Last Post Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla
Reaction score
Still at breakfast? Well, I'll just settle down in LAST as supper looms here in Ontario.

BethAnne

Reaction score
Ended up being brunch as I didn't eat till almost 10:00...snacking this afternoon....not worried about supper yet - might be a bowl of ice cream as I melted in the heat back at 9 AM :p

BethAnne

Reaction score
They are still doing only curbside pickup and book drops here. Not even sure all the branches are "open" yet. LPL was staging their reopenings.
There are a couple around here that are only doing curbside but the one I go to is fully open

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
This is starting to feel ridiculous. Why are libraries 'forbidden zones' while swimming pools are opening? Why is camping considered dangerous while churches can hold gatherings?

BethAnne

Reaction score
This is starting to feel ridiculous. Why are libraries 'forbidden zones' while swimming pools are opening? Why is camping considered dangerous while churches can hold gatherings?
Sometimes there seems to be no rhyme or reason

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Yeah, why have we (the grocery store) suspended "cash back" but continued to accept cash? Logic?

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Why are libraries 'forbidden zones' while swimming pools are opening?
As a lifetime user of both public libraries and public pools, I will testify that library users are quite a bit more likely to follow rules, particularly if they are in writing.

BethAnne

Reaction score
As a lifetime user of both public libraries and public pools, I will testify that library users are quite a bit more likely to follow rules, particularly if they are in writing.
One of the "reasons" I was given for library closures was because of the number of surfaces touched - having been a librarian, I can tell you there is less extra touching of books/surfaces in a library than in, say, a grocery store

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Here, libraries could have opened before indoor swimming pools, although the libraries here haven't, they are doing curbside now, not sure when it started. My understanding about churches was they weren't considered less dangerous than camping moreso than a big need for some and I think too they knew some groups would just go ahead anyway. I highly suspect the idea there was let's put out clear guidelines as it's probably safer to work with the groups then flat out say it's not allowed.

I agree though, some things there is little logic. Our community lake last I looked still hasn't opened up the bbq pits. I think the reasoning there is lack of trust of non-cohorts to not share food but I don't see why that's such a concern considering the other things that are available.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
I guess we all decide our own guidelines while bearing in mind the 'rules'. Personally I won't be going out in any crowds, or to shared spaces like pools. I would happily go to a Provincial Park to picnic and swim (we always use the less popular lakes that are quite isolated). The visiting we have enjoyed has all been outside and distanced (family and close neighbours who are super careful about their contacts). However, we have both been to the doctor's office and the hospital within the past few weeks. The visits required an actual meeting but many appointments are happening via phone calls.