Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good evening. We started the day with a "short" visit with a friend that lasted a couple hours. We visited a local winery for lunch. It was lovely. Who knew a winery in Prince George would fly.

FB_IMG_1659059849931.jpg

FB_IMG_1659059859671.jpg

I stopped at a yarn store downtown to get sock yarn for a friend's socks. Then after a couple small errands, we came home.

It's 32 degrees here. Thankfully it's not humid too.

Melting Season 13 GIF by The Simpsons

Good morning, all! As a new day dawns we are invited to gather in spirit to contemplate, to converse, and to drink warming beverages. Let us gather round the coffee cart, to hear stories, celebrate achievements, offer support when needed, and give thanks for the gift of life. All is ready, come and get it.

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)

I have a sweater on. And it is cool here. When I looked at the weather map across Canada yesterday, we were one of the coolest and wettest spots. Today, it shouldn't even hit 20 degrees. But the weekend will be hotter. So...swimming, kayaking and bbq on Sunday. I plan to make the most of it and have invited two couples to our shore property. Now I have to figure out what I am cooking.

No sweaters here! Didn't sleep much, it was just too hot. It was under 20C for only 2 hours and not much of a breeze. Not extremely extremely hot like what Carolla is dealing with, but still quite uncomfortable when there's no cooling breeze at night.

We're all set up in our campsite in the BC Cariboo region. This is an old park on someone's property. It's nice and will likely be quiet. The AC is on. It's 32 out there. We left the outside door open the last few nights and the place cooled down nicely. It was 12 degrees outside this morning. I don't think it will be that cool tonight.

We're all set up in our campsite in the BC Cariboo region. This is an old park on someone's property. It's nice and will likely be quiet. The AC is on. It's 32 out there. We left the outside door open the last few nights and the place cooled down nicely. It was 12 degrees outside this morning. I don't think it will be that cool tonight.
Oh 12 wow! Our basement is pretty warm right now, I'm not used to that. I think it's because nights haven't been cooling much at all. Next week will be nicer.

I think I'm also running a little hotter than usual from the vaccine still. Not necessarily fever, but just over activated immune system, inflammatory syndrome flare up a bit, etc. The lack of sleep didn't help.

I don't know where this belongs right now, but I'm deeply disappointed by the Pope's visit.
I'm not sure what you were expecting, but this is all you were going to get. A few "sawrys" and trying on hats is as much as anyone is going to get out of the Catholic Church over this. And they will qualify the apology by saying the government of the time made them do it.

I agree. I don't know why I was surprised by the apology as it was the same as what was done from afar. I had too high of an expectation the abuse would be mentioned. Also being in a city where he was I found the public mass at the stadium to be really icky. Why are a bunch of people worshipping at his feet when he's gere to apologize? None of what was being done for his visit should have been doing things for white people.

If they apologized for residential schools here, they'd have to apologize for the Magdalene Laundries in Ireland, sex abuse all over the place and who knows what else. I don't see it happening

Good morning, all! As we think on the apology from the Pope (far more ceremonial than functional, imho) and think what more could have (and should have) been said (and done), let us gather in camaraderie round the coffee cart, for conversation and community, and hot beverages. All is ready.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

It is said that authority has trouble with critical evaluations because such analysis may indicate fallibilities in a system declared infallible! This concept may extend far into the eternal state of mind as there is no limit to the abstract that one can be so absolute about in their BS!

Can you see BS infecting governing and the economy as well through failure of moni's? It is only paper, like some script! If it was gold it would still go down, buried in history as the little people excavate the land in a search for virtue lost in the dirt. Maybe virtue is something alternate?

There are those that state: "That couldn't be!" Thus it is accepted to be naught ... thus nothing is confirmed to be ... as something dissociated ... perhaps dissociative personality disorder in those that do not conform to rules of insanity?

If you act different than standard insanity ... how does that appear to the other side of the story ... a veiled virtue?

Can we stand on ceremony and rites and hope something remains for those left curios about what that was for practically speaking? Imagine practical words appearing as pragmatic or useful as contrary to they way used in AD and other meaningless blather ejaculated by ministerial polity generated to cover for some powerful failure ... and there entanglement of the good and evil appears as light interference that sets black lines ... projects as bars inside the skull simulating confinement of thoughtfulness!

The eternal conflict is on about whether to release will or Psyche ... considering normal folk don't know which is more badly warped in space ... as the entire thing seems to go round ... yet the powers claim flat out lies! Defines chaos ...

Imagine tests that require fey and flighty things as ephemeral (animus) to pass through wind tunnels ... blow holes? That's the word in widespread locations ... "it is just what yah got 'a do for experience of cannibalistic life ... a boom of sorts?

From there it gets seedy ... a very grainy picture that is sold to those not seeing mental clarity! Flushed by the experience ...

Last edited:
As the pope, he has to believe the Roman Catholic Church is the holder, defender, and promoter of the one true faith, so he cannot declare the missionaries were wrong in converting Indigenous people to Catholicism. The business side of the Catholic Church which has a lot of power does not want to let go of any of its assets.

It is time, maybe, for a massive class action lawsuit against the various pieces of the Catholic Church on the grounds of its failure to meet the terms of the court ordered settlement of many years ago and include the federal government for failing to appeal the Saskatoon court case. The were ordered to pay something like $30 million. Failing to do that should remove the shield against lawsuits that judgement provided. In today's world, it would be reasonable to file for something like $100 million.

Everybody has to believe something it appears ... until the discovery that life is unreal and thus the development of all that is beyond us as abstract ... sometimes known as Psyche!

I was told as a child to not go there ... it is unreal! So I have reasoned that the abstract is always on the other side of what faces yah ... ass backwards as anagram? Thus we can see ourselves in the myth ... self is said to be critical ... don't loose ide ...

Or sacrifice it to someone that can NU's it! You need something to go round and choke it ... thus sphincters ... the cat sass is ...

I kind of figured that the Pope's visit wouldn't make a lot of people happy. He has to work within certain boundaries, and I think he did what he could within those. He was invited and he accepted.

I heard that there were too many church officials (bishops etc) taking up available space to see/hear the pope.

Good morning - still sweltering here, but a little less humid today. Husband is very slowly beginning to feel better from COVID. Went to the health centre yesterday for assessment of his VERY sore throat; "just" part of this COVID variant it seems - which was kind of good news - no bacterial infection like strep on top of what's already going on. Aleve & salt water gargles & ricola lozenges seem helpful.

Dtr is working with a florist yesterday & today on flowers for two weddings today. Can't imagine how they will keep all the flowers looking fresh in this heat, as both are outdoor events!!

Others have gone off to beautiful long Anderson Lake for wakeboarding adventures :) We are all hoping to go tomorrow. Don't think I'll be wake boarding but I'm an excellent cheering section!! So we 'old folks' are chilling at home - will be making some moose meat burgers to BBQ for supper - that should be interesting :) Stay well everyone!
1659206058268.png

Back