Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Woke up with power, it was on all night. Had a few seconds flicker at breakfast. Wind is stil strong, but I remember I had the house shaking more with other storms. So I must be on the edge of it. All of PEI is without power and a minute ago, my radio had a long pause and now they are just playing music and saying they have technical difficulties.
The two real estate signs up the road are gone and I will check later on if they slammed into someone’s car.

Redbaron

Pirate fan since the dark ages
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Good morning! Our thoughts are for those out east in the path of Fiona, thanks for those who have checked in, for your continued safety. For PEI, virtually the entire island without power. The Room is open, the coffee is fresh, tea water boiling and ready. C'mon by and join the conversation.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Mendalla

Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Kids in PEI report that most trees on their 18 acres are down ... no significant damage to buildings. They live in what used to be Montague ... right in the core!

Kids in Halifax area are baffled by the windfalls but also safe for the time being!
Good that your family is okay. You're in NB, right? How are things where you are?

Luce NDs

Good that your family is okay. You're in NB, right? How are things where you are?

I am in Fredericton, North side of city, opposite Seeler! We had nothing compared to southeast regions of NB, PEI and NS. Those folk are in a bad way ...

Both our girls and families live on heavily treed properties that have been flattened ...

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
I'm glad to hear reports from the east coast. I have family and friends there so am glad to hear about Halifax in particular. Any news on Saint John, NB?

The west coast is a much quieter coast and blessedly mundane today.
Stay safe eastern friends

Northwind

Reports on CBC Gem from Port Aux Basque having an entire road swept into the ocean including an apartment building. They had evacuated at night, so hopefully no lives were lost

I've seen the footage on that. It's quite alarming. I lived in Port Aux Basques in the 80's.

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
If you are on fb - Instant Weather has sites for each Maritime province that keeps track of warnings etc & where people do post photos. I was also noticing that last night CBC was noting they have a site that is CBC lite - so it is text only & uses much less data & energy charge when viewing.

Northwind

I've seen photos of Port Aux Basques, NL. It's sad to see. I lived and worked there for almost a year in the 80's.

Redbaron

Pirate fan since the dark ages
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Good morning! For those friends, family members and others in the aftermath of Fiona, we hope for safety and recovery. For these and other things on our minds, the coffee cart is ready to host your conversations. Help yourself to a cup of the hot beverage of your choice and join us.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Pronouns
She/Her/Her
Excellent news. We haven't heard from @revjohn yet, nor have I seen him on FB.

Seeler, it is so lovely to see you posting a bit. You are so much a heart of our community, and your contributions have been missed. Just "we're okay" is good.