Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

The LAST time we ordered Chinese food we had enough leftovers for another meal i.e. dinner.

Never understood people who don't enjoy leftovers.
My next door neighbours don't enjoy leftovers at all...occasionally they send them over to me

For fruit pies I still vote vote for warm. With ice cream. Put it in a separate dish if it melts too quickly.
Apple is probably the only pie I usually eat warm. I have had blueberry warm, too, but can take it either way.

The LAST time we ordered Chinese food we had enough leftovers for another meal i.e. dinner.

Never understood people who don't enjoy leftovers.
We almost always have leftovers with Chinese. The local place we use is pretty generous with their portions. And we sometimes deliberately over-order so we have lunch for the next day covered.

The first time I had dinner with Mr Paradox's family, a roast of beef was served. I was more than a little shocked when the leftover meat was fed to the dog.

In my family of origin, it would have appeared as the next night"s meal. Probably ground up for a Shepherd's pie.

True story. I kid you not

In my family of origin, it would have appeared as the next night"s meal. Probably ground up for a Shepherd's pie.
Yeah, a large roast was usually good for two or three meals for us. Shepherd's pie, sandwiches, etc. were the usual way to deal with it.

It was always important to my in-laws to have an overly abundant table. In my family it was more important to never waste food.

Two different reactions to growing up with shortages during the Depression years.

My Dad would eat leftovers he didn't really like to get rid of the food as it was wasteful to just throw it out...unfortunately, that meant he sometimes ate something that my sister and I were saving to eat (hence the move to eating leftovers for breakfast)

The first time I had dinner with Mr Paradox's family, a roast of beef was served. I was more than a little shocked when the leftover meat was fed to the dog.

True story. I kid you not
My daughter used to throw the leftover chicken (with plenty of meat ) out for the dogs. I, on the other hand, would make several more meals with it. She used to complain about the cost of food and I didn't. I believe in waste not, want not.

At my house you eat leftovers when they are what is offered or go without!

I use leftovers, but if I've bought or made a roast chicken, Lucy doesn't get the bones, because cooked bones are bad for dogs, but she does get any remaining skin/cartilage/gristle after I've packaged up the leftovers I can use.

Leftovers ... all that remains of those who waste and direct us to waste not ... and so on it goes about telling people about things you don't do ... rite?

Trivial repetition ...

I shall pas on that and go over to the coffee thread as a thot ... that's last on my mind! I can't think of anything deeper right now ... especially while Canadian Economics' wonders ponder natural experiments and unplanned blunders ... one has to read such things with some depth! Not for the superlative expressions that we commonly face ... often while looking into the glass ... or dark Jug!

Back