Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I hope we're all as careful as we're able to be, under the circumstances. Virtual hugs to everyone. Sure wish I could have a real one, although the cat tries. I meditate in the early morning while my neighbour friend takes Lucy for a walk; Atwood positions herself somewhere nearby while I do so; some mornings, I must shift a very large heavy (purring) cat off my stomach in order to retrieve Lucy at the door. "Coming Jim, Atwood is on top of me" is a familiar cry!

We have a case at the Elementary school. Total of six new cases in the immediate area. Premier is in solitary too but that doesn't concern me nearly as much. Still got plenty of deniers wandering around and spouting garbage online. We both have mild cold like symptoms and tiredness today - sure hoping it is JUST colds!

Agreed. One of the young men's mother has been diagnosed, so, caution is recommended, in case he was infected and then shared. Thinking of the families who are experiencing it. Knowing it is closer to home now in many areas.
My dtr mentioned today that she will be managing the bookstore for the next two weeks - the owner's son tested positive & so the family is necessarily self-isolating.

@Pinga - where is your son quarantining? On a base or at home?

We have a case at the Elementary school. Total of six new cases in the immediate area. Premier is in solitary too but that doesn't concern me nearly as much. Still got plenty of deniers wandering around and spouting garbage online. We both have mild cold like symptoms and tiredness today - sure hoping it is JUST colds!
In this area there's 522.
It's around 0.5% of the population who has COVID right now. Way too high IMO.

Last edited:
Good morning, all! As we gather around the cart today, let us give thought to those who have been infected, or might have been; who are isolating, those involved in health care who are becoming overwhelmed.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

I'm not infected but some have suggested considerably defected, or defective compared to what appears normal ... but may not be!

Can you imagine in this insane world that occupants would believe they are normal?

I was once told by a psychiatrist managing a mental center that living there for more than 7 years was detrimental to the norm!

Off to do my last bit of exercise for the day...stationary bike while I read. With my bum hip, I go very slowly, but the physio therapist is praising me for keeping as mobile as possible. Surgery in January...She says my recovery will be better if I keep moving. So...goodnight everyone!

Red sky at night, sailors delight.
Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning!

7:30 AM Atlantic time – to the east and southeast, the sky is red - over my neighbour's house, where the sun will rise, it is most intense, gradually fading out to the south. With strong winds yesterday, and the temperature dropping to minus 7° I don't need to check the computer to know that will let us know before noon.
Today will be a nasty day – and tomorrow a dirty day as the temperature warms and the snow melts to slush. But it shouldn't matter to me, with the Covid numbers going up in this province, we shouldn't be out and about much anyway.

Caught the classic movie about Ann Frank's diary recently. Eight people living in a small attic space for several years with very little contact with the outside except for a Dutch couple who brought them food and news. They managed; surely we can manage through this coming winter. But I don't look forward to it.

My contribution to today's virtual break: gumdrop cake. In joy, pass it around. Enjoy!

Good morning! The coffee cart is ready, thanks, Seeler, for the gumdrop cake. As we prepare to dig in for winter, may we remember sometimes we have to dig out instead.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

And a well red sky is good for a far out myth about the bloody weather that's coming.

Some still don't believe despite the signs ... you can say it any way you will ... but there will still be unbelievers ... and they will not be silent as my friend! It is a wee believer that observes all the small icons ...

And a well red sky is good for a far out myth about the bloody weather that's coming.

Some still don't believe despite the signs ... you can say it any way you will ... but there will still be unbelievers ... and they will not be silent as my friend! It is a wee believer that observes all the small icons ...
I'm not a naysayer.

Gumdrop cake! Perfect with my coffee today.

So the "New to You" Holiday sale at our church was going to be the event of the Season (for me at least). It was postponed to my profound annoyance, but I'm also grateful that safety prevailed. Must have caused a collective sigh.
Not such a hard choice with the rising numbers.

Last edited:
Thank you Seeler! And so nice to hear from you. I LOVE gumdrop loaf - my mother used to make it every Xmas.

It's gray, damp, rain is coming today. A friend was coming today after work for an outdoor tea visit on my porch, but we've postponed. I've got some sourdough bread in the works - I will make it today, it will rest overnight in the fridge & then bake it tomorrow morning. I'll tune in to my online exercise class at 10:30. Do a bit of tidying up. Switch out the filing cabinet in the computer room. Maybe finish sewing some masks. Maybe wrap & pack stocking stuffers for my dtr's Xmas stocking - want to get that in the mail extra early this year, accompanied by the sweater I recently completed. Nothing big, but it will fill the day. Stay well friends!

Weather is like the human psyche ... with plenty of ups/down, left/right and back/forth in the forbodden Dan's in the flamers ...

Play with the overly enthusiastic and you could get burned ... look what the Romans did to ancient excitable myths ... left a pall over Rome that gives us a sense of cloud even today ...

One must plough on through the smoke ... even altering the sword to other points of use ... de Pen? The captivity of a myth ... at the dense core discovered by Lord Rutherford to be nuclei ... they may travel a protons ... albeit affiliated by times with neutrons ... penetrating?

Tus shadowy blasts as Big Bangs in the Dark ... thumps may awaken even those disinterested in copyst and reproduction of metaphors in a dualistic domain ... as the truth is disdained by certain powers! (Lord Acton as alternate to Rutherford)

I love how you plan your day Carolla. Thanks for the cake @Seeler . Sorry about the sale, @ninj . Great work on keeping active @Nancy . Always good to see you everyone else.

@Redbaron and crew, hope you don't mind, but, i am taking the coffee machine out of service for about an hour to give it a good decalcification and cleaning. Been a bit, and the coffee will brew faster and taste better when done. Thanks for all that you do making coffee, it is only fair that we help with the cleanup.

I'm still quarantining myself due to this cold, being quite cautious, as though it is just a cold, i am aware that people who might catch it, may freak out, and also drive up tests which are needed for covid, so.....have been staying home. Now, with my son's quarantine, we will be home a bit longer, that is all good.

Imagine light B*romon Asian as sterilizing agency!

Lay something out in the sun for a period of time and they will be free of minor bugs ... of the bacilli strains ... demos efforts!

Sometimes, quarantining can have positive effects. My friend , who has been driving into Halifax for Christmas for the last decades to organize and cook for two Christmas dinners each for her father’s and then her mother’s dysfunctional family, is now looking forward to no longer being allowed to do so ( she has regular medical treatments and they do not want you to have been in a hotspot, which Halifax presently is).
We have been talking about dropping off presents on driveways, if need be, as numbers in NS are climbing.

Two physicians were joking today about going together on a pub crawl in Halifax to get some time off, as there is now a list of 30+ locations that have been traced, some of them healthcare workers are not allowed back to work for 14 days if they have been there at that time and day. But of course, they were joking, and most people I heard are significantly changing their behaviour and getting prepared for a potential lockdown.

Back