Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I'm glad you're not giving up because of short rows. They are kind of cool on one hand because they shape the item. There are good instructional videos on YouTube and some good written directions out there. Good luck.
I do admit to having a bit of momentary panic as I was reading and re-reading the pattern and encountered the WT abbreviation!! I think I will practice some before I take that on. I did get my gauge swatches done - still have to count stitches & rows today :). I will post photos of those in the knitting thread so I can keep better track of them.

It is safer, there's no doubt. A whistling kettle isn't much good when you're out in the garden...I have ruined a couple over the years.

It is safer, there's no doubt. A whistling kettle isn't much good when you're out in the garden...I have ruined a couple over the years.
I've ruined an electric one because the top wasn't snapped shut, once the steam got going it blew it open and didn't trigger the switch to turn off.

For having the tea ready to go, I've been known to call and request it, especially on really cold days when I've had to be out.

No kettles were left unattended or ruined in the production of this morning's teas. Nor has any coffee maker been stretched beyond its capacities. Yet miraculously both are available at the cart. Help yourself!

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Was anybody watching the meteorites last night? It was nice and warm and no bugs here. I figured out the best way to look at the stars is in a hammock. Stayed awake for an extra hour , but I think the most would have been earlier in the morning. Last year I happened to wake up at 2 am and at that time there were more than I saw last night.

I missed the meteorites, but sounds like a good sight. Alas, I lack a hammock to take advantage of. However, those who saw them can share the experience over tea and coffee. The cart is ready, come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Space rocks keep falling on my head... (come on, you know the tune)

Tea, please.

Had my first in person meeting yesterday since the day they announced work from home in March. 5 people in a room that can easily take 50. Yes, we were social distancing quite handily. And saw an old co-worker for the first time in a year. She's a 30 year or so veteran of the company who retired but recently came back part-time to help out. The ministry's handling of oxygen and medical equipment funding during COVID has been chaotic, to say the least, making for a heavy workload in AR.

Ahhh - the Perseids meteor shower. It often would happen on the weekend we would stay at a friend's cottage in order to visit the kids at summer camp. So that meant we could go lie on the dock & watch for the amazing shooting stars - if we could stay awake! Hammock sounds much more comfortable Mrs.A. Alas there is so much city light in my sky at home that we see so many fewer stars. That's one thing I really miss.

Ahhh - the Perseids meteor shower. It often would happen on the weekend we would stay at a friend's cottage in order to visit the kids at summer camp.

Yeah, that's where we used to see them. Even Kitchener in the seventies and eighties was generally too bright unless you went to the outskirts but up North on the lake? Oh yeah, perfect viewing. Got Northern Lights there sometimes, too.

Watching meteorites is out ... for I cannot stay awake that late ... I am permanently into morning ... sometimes I lay there watching shadows recede!

Thus the rumour of backing off to see your's ELF! It is a cranked state of odd dimensions ... abstractly deficient ...

Have never seen Northern Lights. Sad. Have always lived in a light-polluted place, and my rare 'camping' adventures have never put me in right place/time for the Lights. I do remember watching a lunar eclipse with my Dad and Godfather as a child.

I've never seen the Northern Lights either, though they sound awesome.
The coffee cart is ready for your hot beverage needs. We may not see the Lights from the sofas here, but we can still share awsome memories and stories here.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Back