Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
You know what's harder than cutting a story down to a specified length? Padding a story up to a specified length. For maximum points in a comp, I need the story I am writing to be exactly 2581 characters. Problem is, I am at 2550 or so and, really, it is done. Story is told, protagonist has escaped the cosmic darkness that was stalking her, and I like where I have it. I will see if there are some contractions I can expand and things like that but, damn, I don't think I've ever had this problem before.
Wow - right down to # of characters, not even just words! That does sound challenging for sure! How do you think they arrived at the number 2581?

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
It's related to their 10th anniversary. I think it is the number of badges they've awarded over that time. Other word lengths are things like 520 (number of weeks). I am now over after realizing that I could put back some material that I had cut for other reasons. That puts me in more familiar territory.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Pop singer-songwriter Faouzia was talking about getting snow last night. She's in Winnipeg or thereabouts so it does seem to be moving Eastwards.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Now that it is light (and the temp dipped a wee bit below freezing), the snow is starting to stick...may not be able to open the sales today

More playing around with samples...I think I know how I want to make the wisdom card deck now :)

121624437_3315603538488099_7873877225648189673_n.jpg

BethAnne

Reaction score
I would really like to cut my weeds out front once more before it snows...
I have all my outdoor yard work still to do. I did pick the LAST of the peppers - 7 small ones - amazing as I thought the plant was done back when I picked the others

BethAnne

Reaction score
12F (-11C) this morning...I bundled up and biked as there is almost zero ice on the sidewalks/roads...it's a good thing there is more than one way out of my yard as the back gate is totally frozen shut

BethAnne

Reaction score
Another 12F (-11C) bike ride - this one was in the dark with the odd snowflake falling...my total kms for the year are now 243!!!! I'm just past Calgary now :) And the past 15 weeks I've been out daily!

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Received word yesterday that my mother's older sister died in the BC lower mainland ... occured on August 11 at the age of 106 ... thus the support of the late news from the trustees ... legalistic routes are slow when you tend towards autonomy and independent personality traits.

That was the last of the 3 sisters of the past generation ... Mum passing Aug 13 2019, another Dec 2109 and the end of the triad at a riper age ...

I communicate as best I can to a BS that supports not knowing is best ... there are leaders that form images of the sort .. albeit part of the anarchy of life. Don;t you love having to reorder stuff? The directions are extremely variable ... the settling of the will is something else and Isle probably outlive that doings ... thus dissonance has preferred continuance ... as Eris (some say Aries as they don't collect metaphors and Pa Rabble)!

Thus the re dunn dance ... over indelible word(s) ... inky at best ...

Luce NDs

Reaction score
What we don;t know is phenomenal and extreme as politicos ... they too ... last indeterminately!

Have I crossed the bloody lion ...?

I just don't know ...

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Received word yesterday that my mother's older sister died in the BC lower mainland ... occured on August 11 at the age of 106 ... thus the support of the late news from the trustees ... legalistic routes are slow when you tend towards autonomy and independent personality traits.

That was the last of the 3 sisters of the past generation ... Mum passing Aug 13 2019, another Dec 2109 and the end of the triad at a riper age ...
Wow. All three within a year. Sad to hear. Condolences, Luce. But, wow, 106. That's a pretty good age.