Gardening Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I have a friend who is selling off his garden. He is a breeder of daylilies. He has many rare and unusual plants. I just go wow, at both the plants and the prices they are going for. Out of my league. It is still fun to watch, though hard to see him selling all his inventory.

I know people who moved and they had a amazing garden. Huge perennial beds. Colourful all year. Really a joy to walk by the house

new owners dug it all out, replaced with grass and a box wood hedge. Grass right up to the foundation, no plants. It broke the previous owners hearts and they were so angry they had not thought to ask. Otherwise they would have had the neighborhood come and take what you want.....

Here is a link for those with Facebook: Facebook

I was lucky enough to have a friend give me 9 beautiful daylilies from her garden. They all seem to be thriving. I had also bought two from the garden above, and a bunch from Northland.

The pink princess philodendrum is supposed to be in high demand....selling for over $150 in some places.

I was lucky to be told by my former neighbour when the new owners of my old house wanted to get rid of all the 10 year old bushes I had planted. I offered to dig them out and move them to my place. A 14 feet high beautybush, took 1 hour to dig out and two to dig in ( my place is on a former sportsground, I needed a pick axe to break the ground), spirea bushes and others. Priceless. Several hours and a truck were needed.Had to be cut down a bit but all of them now thriving in my present place .

I have just four more beds to go with adding compost. But it’s hard work. Hubby has a sore shoulder so it’s just me digging!

but today i have the first arugula sprouts up

and everywhere stuff is up. noticed may apples today. And violets are everywhere in the grass

For the first time in the last couple of days, on my walks, I noticed violet colours. Most violets are violet. But the odd lawn (and in fact, a patch of my local-est park) have white violets. But I haven't seen a lawn/area with both colours.

I love how the violets are everywhere, pooping up in the grass. Such delicate yet hardy plants. We have white, purple, pink and a blend one. All just arrived naturally from somewhere. Plus the yellow dog tooth violets

no trilliums yet

i finished composting my garden. Onions are in, a few shears of asparagus are up, rhubarb is getting bigger

i started to trim the roses and ran out of steam! We have a few days of rain ahead which will be good for everything

I was given rhubarb by a fellow member of a local Facebook group. Fingers crossed. It looks good. Put in my new garden last fall.

I have totally a lot to share. I will split some off for my perennial sale. Patch is quite huge now.

BTW, if you're looking for plants to gift, sell, share, etc., local FB groups can be great. Saw someone trying to sell centaurea for $5 the other day. Laughed.

Back