Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

We have sunshine and a cool breeze blowing in the window now ... but it does feel humid & I think we have showers or storms later in the day.

We were also remarking on the quiet this morning - birds singing and no real traffic yet. But we do live near the LCBO and at 7:30am today there was a poor truck driver making a 47-point turn to back in to the unloading area - it happens often and repeatedly. It's a small but very busy store with limited storage - hence many deliveries. They seem to be sending huge trailers now - so difficult to manouever them on a residential street, cars often parked at the curb ... I am amazed a the skill of these drivers.

Likely just a bunch of day trips, really. Maybe a farmers' market or 2, go see my spouse in London, Hall of Fame in St Mary's. Might still escape for a day or 2 and do some of that, but visitation at Parkwood is rather controlled right now

visitation at Parkwood is rather controlled right now

I think our RTs and delivery reps who go to longterm care have to be tested every two weeks now (which makes Ontario's testing numbers a bit of a joke right now if you deduct all the healthcare people who get them regularly for work).

so, i have not completed a task for my contract that i do wish to complete, but, oh, it is dry and long, and requires tons of filtering, thinking, and laying out on paper. It has multiple "go throughs", ie do initial pass, then, add another layer, look for duplication, or inconsistencies, add another layer, get clarification, add another layer.
For those that have an idea of what i do, it is taking all the requirements (business functional, security, non-functional, legal and compliance), showing how they are met within the tool (process, people, technology), and then developing the use cases, test cases, and ensuring complete coverage through a requirement traceability matrix. to give an idea, requirements number in the 100's.
In some places this is easy, as they simply say refer to NIST, and so, you know you are working with a well laid out set of controls. In other areas, not so much, they may have to comply with many many different control standards, plus throw their own on top which may or may not duplicate them.

so.....thank-you wondercafe. For being a nice play to "come up for air" today.

so, i have not completed a task for my contract that i do wish to complete, but, oh, it is dry and long, and requires tons of filtering, thinking, and laying out on paper. It has multiple "go throughs", ie do initial pass, then, add another layer, look for duplication, or inconsistencies, add another layer, get clarification, add another layer.
For those that have an idea of what i do, it is taking all the requirements (business functional, security, non-functional, legal and compliance), showing how they are met within the tool (process, people, technology), and then developing the use cases, test cases, and ensuring complete coverage through a requirement traceability matrix. to give an idea, requirements number in the 100's.
In some places this is easy, as they simply say refer to NIST, and so, you know you are working with a well laid out set of controls. In other areas, not so much, they may have to comply with many many different control standards, plus throw their own on top which may or may not duplicate them.

so.....thank-you wondercafe. For being a nice play to "come up for air" today.

Oh God, spec'ing some of the projects at work is bad enough. I can't imagine one requiring that kind of detail. The enterprise architect at our parent gets into this kind of thing. He's been using NIST, I know because we did some preliminary work on a NIST framework analysis of security for my operating company. The COVID intervened and we've only discussed it once since.

I spent a month going through NIST last contract, line by line, articulating the relationship of the control to the application, both as a service provider of a security tool, and as a tool that had to comply, plus listing all the gaps. Think it ended up being about 150 pages. Started as a spreadsheet, then turned to document for ease of reading by others.

@Pinga, sounds like a job to assign to a Virgo, lol. All the Virgos I know would LOVE that part of the job.

I am so hating the effects of this pandemic on those in care homes of any sort, or even the elderly who are at home, but who are quarantined for safety. I saw an old dear friend of mine from church today. Ernestine is well into her 90s and last time I saw her in person at church was probably Christmas Eve. I knew she was struggling with some level of dementia, but she was still carefully and nicely dressed, and more or less competent - smiling and laughing with her friends. And I didn't expect to see her again until Spring; she really struggles with mobility in the winter. In fact, very first church service we put on youtube, back in March, granddaughter (whose name escapes me) put a comment on FB about how many times she'd watched the service that week! Well, I saw her today; she has gone so downhill since she's been isolated from outside interaction; she was with her granddaughter, and I tried to have conversation with her, but she was sort of unkempt, not wearing a bra, her eyes were not very focussed, she clearly didn't recognize me. I commiserated with granddaughter, with whom she lives, who was almost crying about how much her gran's dementia seems to have been exacerbated by her lack of socialization.

Ernestine was a costume designer and tailor her entire life. That part of her that seemed so "her" seems gone. Hard.

There ya go. Different classification system. It's interesting how well some Myers-Briggs types correspond with the zodiac signs. And not how well, lol. I'm just thinking of a sister and a long time co-worker, both Virgos, who would LOVE that sort of job. Precise documentation was their 'thing', coupled with super-precise social skills.

Actually, I'm not at all sure about Pinga's mb profile. Don't seem that traditionalist.

Good morning all! Let us bring in Briggs and Myers to the cart, and converse with them and each other, over tea and coffee. Anyone bring cinnamon buns?

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Can someone translate this?

I basically know what it means but Myers-Briggs isn't really my thing so I'll let someone more versed in it translate. I can't ever remember my MB type now and I never did the full M-B, just the Kiersey Temperament Sorter or whatever it's called.

Back