Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Our neighbourhood has a number of catios, some large and elaborate, they tend to be focal points for those walking by too.

Urrg, the wind has blown open my door last night and the indoor cat got out. Thankfully, that Temptation ad is really true and shaking the treats into her fidget puzzle and calling got her back in. But- a taste of the great freedom and she annoyed me all night, literally, with complaining sounds and walking over me until 3 am.
Back home from work and she is starting all over….
It’s not going to happen, kitty.
Cat has settled down after going out into the catio for a little bit. So hopefully I will get better sleep tonight. With two beaten pit bulls directly next to me behind a “ fence” they could easily walk through, outside exploration is not an option.

Good morning! As we ponder the odd behavior of cats, and other matters of import, let us gather round the coffee cart, for your virtual hot beverage needs. All is ready.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Greetings. Today is a lazy day after a few busier days. I'm knitting and making for a craft show the park is having in a few weeks. It gives me an excuse to watch Netflix.

We went on a nice hike yesterday. It was the first day in a while that it didn't rain. (Photo quality not great after being compressed. You get the idea)
20211027_105415.jpg

Dog had a BLAST

20211027_114401.jpg

We had a great lunch at the best pub in the area

FB_IMG_1635376486695.jpg

And now it seems 'official' - winter is coming! The deck furniture is put away and the bird feeders have been hung & filled marking the change of season here. It took a mere smidge of time before the birds were eagerly exploring the freshly prepared buffet! They are so entertaining to watch.

P.S. - great photos as always Northwind!! The mosaic (tile or glass?) 'hearth mat' is quite unique. And have you been to Noodlebox in Nanaimo? I saw a bit on TV the other night (Postcards from Vancouver Island was the programme name) that visited some of the 39 locations on the Nanaimo Bar Trail map - Noodlebox had a Nanaimo Bar filled fried spring roll with some interesting savoury sauce :oops:

The first pic looks a bit psychedelic.

It does doesn't it. I took these pictures with my phone so apparently don't shrink as well as the DSL camera photos do.

Looks like a fun day. And a dirty dog is ALWAYS a happy dog.

She hadn't had any good tearing around runs for a little while because of the rain. She sure burned off a lot of steam yesterday. She was tearing around like a mad woman with a great big smile on her face. She had a fabulous time.

The third pic looks a bit magical

This pub is amazing. I like going when the fireplaces are lit. They add to the ambiance. This pub is modelled after a pub in England.

My dog, Lucy, turns 11 on Saturday. My cat, Atwood, is almost exactly the same age. Senior critters, although given how many cats I've had live into their late teens/twenties, not so senior a kitty. And the dog is a mutt, albeit a mid-sized one, so we've probably got a few more years of companionship. She slips on the hardwood floors a bit more often these days, which concerns me. Hardwood easier to clean, rugs easier to get traction on.

Good morning! As we discuss happy dirty digs and he longevity of fur companions, cozy pubs and the coming of winter, let us relax around the coffee cart, and enjoy the conversation and community. As well as hot beverages.

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)

All hail the unknown ... and watch out for it as a grand concern! You may even light a candle for it as the concern may be dark and unknown!

Thursday next forecast for my area:

1635513263350.png
As they said in a now-defunct TV series, "Winter is coming".

And it is basically grey and shower-y for most of the time in between. Lovely.

Oh well, I have a day off again. Doing a bit of WC2 work (the pronouns), writing, watch some TV, read, who knows. Had hoped to do some yard stuff and clean the garage but looks a bit too wet for that today. Perhaps on the weekend.

Drinking Kenya Tinderet today. Nice breakfast-y tea. Quite smooth, mild flavour. It's from David's.

Recently someone mentioned our dog's energy burst capacity. We had to think to answer their question about his age. Looks like he is 17. I think animals have figured out the best life styles. He rests in his comfy spot when there is nothing much going on, and jumps up in high alert as soon as there is something interesting to participate in. Favourite activity is racing about in the forest.

Today the sky is an odd shade of blue. Is that safe? I mean, it's a pretty blue. It's just odd after all the grey. :unsure: :cool:

Good morning, all! Happy Saturday! As we deal with the maskless and mindless ones among us, as we "look forward" to the coming of winter, let us be ready for Halloween weekend, fortified with hot, caffeinated beverages. All is ready, enjoy.

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)

I'm a little slow in the uptake of certain conversations, but here is my cat story. Two nights ago I kept dreaming about cats, and was quite perplexed about what to name all of the cats in my dream. We are currently pet-less and my husband does NOT ever want a cat. I love all animals. But anyway....Yesterday morning, I looked into my backyard to spy a cat (never seen before) wandering, and then crouching, and then pouncing, when it saw our resident chipmunk. I was absolutely sick, thinking it had caught and eaten the poor but friendly little chipmunk. Then the cat disappeared under our fence. Today....while hanging out laundry, I saw that lovely little chipmunk running along the fence. So...cats and chipmunks outside; husband inside. I guess that's the way it will stay for awhile!

If you befriend chipmunks by feeding them they will get tamer and tamer. Eventually they will make a big nuisance of themselves. It's better to not even start.

Leave nature alone, I say. Even feeding the birds is getting controversial. One problem with birds is they are both fussy and messy when it comes to bird feeders. The seed they leave on the ground will attract a variety of critters ....

Back