Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Oh my - seems like longer than 3.5 weeks - to me! Glad your recovery is going so well.

I'm thankful it's going well. My surgery was October 17. I'm enjoying this time before radiation. I'm tentatively scheduled for radiation starting December 9.

Hematologist is now involved, while he is in town. He won't be able to do the follow up due to being gone but he has spoken to my internist and my internist will be included.
He has ordered a full body PET/CT for me and it's being done this week. Liver biopsy will also be done at the U of A and he has spoken to someone there so that has been made urgent by someone with a fair bit of clout. He's not sure if the person he spoke to will actually do the biopsy, but I expect to hear back about that soon.
He is less convinced of cancer being the most likely reason for all of this.

I feel relieved -and can only imagine how you must feel now that the medical folks are paying attention to their jobs! Wishing you good news from the testing.

I feel relieved -and can only imagine how you must feel now that the medical folks are paying attention to their jobs! Wishing you good news from the testing.
I will say that my GP has been doing a good job too in doing what she could. She's doesn't have the pull to get things urgently done, she can just mark things as urgent. And then knowing what specifically to do - the problem is one almost needs an oncologist ASAP to get the right tests, she was at least consulting with the cross cancer institute.
I did get a message from her saying that my xrays from Friday are clear. I don't think that means much, but no obvious lung cancer.
Breast ultrasound is also ok.

Excellent pictures! I see the beauty in the whole; you will also see it in the details that I might miss.
We have a similar (but much smaller) footbridge across a river here in New Brunswick. It's not near my home, or well-known (not developed as a tourist attraction as it could be), and I haven't visited is often. But I do remember that uncertain feeling when I first stepped on it and it moved under my feet. And the first, as someone may deliberately try to sway the bridge while I was near the centre looking way way down to the water below, I would hurry to the other side and shouted back to them not to fool around. A few crossings and I wasn't so nervous. I understand that years ago when the bridge was first installed, child1ren crossed it on their way to and from school.
I'm glad you're well enough to get out for your walks; and I look forward to when your treatments are over and you can say "I am in recovery". Seelergirl is now in her 10th year of recovery.

I look forward to when your treatments are over and you can say "I am in recovery". Seelergirl is now in her 10th year of recovery.

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been ten years. I hope I achieve that milestone.

Yes...It's a lot of white space! And I shovelled for an hour before that. And it's still

I am so thankful to be here. I do not miss the snow, especially at this time of year. Stay warm.

Seelergirl is now in her 10th year of recovery
I've notice some commercials on TV here lately (for Princess Margaret Hospital I think - local mega-centre for cancer care & research) where the person says "I used to have cancer" which I caught my attention. I more often hear people refer to 'being a survivior' or 'being in recovery' than saying 'that's what used to be' - and isn't now my situation. Anyway ... not to derail, just a thing that caught my attention & I've been pondering.

I don't feel I will ever be able to say I used to have cancer. Some doctors say that the person has no evidence of disease rather than saying they're cured. Cancer is insidious. Even when people have been told they are cured, they still live with the cancer hanging over their heads.

And realistically, Northwind, if you live to be 98, and I hope you will, I suspect you're a little more likely than someone who's never had cancer to die of cancer?

Back