Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
I'm lazing around. I feel rather crappy from the vaccine. I do feel better now that I've eaten, had a coffee and am snuggled under my quilt. I'm interpreting this as my system responding to the vaccine, which is good

BethAnne

Rebellious mystic from Alberta
I'm lazing around. I feel rather crappy from the vaccine. I do feel better now that I've eaten, had a coffee and am snuggled under my quilt. I'm interpreting this as my system responding to the vaccine, which is good
Take it gentle today

KayTheCurler

This sounds like an excellent time to listen to your body. If it says - snuggle down and take life easy - then do that!

BethAnne

Busy morning! Biked 3K at 7:30 AM (it was 24F!)...washed all the beets...back out and cut down the peony, poppy, and roses (roses are a mess - growing where they shouldn't be, other trees growing out of them, and thistles!)...I have 2 9x13 pans full of beets - I'm making it easy on myself and just roasting them - I thought both pans would fit in the oven but they don't :p so will cook one at a time...that just leaves the potatoes and onions still to deal with (and a HUGE mess in the kitchen to clean at some point)

BethAnne

I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it. - Robert Brault

Happy Thanksgiving!

paradox3

In my extended family there were always two pumpkin pies. One for those who liked it warmed up in the oven; one for those who prefered it right out of the fridge. I was always part of the "warm" camp. Was persuaded to give the cold pie a try a few years ago. Wow! Is it good that way or what?

Have crossed the floor, so to speak.
Have also snagged LAST place again

BethAnne

In my extended family there were always two pumpkin pies. One for those who liked it warmed up in the oven; one for those who prefered it right out of the fridge. I was always part of the "warm" camp. Was persuaded to give the cold pie a try a few years ago. Wow! Is it good that way or what?

Have crossed the floor, so to speak.
Have also snagged LAST place again
Yes, cold is better than warm! :)

Mendalla

Agnostic pan(en)theist gorilla
Always been a cold pie guy. On a warm one, the whipped cream (or Cool Whip if you're doing it the quick and dirty way) gets watery, I find.

paradox3

I'm still in for warm pie if we are not talking about pumpkin pie or other creamy ones. Lemon meringue, coconut cream, butterscotch, what have you.

For fruit pies I still vote vote for warm. With ice cream. Put it in a separate dish if it melts too quickly.

BethAnne

Unless fresh right out of the oven, I'm a cold pie gal...and preferably cold for breakfast ;)

paradox3

Not a pie for breakfast person.

I know someone who likes a chocolate bar for breakfast. Not me.

Don't get me started on cold pizza for breakfast either. I have actually witnessed this.

Turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce on the other hand . . . Breakfast food as long as the bread is toasted.

BethAnne

Not a pie for breakfast person.

I know someone who likes a chocolate bar for breakfast. Not me.

Don't get me started on cold pizza for breakfast either. I have actually witnessed this.

Turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce on the other hand . . . Breakfast food as long as the bread is toasted.
Any food is breakfast food - I wouldn't eat just a chocolate bar or just a slice of pie for breakfast...cold pizza or cold Chinese also make a good breakfast, or any leftovers for that matter. Growing up that was sometimes the only way you could get the leftovers was to eat them for breakfast as they'd be gone by supper - especially if Dad decided to have them for breakfast.

paradox3

The LAST time we ordered Chinese food we had enough leftovers for another meal i.e. dinner.

Never understood people who don't enjoy leftovers.