Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning, world! Fire is nicely laid, and coffee cart is ready. Just watch out for cougars, be they real or imagined, 2 or 4 legged... Enjoy.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Good morning, world! Fire is nicely laid, and coffee cart is ready. Just watch out for cougars, be they real or imagined, 2 or 4 legged... Enjoy.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]
Thus the 2-4 time and the MS dress'T dances ...

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! The coffee cart awaits. Happy Wednesday and help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Wednesday is derived from "Woden's day", "Woden" being one and same person as "Odin", chief among the Norse/Germanic deities (I have also seen it as "Wotan" in Wagner's operas). So, time for some flagons of mead and wild feasting!

Or not.

Saw the dentist today for a much delayed annual checkup and regular cleaning. All is well. Discussed my gap with him and I have booked a consult with his dental surgeon partner about the feasibility of an implant (we can cover the cost, this is more about making sure it is actually a good idea health-wise).

Last edited:

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
Wednesday is derived from "Woden's day", "Woden" being one and same person as "Odin", chief among the Norse/Germanic deities (I have also seen it as "Wotan" in Wagner's operas). So, time for some flagons of mead and wild feasting!

Or not.

Saw the dentist today for a much delayed annual checkup and regular cleaning. All is well. Discussed my gap with him and I have booked a consult with his dental surgeon partner about the feasibility of an implant (we can cover the cost, this is more about making sure it is actually a good idea health-wise).
To the strains of the "Ride of the Valkyries" (or was that Freya)? Anyway, happy Woden'sday.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
To the strains of the "Ride of the Valkyries" (or was that Freya)? Anyway, happy Woden'sday.
Brunnhilde, Odin's daughter, was the Valkyrie (played by Tessa Thompson in the Thor movies, BTW). Freya was his wife. I was thinking the "Entrance into Valhalla" from Das Rheingold myself.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
Wow. I just had to share it. Here's your shot of Grandiosity for the day. What chore is it a good go with?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning, world! The sun is risen, let us greet the new morn with caffeine! Coffee and tea cart is ready for you. Enjoy, as we step away from the soundtrack for a few minutes.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Ah ... a noo day to lay out thy's kills ... and another thunk fell ... fallacy of ...

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
One of the maples right outside my window is bursting into flaming red. I swear it wasn't yesterday.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Maples and oaks in my back yard are red whereas they were brown in previous years ...

Lastpointe

Reaction score
We are deciding to stop alcohol use for a few weeks. Day one done! Makes me think I should skip caffeine too.

but maybe that’s too drastic. Lol

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Makes me think I should skip caffeine too.
The caffeine in tea and coffee affects me totally differently, and Wednesday, I unwittingly did something stupid. I haven't had two cups of coffee in a morning in years, except maybe the very odd time on weekends. Apparently, I can no longer tolerate that amount of coffee caffeine. I was as jumpy as a skinned cat all afternoon; it was horrible.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning, all! The coffee cart, by popular demand, now offers decaf. Enjoy the day. The weekend starts today.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
So some guys just planted two trees in front of the house across from me. Could be on the city's allocation (there's no sidewalk on that side of the street but I think there is still a strip of land that is city property). Given that the current owners are barely present (no idea what's up with that but there's a story there that I know only a little of), I can't see them doing it.

Pinga

Room for All
Reaction score
@Mendalla - that's odd.

oooh, coffee....i have 1 as soon as i wake up. Sometimes another before i leave the house. have a double that i take with me, then, slip out during the day for another venti. can't imagine not having my coffee..

I have about a 1/3 of a glass of wine with dinner. just enough to have had wine, but, not much. Although i like drinking, i find that i don't do much of it.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
@Mendalla - that's odd.
Not half as odd as some of other goings on over there but, as I said, it may be the city. Which is still odd, since we've always only had city trees on my side of the street where there is a sidewalk. Not sure why that would change.

I have about a 1/3 of a glass of wine with dinner. just enough to have had wine, but, not much.
I usually have a glass with dinner when I'm on vac at an all-inclusive or in a place like Italy where wine is relatively cheap (I was paying less for my wine than for Little M's pop when we were in Milan).

* grabs a tea and a muffin *

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Not half as odd as some of other goings on over there but, as I said, it may be the city. Which is still odd, since we've always only had city trees on my side of the street where there is a sidewalk. Not sure why that would change.
In my city, homeowners can request the city to plant trees on the front property. The City owns a longer distance from the centre of the street than most people imagine - up to the water shut off valve that is in the lawn. But I digress. Here the homeowner can choose from a limited selection of trees, and then just wait until their # comes up on the planting list - sometimes takes more than year. When we did it years ago, the city dropped off a stake that we were to place where we wanted the tree planted. I did - and no tree arrived in subsequent weeks but Halloween did. I didn't want kids to trip on the stake at night so I removed it. Of course before I put it back in the ground the city came to plant a tree - and finding no stake just put it where they thought it should go. Doh!!!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I still have a red maple from when the house was built on my boulevard and it hasn't really done well. Still pretty small. Meanwhile, the maple I put in my backyard (admittedly, a differently variety) a few years later is going great guns. A city guy mused about replacing it a few years back but it never happened.