Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Reaction score
Lots of damage in and around Calgary.

@Kimmio Laughterlove it is very powerful and incredible (and scary too) and worth seeing
We don't get them here (or it's really rare). Sometimes, we get water spouts in the ocean. Little wind whipped water funnels. I haven't heard of them damaging anything.

I have relatives in Alberta. Tornadoes just havent happened while I've been there. I have seen crazy lightening in Calgary. One summer I lived pretty near to the power lines for about a month - it was freaky. And golf ball sized hail. I've seen that a few times.

BethAnne

Reaction score
We don't get them here (or it's really rare). Sometimes, we get water spouts in the ocean. Little wind whipped water funnels. I haven't heard of them damaging anything.

I have relatives in Alberta. Tornadoes just havent happened while I've been there. I have seen crazy lightening in Calgary. One summer I lived pretty near to the power lines for about a month - it was freaky. And golf ball sized hail. I've seen that a few times.
Honestly, you don't want to be around for a tornado! Sounds like you've experienced some pretty good AB storms

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Did okay last night here, other parts of Calgary were hit with hail, we just had heavy rain.
The Albertan on my writing board said he just got rain, too.

Ontario is looking at a week of sun, but it's getting hot going into next weekend so perhaps some humidity storms will show in the forecast later.

BethAnne

Reaction score
very overcast this morning - nice as it's cooler but looks like it could rain any moment

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Got in a nice hour bike ride this afternoon with Mrs. M for company. Weather is perfect, neither too hot nor too cold. Headed over to Stoney Creek where there's decent paved trails along the creek and through the parks and neighbourhoods that surround it.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
We're pretty lazy here today. We sat outside and chatted with a neighbour for a bit. Hubby is draining tanks and puttering. I've been working on a baby blanket. I got my camera and phone talking to each other on the new network. I was able to download my photos from a walk nearby on Friday. This is Spider Lake, near Qualicum, BC. IMG_20200614_141916_986.jpgIMG_20200614_141916_978.jpg

We went out to Bowser for supper with friends on Friday night. This magnificent Dogwood was there.

IMG_20200612_200655_794.jpg

BethAnne

Reaction score
We're pretty lazy here today. We sat outside and chatted with a neighbour for a bit. Hubby is draining tanks and puttering. I've been working on a baby blanket. I got my camera and phone talking to each other on the new network. I was able to download my photos from a walk nearby on Friday. This is Spider Lake, near Qualicum, BC. View attachment 3794View attachment 3795

We went out to Bowser for supper with friends on Friday night. This magnificent Dogwood was there.

View attachment 3796
Love, love, love the pictures...especially the dogwood...WOW!

BethAnne

Reaction score
In bed very sick yesterday with a reaction - can't figure out where I was exposed - and feel miserable