Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good morning or afternoon as the case may be. We had a nice day yesterday that included a walk at Mount Washington, then lunch and a visit to a farmer's market. We ended the outing with ice cream cones. It was a great day. Today is cooler and more laid back.

IMG_20200818_172814_833.jpg

Thanks for the coffee Red! We went on a small excursion today - off to a place that specializes in selling seeds (William Dam Seeds - gardeners you might want to check them out!) as I want to put some into my school garden - a few things that are quick to mature (within the 40 - 45 day range) & will manage the cooler weather until frost comes. So fingers crossed for a nice fall! I also got some salad greens seeds - we are going to try to grow some inside under lights this winter - we'll see what happens!

Then we went off to another garden centre (Northland) near there which I had never visited. Wow! Lots of great stock & pretty great pricing!! They have quite a lot of plants, shrubs & trees native to this area too, which interest me. So I came home with a little shrub, and a "white feather" hosta which seems pretty unique!! Lovely sunny warm day to be out and about. And we got fresh corn on the way home ... yummy supper awaits.

@Carolla - I think that i remember my dad buying from William Dam Seeds. neat.
You've likely seen the photos of the rows of plants that i have purchased -- they are from Northlands. At that price, I can afford to take a risk with bushes, etc. The prices are fabulous.

Good luck with your plants and your seeds.

@Carolla - I think that i remember my dad buying from William Dam Seeds. neat.
You've likely seen the photos of the rows of plants that i have purchased -- they are from Northlands. At that price, I can afford to take a risk with bushes, etc. The prices are fabulous.

Good luck with your plants and your seeds.
Yes I saw all your purchases Pinga :) I was AMAZED at the price of the plants at Northlands! I was puzzled that I didn't see any prices on the plants as I was browsing, but figured 2 wouldn't break the bank. I was expecting may $30 or thereabouts. When it turned out they were $6.99 EACH - wow!! Such a huge place, and all the stock was in excellent condition! I will be going back with my gardening pal in tow!

William Dam was fun - I particularly wanted to see their display gardens - because I'm usually there in Feb or early March. when snow is usually still blanketing the fields. SO many beautiful flowers - all marked. Now I'm thinking about where I can tuck in more colourful blooms started from seed next spring!

Yes, we have found that the plants there do really well. Of course, like any plant, it is susceptible to conditions of soil and watering, but, hey, overall they have done really well. My brother-in-law turned me on to them, and I have turned our mutual break-making friend on to them.

I have heard that used coffee grounds are good for plants. (can't speak for tea leaves, though). The coffee is ready (as is tea water). Come help yourself to the used grounds, and a mug or cup of something warm.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

I have heard that used coffee grounds are good for plants. (can't speak for tea leaves, though). The coffee is ready (as is tea water). Come help yourself to the used grounds, and a mug or cup of something warm.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/
Thanks for the coffee this morning, redbaron.

Thinking of our friends in BC facing fires

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Are virtual coffee grounds essential? And old neighbour, long past, used tea leaves and coffee grounds on her rose garden ... said to raise excellent rosee ...

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/
Actually, there is a lot on this on the internet and opposing information, some say that it is really bad.

Yes, this is rather late for me to be on. In fact, I am usually asleep by now. However, Mrs. M decided to celebrate our anniversary (tomorrow) by wiping out on her bike. Just waiting for a call from the ER to come get her. Dislocated shoulder

Ouch. Not a way to celebrate an anniversary. Hope her recovery is smooth and as speedy as possible.
Well, as Sheldon Cooper has taught us, when someone is in distress, one should offer a hot beverage. The coffee cart is up and running, for those who simply need a place to chat, and for those who find a warm beverage helpful. Come and get it.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_] :coffee:

I'm enjoying the coffee.

Ouch, @Mendalla . That sounds painful. Hope things improved through the night

Ps. Happy anniversary even if it isn't as expected

Ours started out with the other half (demiurge) getting problems with an old leg injury ... from falling tombstones capturing her leg and foot ... thus grounding celebrants for the fall of the 52nd!

Tis a painful memory ... a disadvantage of working about heavy stones ... happened on Oct 31, 2008, in the cemetery at out gathering place ... thus raising mystical suspicions by Emerg People that it was a hoax or other agenda ... took 3 times the normal response period!

My actions (contrary to first responders) possibly saved her losing a leg ... gives me a lift or a leg up in the drama!

Good morning all. Slept in on the final weekend in what, in a normal year, would have been my vacay. Anyway the coffee cart is functional. I'm still waiting for the caffeine to kick in...

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Back