Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! Dark and rainy here this morning, I have a feeling the 9:30 outdoor service just might not happen... anyway the coffee cart is ready, so help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_] :coffee:

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Oh no - it was SO dark & rainy here too this morning - and after a few downpours, the sky cleared & the sun came out for the rest of the day. Was your service cancelled Redbaron? How do you set things up when you do outdoor worship? Is it on the church property?

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Yes, fortunately the sun came out. Service was held in the parking lot in back of the church-- a large carport area, with roof overhang, room for the dozen or so people to sit, properly distanced and masked, where all could hear. CD player provided music; it went well. A LOT better than I expected when I forst look out the window early this morning!

Reaction score
Weird, I know the alerts sometimes have links so that one can bring up a picture, more details, etc.
Btw, it was a different person from the one you posted about. Similar story in the public announcement. Family worried, etc. Both were reported missing from around the area within a few days. It’s weird. But I guess there’s a better thread for that. Something seems odd. But I don’t have much else to say. I haven’t followed up on the other one.

Reaction score
It was 16 degrees today - felt like fall, not extended summer. Foggy, smoggy/ smokey, and cool outside. Tomorrow is, according to today’s prediction - supposed to be 19 degrees. That’s alright with me. Not hot, not cold.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! Time to rise and shine, like the little sunbeams we all are! The coffee cart is ready, to assist in that effort. (and yes, we acknowledge that some mornings it may be a bigger effort than others)

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_] Pumpkin spice is coming! take cover!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
No ... not ... the PUMPKIN SPICE!!!!!!

Free pumpkin spice chai to whoever knows where that clip is from.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
Good morning. *cough cough. It's smoky here again today. *cough cough. Maybe the coffee will settle the system.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Thriller?
We have a winner. One of my all-time favorite music videos (mostly for excellent use of the voice of the late, great Vincent Price).

It's smoky here again today.
Saw that there were air quality alerts out for parts of Western Canada due to smoke from South of the border. Unfortunately, there are some things CBSA can't stop at the border, eh. Take care and go easy. Don't want to tax yourself in air that bad.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Just what we need...another environmental stress to deal with. Crazy day.

We've had signs of their presence (a den and some scat) in the London area, too. The Eastern Cougar is native to this part of Ontario, we just thought they had been pushed out by European settlement a long time ago. However, the odd one still turns up. I think my neighbour once told me that they've had evidence of them on their farm near Wingham. Ditto bears. We just had one trapped in West London not long ago.

Lastpointe

Reaction score
Same up here in Collingwood. Cougars are terribly shy and so are seldom seen. That a person with a dog saw one in daylight is very unusual. Perhaps old or sick one

they watch for cougar skat to try and figure out how many are around. For a long time they were thought extinct in this part of Ontario

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score

Pinga

Room for All
Reaction score
If I'm quiet and just tiptoe around, I may not wake folks.
The air is cool this morning, so going to put a few logs on the fire. I wonder when @Seeler prepped it for us. She is always good at ensuring it is ready.
Fluff up some pillows, put a few dishes in the dishwater.

hmmm, wonder who started this puzzle, maybe i will just do a few pieces

Luce NDs

Reaction score
If I'm quiet and just tiptoe around, I may not wake folks.
The air is cool this morning, so going to put a few logs on the fire. I wonder when @Seeler prepped it for us. She is always good at ensuring it is ready.
Fluff up some pillows, put a few dishes in the dishwater.

hmmm, wonder who started this puzzle, maybe i will just do a few pieces
The initial enigma is still the grand unknown as respected in Hebrew mythology ... until Rome burned that myth and took on the god syndrome as something romantic! Such sentimentalism holds on in elusive areas on both sides of the lion ...

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I knew some cougars that are not so elusive ... brute old aunts that could be a bid in the house for taking control!

They too have passed and left heirsesses ... Eris the fact that can't be proven as emotions shift on meltdown ... this I know from observation of CBT behavioural therapy as ends are seen when reflecting in the pool beneath one ... a hind portion? Thus High'r Watha Fell ... a divide between Erie and Huron Nation? Ont*A*Rio where rivers dost go ... the myth is thus established and goes on as vapours by times!