Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

OMG, and I haven't booked my snow clearing guy yet, nor put away patio furniture, yikes, yikes, yikes. This catches up on me every year, and it's particularly hard to get done without my old guy, and my daughter seems disinclined to engage right now, so, it's me...I guess I got it out, I'll get it in...

If a bbq is nicely covered, which it is, any real harm leaving it out for the winter? I have acquired a propane bbq this summer, and can't really figure out where I'll fit it in garage or shed until something gets gone... I think I need a dumpster or a dump run and it's getting a bit late for either this year.

*somewhat self-pitying sigh* This Little Red Hen business, as a lifetime endeavour, gets a bit old.

*somewhat self-pitying sigh* This Little Red Hen business, as a lifetime endeavour, gets a bit old.
Yes, it does...I don't have anything done...we got more rain and my rain barrels are overflowing and frozen now so I have to do something so they don't split on me

I haven't even tipped over my potato barrel (a very passive project of mine) to see if I got many potatoes...

I don't think my current rain barrel could split, but it could screw up the nozzle, so yeah, that needs doing as well. I've had a bad gardening year, and turning what even passively happened "off" seems a large chore right now...

I haven't even tipped over my potato barrel (a very passive project of mine) to see if I got many potatoes...

I don't think my current rain barrel could split, but it could screw up the nozzle, so yeah, that needs doing as well. I've had a bad gardening year, and turning what even passively happened "off" seems a large chore right now...
Wouldn't be so bad that the stuff isn't done except for the really cold temps so I don't want to be out doing anything

I hear ya. I like moderate temperatures, not too cold, not too hot. If I had my druthers, I'd tend to go outside only in the months when the cat is willing to go outside, mid-April to mid-October, when it's not raining.

Up until two days ago it was beautiful here...too bad it didn't LAST just a little longer - since I have time this week to be outside

OMG, and I haven't booked my snow clearing guy yet, nor put away patio furniture, yikes, yikes, yikes. This catches up on me every year, and it's particularly hard to get done without my old guy, and my daughter seems disinclined to engage right now, so, it's me...I guess I got it out, I'll get it in...

If a bbq is nicely covered, which it is, any real harm leaving it out for the winter? I have acquired a propane bbq this summer, and can't really figure out where I'll fit it in garage or shed until something gets gone... I think I need a dumpster or a dump run and it's getting a bit late for either this year.

I still have a resident old man which is great for me. However, if he isn't capable of doing the outside stuff I have a sometimes helpful son. Grandsons have never shown up to help when asked and sons are feeling older this year (bad backs). If all else fails I'd try to get some older Guides to come to help - or 4H kids - or find someone on the local FB page. We are fortunate to have enough income to be able to pay if necessary.

So sorry to hear about Helios. A really awful thing to go through for all of you. sending thoughts and vibes.

Wait, what? People take their BBQs in for the winter? We use ours year round, as did my parents, and many neighbours do too.

I just made a terrible phone call to the vet. We will be saying goodbye to our Helios today. :cry: Our lovable, sunny Helios is gone now though. It's time. We can't let him suffer longer.
Sorry Northwind, seems like a really fast decline, faster than what you expected I guess. *hugs*

A neighbour helped me tip over the rain barrels so they could drain - after I hacked holes into the ice...fingers crossed things melt in this mini heat wave (+2C)

Wait, what? People take their BBQs in for the winter? We use ours year round, as did my parents, and many neighbours do too.
We've used ours fairly late before, though not year round normally. I don't really have a place to stow it, though, so it stays on the deck all winter in any case.

Well, that makes me feel better about leaving it outside, covered, for the winter. Thank you, all.

And I've just got a bit inspired. Maybe after I put the table/chairs away, I should get some help to drag it onto the front porch or the back deck. Maybe I'd use it in the winter...

Back