.

The Healer's Spirit

As I commented in a thread on StoriesSpace.com, this is probably the end of Tana's story. I like where I leave her at the end of this one. Her world, on the other hand, is something I might revisit and flesh out in future stories. I would just have a new cast of characters and probably set it in a different time and place. One possibility is a spoiler for this story so I'll spoiler block below. Read at your peril (and I do suggest reading the story first).

Tana discovers she is pregnant in this story so I might skip ahead a generation and have her child as the protagonist.

Luce NDs

The Healer is out and deconstruction is in ... as the myth was destroyed as something hidden in the story! Sacred or Gnostic in nature?

Delightful Life

M&M, Cascadian Lovers
More found art

This is somewhere in Argentina. It was made after a whole forest burnt down because some provincial workers didnt practice safe fire work. Thus this bit of art. If it is difficult to see, it is of a naked foot on the World
IMG-20220911-WA0002.jpg

Mendalla

Pronouns
He/Him/His
Here is the page for the Dream On competition. Some interesting poetry coming in. 14 entries to Date with 10 days still to go.