Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
I am trying to not grant any special importance to this weekend. No meals with kids an grands this year because of COVID concerns. We did finally manage to get together with some friends - something we have tried for several times during the summer and not had things work out. One or other of us was not well. Yesterday was a success - and incredibly enjoyable - we each drove an hour and a half to meet half way at a park. Fired up the mini bbq and had a picnic.

Our young each did their own thing.
Kid 1 posted a photo on a social site of "All her loved ones enjoying a Thanksgiving meal". Twas her, her partner, four kids and a partner, her MIL, two SIL's and a partner.
Kid 2 doesn't enjoy crowded gatherings so abstains when possible (not that he was invited by anyone!).
Kid 3 lives in another province so a phone call was in the plans.
Kid 4 invited us but we declined because of the crowded nature of the event. Him, his partner and child, his parents in law, two SIL's and a partner, a bunch of friends. Too many bubbles intersecting for our comfort.

Hope everyone here had an enjoyable time!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
LAST. A good friend was at her family thanksgiving (her daughter lives next door to me) and stopped by for a brief yack at the front door. I would never have believed how much I would miss "people"...

BethAnne

Reaction score
Alone for the weekend - COVID gives bro-in-law an excuse to keep me away from sis and niece when he chooses...not the first Thanksgiving I've been alone...and I still have lots to be thankful for

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
I am more prone to getting sad/lonely/bitter on family holidays. Glad you do it better, BA.

BethAnne

Reaction score
I am more prone to getting sad/lonely/bitter on family holidays. Glad you do it better, BA.
It's from many years of mom pouting during holidays - if you can change the situation do so, if you can't then just accept it and move on

You just never know

Blip, blip, blip....
Reaction score
Last as I prepare to fast on liquids only until a procedure mid-day Tuesday over at Rockyview Hospital. Still no clearance from doctor to ride my bike, but I said the heck with it and went for a ride anyway. It was a really strong wind out of the northwest so my 14 km ride took me an hour and 11 minutes! Ha ha maybe if no ill effects from the ride I can try again next weekend.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Last as I prepare to fast on liquids only until a procedure mid-day Tuesday over at Rockyview Hospital. Still no clearance from doctor to ride my bike, but I said the heck with it and went for a ride anyway. It was a really strong wind out of the northwest so my 14 km ride took me an hour and 11 minutes! Ha ha maybe if no ill effects from the ride I can try again next weekend.
I was on liquids for Thanksgiving the year I got my wisdom teeth removed as the stitches weren't removed till the Tuesday after. Hope the procedure goes well.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Week 5 (of 6) of the chapbook course starts today! I have my layout/formatting started and I contacted a couple of local print shop friends for quotes for printing it

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
I used to doodle a bit on my phone using the drawing tools in the Samsung Notes app. Mostly vacation-y stuff since I tended to do it whilst at a resort or cruising. Forget if I ever posted any here or not.

BethAnne

Reaction score
I used to doodle a bit on my phone using the drawing tools in the Samsung Notes app. Mostly vacation-y stuff since I tended to do it whilst at a resort or cruising. Forget if I ever posted any here or not.
I'm just using the Notes app...you haven't posted any in LPT for sure