Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It's been a slow day here - as we both continue to recover from an episode of COVID, acquired while on vacation :rolleyes:. Grateful to have A/C, as it's been stiflingly hot. I have concern for all those who do not.

I dusted off my crochet skills & have been creating a fruit/veggie basket for my friend to use in her little travel trailer. Using T-shirt yarn which is new to me. Took me a few tries to find the right size hook and get the gauge to settle so it didn't twist up. Not a perfect product, but pretty good, so I'm happy.

As I worked on it this afternoon, I listened to the installation of our new UC Moderator - lots to think about and appreciate in that service. Did anyone else watch it? And this evening we got in two more episodes of season two Only Murders in the Building - lots of fun in the twisty plot.

The rain they were forecasting (and which we really need) seems to have disappeared. Fingers crossed for some tomorrow.

It's been a slow day here - as we both continue to recover from an episode of COVID, acquired while on vacation :rolleyes:. Grateful to have A/C, as it's been stiflingly hot. I have concern for all those who do not.

I dusted off my crochet skills & have been creating a fruit/veggie basket for my friend to use in her little travel trailer. Using T-shirt yarn which is new to me. Took me a few tries to find the right size hook and get the gauge to settle so it didn't twist up. Not a perfect product, but pretty good, so I'm happy.

As I worked on it this afternoon, I listened to the installation of our new UC Moderator - lots to think about and appreciate in that service. Did anyone else watch it? And this evening we got in two more episodes of season two Only Murders in the Building - lots of fun in the twisty plot.

The rain they were forecasting (and which we really need) seems to have disappeared. Fingers crossed for some tomorrow.
Hope you're feeling fairly good, considering!

Good morning! For conversations about age and heat, garlic and dinner, life weariness and energizing moments, the coffee cart is operating, and ready to host your discussions. All is ready, come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

I *am* 50, and I still think I'm 25. My eyes and joints argue against me, but I don't listen to those jerks.

Do you have knee jerks and similar spasms too? These have plagued my whole life (holistic?) especially when around the unlearned and obstinate about knowledge ... a fixed condition or set way about belief going only in one vector ... towards winners ... who then fail because of deficiencies of unknown quality!

At certain periods the stick is bought out for a beating ... and one then knows the impossible ... it all goes in a flash ... said to be a mental diversion for an instant break ... has great impact on everything ... the extraction allowing entre to alternate schemes and what some call conspiracies of the unknown that soon become obvious as a screaming fresh soul ... the carrier may express some vows ... something to read into! E' lip seize is like parental encompassment ... parenthesis? Always a sharp ego as alternate too ... like the mythical Whetico! The latter is not well understood as it is an unstudied evil ... thus its reason for being is least controlled ... sort of like total free will without guides ... fishing with an alter stick? Ferrules ensued ... as wee loops ... the spiritual line this heads to the pool and out of the bushes ... few really relate to what's below the surface of a metaphor ... initialed by parables ... pair an*them ... dice work ... God Games?

We have gotten over an inch since yesterday afternoon of rain and one to two more inches expected today and tomorrow. It is much needed as the soul has been very dry here.

We are having the last day of three with daily heat warning. It is 32 felling like 43 degrees. I got up early to do some work outdoors ( levelling an area to move a deck there) before it got too hot at 10 am.
Tomorrow, I am starting a new position with more educational and organizing skills needed- away from inpatients. I have been training my replacement the last two weeks and he will be good.
I am hoping for a less stressful area of work from now on.
Sitting with the cat in her catio, for which I got myself a rocking chair.
On Thursday, the landlord took a tour of some of the remaining units next to me, telling my 92 yr old neighbours he will sell thier place to someone who will rent out to them- yeah, right. Unfortunately, they are believing him and think they have time.
When he went to the other neighbour across the street, who has to be out by the end of the month, he asked if he has found a place. “ Not yet”, the neighbour said. “ Too bad”, the landlord said.
Rentals are getting very challenging all over it seems. A grand, partner and two preschoolers have to get out of their unit by the end of the month. It is being sold to a developer who will likely slap on a bit of paint and jack up the rent for the next residents. So far they haven't found anything to move to. They could move in with his parents but that is a long way from his job and day care..

Zach was pretty sick on Saturday. We had friends over and he immediately got sick. It was a bit awkward. Now that they are gone he is better. They have two little girls he likes to play with, so this was not his idea.

You can not swab that kid without a battle or general anesthetic, so we don't know if it was covid, but it presented like a gastro illness, not respiratory.

Jenn and I seem to have escaped it, but the week is still young.

Still here and listening. Enjoying a cup of coffee and hoping that the wild blueberries will soon be ready.
So sorry that I wasn't around to celebrate Seeler's visiting. Glad to hear that you have been reading along.

I am thankful to hear that @Carolla and partner are recovering from COVID. My sister has it now as well and says that hers is like a really bad cold. She is fully vaccinated, topped up with boosters. I am reminded that it is good that she has been able to be sick and recover at home, as compared to deathly ill and in hospital.

@Mrs.Anteater - congratulations on your new position

Thanks ChemGal. I'm feeling about 85% - just a bit tired. Mate still sounds like he has a bad cold - after 2 weeks :-( But his other symptoms are improving. So yes - I think the 4 shots helped us escape the worst of this. :)
I've still got a cough for sure but it is very intermittent now. I am finding I tire a bit earlier and more quickly than I used to so might have a bit of that going on, too. Generally okay, though. Now at 3 weeks post symptoms and positive test.

First day today and it was steady but not crazy busy. Of course, I still haven’t gotten the computer access I need, so need to ask others to look things up. Had to improvise a presentation I had to hold in the afternoon and only had listened to once ( but it was all information I was very familiar with). I have done this kind of pre surgical education 20 years ago for a while, now we are doing it over telehealth to several other sites in NS at the same time.

Yes - this strain of COVID seems to have symptoms of just about anything & everything, so it's really challenging to know unless you test - and even then, I think lots of false negs. Gastro, very sore throat, cough, myalgia, headache, fatigue, rash - some or one? I had gastro too last week - was pretty sure it was the spicy salmon dish which I enjoyed for dinner, and then perhaps foolishly had the leftovers for lunch the next day! But it was SO tasty - especially with the mango salsa.

Oh my - Seeler dropped in? I'm so sorry to have missed that visit - she's been on my mind a lot lately. Seeler - if you're reading along - sending blessings.

Back