The WonderArt Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Luce NDs

Monsters sometimes take on the form of chimera (half, man half beast) ... why in some traditions women herd goats!

It is one heap of a job ... especially for those goats that disposed of sol ... and their only light went out ...

In reality this is a virtual displacement of gospel in goatskin ... and then beyond such books? Something else ... may even define BPD a psyche condition that is described by authorities in mental disorders for a person to get over ... because of the rough fringe between absolute and abstract ... a condition that forms a wide abyss ... a void in the head? Keep it calm in there folks ... still, black and deep ... if only for the kohl effect ... Kahn effort? The inn thing ... like innate ...

wrdwrytr

I was. sitting on my front porch the other day enjoying a break in the unending rain. I like to sit quietly and absorb what is around me. I was lucky enough to receive this gift of nature that became a poem. I'm passing it on.

Connoisseur
After last evening's heavy rain
wind sweeps the street dry
ruffling the trees
carrying loose leaves away
The sky wears a sweater
of fluffy grey clouds
and here and there
streaks and scraps
of brilliant blue
shine through the holes
Geraniums still bloom bright scarlet
though not as many now
their leaves turning brown
and rusted
Suddenly he is there
tiny creature of wonder
hovering above the flower
He dips his long beak
savouring a few sips
of nectar wine
Wings a blur
as he flies off
Ever searching
a new vintage of red

BethAnne

Rebellious mystic from Alberta
I was. sitting on my front porch the other day enjoying a break in the unending rain. I like to sit quietly and absorb what is around me. I was lucky enough to receive this gift of nature that became a poem. I'm passing it on.

Connoisseur
After last evening's heavy rain
wind sweeps the street dry
ruffling the trees
carrying loose leaves away
The sky wears a sweater
of fluffy grey clouds
and here and there
streaks and scraps
of brilliant blue
shine through the holes
Geraniums still bloom bright scarlet
though not as many now
their leaves turning brown
and rusted
Suddenly he is there
tiny creature of wonder
hovering above the flower
He dips his long beak
savouring a few sips
of nectar wine
Wings a blur
as he flies off
Ever searching
a new vintage of red
"The sky wears a sweater"...I love that phrase!

Luce NDs

That's to soak up the drips and ex spirts ... most have too much physical baggage and can't hold on ... thus the fall! auto 'M?

Energy shift ...

Mendalla

Agnostic pan(en)theist gorilla
Just going to drop this here in case any Wonderwriters besides me are interested. Stories Space has its first competition since its recent upgrade open. Theme is "Spooky tales", word limit is 5000 words, and the deadline, of course, is Halloween (October 31). First prize is $100 and there are smaller cash prizes for second and third. No gratuitous gore or violence so the focus is on ghost stories and the like. No slasher stories or similar. You have to join the site to enter, but is is a free site and there's some nice people (and gorillas) to hang with.

Needless to say, I will post a link to my entry once I have one.

Mendalla

The ape's new story is now up. It's my entry in the competition that I posted about above. The first commenter (also the mod who approved it) says it has a "Twilight Zone vibe". What do you think?

https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/horror/the-empty-office

I have two more stories on the go, both fantasy and both about the same protagonist. One will probably go up soon, the other is still "in progress".

BethAnne

The ape's new story is now up. It's my entry in the competition that I posted about above. The first commenter (also the mod who approved it) says it has a "Twilight Zone vibe". What do you think?

I have two more stories on the go, both fantasy and both about the same protagonist. One will probably go up soon, the other is still "in progress".
Twilight Zonish and interesting how the story developed...phone call is a great touch

Mendalla

This may be my favorite story in the comp so far. The writer is an older English gentleman who writes for us infrequently, but is pretty good. This ghost story has a nice ending that I did not see coming.

BethAnne

This may be my favorite story in the comp so far. The writer is an older English gentleman who writes for us infrequently, but is pretty good. This ghost story has a nice ending that I did not see coming.

That is a great story...and a great ending :)

Mendalla

And while I was in reading that story, I finally decided to pull the trigger on my latest. It's a longer piece, almost 6000 words, and set in a new fantasy setting (i.e. not the same "universe" as my earlier fantasy stories The Night of the Wind and The Goddess Dances). The protagonist is someone with a very dark family history who finds herself caught up in that darkness again years after she thought it was over.

I have been hammering away at this one for something like three weeks, including two changes to the ending (one to the climax and one to the denouement) and numerous smaller changes and tweaks. I actually still have a version with the other denouement sitting on my Google Drive but I think I am happy with the one I used.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
This isn't WonderArt, but closely related. The song is sung by a long time UC member (might be Minesing, not quite sure), who some of you might have run across at Presbytery or somewhere. Also a long time Georgian College faculty, retired. The words were written by fellow retired Georgian College faculty, and also, Lucy's dog-walker.

It's kinda fun.