Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

"Fresh" is how I like to think of the change in weather! Does anybody else keep wearing shorts & sandals but add a cozy sweater or hoodie? Or do you go first for the long pants, socks & closed toe shoes?

Thinking of you @Seeler as you venture off to see the 'fortune teller' today. There certainly are both advantages & disadvantages of trying to predict lifespan & progression of illness. Sometimes when patients would ask me if I thought they were dying, I'd reply by saying (if true) "You seem pretty good today, so I don't think today's the day. Beyond that it's a mystery."

Good morning, it seems like fall has arrived a couple days early, it is chilly out there.
Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctors at hospice house to try to predict the future. That something doctors say they can't do but that I consider important for me to know so I can prepare for it. I don't know what to hope for at this point. So often I've been prepared for the worst but been surprised.
I was impressed by the palliative care doctors at Sick Kids. I mean, what a terrible job, but they are very good at it. Everyone knew Carter was on borrowed time, and we just didn't know how much time. But they helped up prepare, and I was thankful for them.

Doctors don't know, but when you outlive their predictions, they aren't unhappy about being "wrong" and they weren't necessarily wrong at all. They often just want to help you prepare for worst case scenarios.

I suppose it's as Carolla says. If today is not the day, then you get to see tomorrow. No one knows about tomorrow. I hope you get the tomorrows you want.

Good morning, all! Autumn begins today. Let us celebrate the colours of the season. Maybe a crokinole tournament is due? Giving thanks for palliative care workers and volunteers, and wanting to hang on to sandals, as well as other issues and topics coming up today. The coffee cart is ready, help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

I love 'seeing' you here Seeler. And since I see you on Facebook, I am doubly blessed. Good morning everyone. I have decided that the prediction for my husband's lifespan could be wrong. He is half-way through radiation and doing fairly well. He is keeping his spirits up, and suffering little anxiety and depression so far. He says that is thanks to me, but I think he has something to do with it!

What do medical authorities really know when they eliminated holistic perspectives (i.e. broader views)?

Many cannot connect the physical with emotional vs intellectual vectors! Thus corrupted divinity as diabolically understood (poorly at that)!

Open hearts and minds are more sentient ... mutually! May lead to Gnostic Manichaeism ... and brutal headaches for the bipolar collective ... one half vegetating! Epi Ste mists ...

Is phi or Q an emotional high state of believing you know what you absolutely do not? The great unknown arranged for that with space time ... there we may find ourselves cornered! Time out ...

Last edited:
Off to see some relatives today. Chemguy's covid test is negative hopefully 2 days after being around many people at work that means we're safe for the family. A coworker who was at comiccon on the weekend not so lucky, he had to miss all of the work events. Dunno if it's covid, he was just sick.
Good to see you @Seeler !

A coworker who was at comiccon on the weekend not so lucky, he had to miss all of the work events. Dunno if it's covid, he was just sick.
People who are regular attendees at cons refer to "con crud" meaning the myriad bugs that inevitably pop up when you have large groups in close proximity for a period of time. Not to mention the odd consensual exchange of body fluids (yes, hookups happen at cons). Of course, C19 will be part of that mélange of nastiness now.

Hello. I didn't pop in yesterday. It's so great to see you here @Seeler. I enjoyed seeing your face with your great grand yesterday too. @Nancy it's good to hear your husband is doing well with his treatment. I hope it does its work.

The campfire ban was lifted here on Tuesday at noon. We enjoyed our first campfire of the season with friends last night. We ordered in pizza. It was nice. I finished the cover for our TV in the bedroom and am quite happy with it. It's much nicer than the black. I put Helios and Baela in it. Helios' face makes me smile when I see it.

20220921_224625.jpg

Hey Mrs.Anteater - thinking of you as you probably prepare for a very stormy weekend. Stay safe!

Good morning! We think this morning of those out East, in the path of Fiona-- stay safe! For all who pop in here to say hello, for family visits, for TV cozies (Love that phrase, btw!) for all the other stuff, big or small, going on, the coffee cart is ready for your gathering together. Come on by and join the conversations.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Is stimulation sometimes stretched to a pain (simulatae) from those tending towards fearful political activities?

There they wave their sticks and rods, etc. only to go down with the rest ... all the left! It is a spectra ...

Good morning. I love the term "TV cozy" too. That is now what it's called. It's nice to look down at the TV and see a picture instead of a black rectangle. :)

My cruise worker daughter left the west coast before the wind/flooding in the north. Now she is on the east coast and the course has been altered for safety reasons. Instead of going to PEI they are heading to Quebec. I'm happy they are trying to stay away from Fiona.

Hey Mrs.Anteater - thinking of you as you probably prepare for a very stormy weekend. Stay safe!
So far it’s quiet, just regular rain. I think 2 am is the time it gets stormy. I am hoping that we are going to be more on the edge of the storm here, Cape Breton will be in the main track of the storm.
Power outage is likely.

Back