Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Our neighborhood has aged since we arrived. In fact., it might be starting to turn around again. Three girls across the street and a few others meeting the school bus at the stop near me.

This street is also THE street to be on for Halloween. My street gets less than 100 kids. This street consistently gets over 1000 kids. Last few years house counters were above 2000. I don't think anyone is handing out candy there after 7:30, so I would say easily 3000 kids if you count people going by later and the kids who walk down it that night but don't actually trick or treat there to skip the door lineups.
The lake hands out candy apples, so some people will grab the apple, go for the walk, grab the hot chocolate offered by the neighbourhood business network (although they aren't participating due to COVID) to start off the night and then trick or treat quieter areas.

We also have the hearse society who does a neighbourhood drive through and then stops on that steet - all dressed up as zombie and other undead.

The fire department also sets up there.

I thought I remembered some people here said their flu shot this year was a bit more reaction than normal?
I got mine yesterday, and for the first time- nothing. Not a bit. No sore arm, not even at the point of injection. Did they give me saline? Is my immun system not working? Or is it saying- we dealt with the covid shot, we kill you on the spot, you have no chance.

Haven't had mine yet, but thx to reminders from here, it's on my to-do list, just behind eavestroughs and the last bit of front porch furniture...

I usually get less than ten kids. This year again, I got dolorama pencils with animal shaped erasers on one end and added some mini chocolate bars to them, stuck them in a styrofoam block and pit a sign on “please touch only the one you take”. Will leave it on a table outside. Ok, they will miss the ohh and ahhs for their costumes. But we are still in a pandemic and its also in schools. It has to suffice.

I thought I remembered some people here said their flu shot this year was a bit more reaction than normal?
I got mine yesterday, and for the first time- nothing. Not a bit. No sore arm, not even at the point of injection. Did they give me saline? Is my immun system not working? Or is it saying- we dealt with the covid shot, we kill you on the spot, you have no chance.
Chemguy forgot all about it, I think his arm may have been a tiny bit sore if someone pressed directly on the spot.

I usually get less than ten kids. This year again, I got dolorama pencils with animal shaped erasers on one end and added some mini chocolate bars to them, stuck them in a styrofoam block and pit a sign on “please touch only the one you take”. Will leave it on a table outside. Ok, they will miss the ohh and ahhs for their costumes. But we are still in a pandemic and its also in schools. It has to suffice.
I decided to set up a table outside where I will lay out multiple squares I will be out there most of the time, most kids are good but the dump all of them kids is still often enough. I'm hoping I can refill the table easily enough, will see they do come in groups.

It was a sunny day here today and this park was a popular spot to be.
IMG_20211030_214137_395.jpg

IMG_20211030_214137_289.jpg

With good reason. :)

I get my flu shot on Monday.

Good morning! Feeding wild animals and trick-or-treaters, adorable pets, flu shots, ladders and eavestroughs, quite a conversation going on in here yesterday! Anyway, Happy Halloween, the cart is ready, and I have some delicious candy corn, if anyone wants some. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Good morning, Red. Thanks for the coffee. Rainy Halloween forecasted for NS.
I just started a thread about pets in “Relationships”

I felt a bit crappy the day after, which is not usual with flu shots for me, but I also have off days at other times so cannot definitively pin it on the shot.

Good morning. It's -2 and sunny here today. The trailer didn't get washed yesterday. They are now coming today to wash it. All physical evidence of our off road adventures in northern Saskatchewan will be gone by the end of the day. The memories though will last.

There's definitely parts of the world where Hallowe'en and decorating for it, is much more important than in my city.
There are some decorated houses here but I haven't actually gone looking. Our house isn't in a popular area and we usually only get a few kids. I hand out toonies so I'm saved the shopping and eating of leftovers!

Cheese-y indeed. My baby sister was forced into the purchase of a car yesterday, due to the sudden death of hers. I think she paid a bit too much, but on the pleasant side, it is silver, the easiest colour to keep looking clean. And it's a manual transmission, a rarer find today.

Back