Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Got good news, I do not have to isolate. Problem is the province health line really isn't going off of the legal requirements for the most part, and there has been so much info. Late Aug, they were recommending people with conditions like allergies to get tested once before school started. Schools also have a set of rules for what they allow. And then there's vaccine symptoms and what is and isn't required to isolate - but not when it's pre-existing health issues being triggered.

I just wish they would give recommendations and then refer the caller to the legal documents - rather than say what's illegal/legal when they aren't really trained.

Isolating/getting tested is a recommendation I feel confident in skipping, as even with phototherapy last few appointments I've been in and out, well distanced from everyone else, so coupled with history I'm quite confident this is not COVID - plus symptoms are settling.

So here's the latest from Israel on whether the Covid vaccines are effective against the African variant and it doesn't look good. Pfizer is currently testing to see if a third dose may be required to stop the variants.

I was encouraged to hear last evening that a flight of migrant farm workers were vaccinated at Pearson Airport yesterday as they deplaned from Mexico. Said this would be standard offer now for any arriving migrant workers.
That sounds like a good idea.

As an offshoot thought - when did people start 'deplaning'? Used to be you embarked and disembarked. My brain isn't telling me what word should be used to indicate 'embarking, I'm pretty sure people don't 'plane' when they get on'.

That sounds like a good idea.

As an offshoot thought - when did people start 'deplaning'? Used to be you embarked and disembarked. My brain isn't telling me what word should be used to indicate 'embarking, I'm pretty sure people don't 'plane' when they get on'.
Not sure when that term came into common use in the industry. I fly a lot (when there's no pandemics) and it's been in use long enough that I don't even think of it anymore.

Not sure why Alberta hasn't vaccinated more the last few days, hopefully this week really ramps up! I do know some focus has been going towards mass, large clinics in Edmonton and Calgary, not sure when those will be used.

So one of the vaccination centres did a "stress test" today and seemingly handled it quite badly. People were lined up around the block and a picture made the local TV station's Twitter. I tagged the health unit into the thread but no response. Finally discovered it was referenced near the end of their daily briefing on their website but how many people are going to go hunting for something like that. There should have been an announcement on social media and it should have been indicated when people booked appointments. As it was, I know from the Twitter thread that some people left in disgust and the health unit now has egg on their face over it.

I got my first vaccine today. The clinic was well organized and the nurse was very friendly. The only issue was that the gatekeeper outside was chatting with his friend rather than doing his job. He stopped chatting when he realized we were looking for him.

Not sure why Alberta hasn't vaccinated more the last few days, hopefully this week really ramps up! I do know some focus has been going towards mass, large clinics in Edmonton and Calgary, not sure when those will be used.
Never mind on that, the number jump today now that it is finalized is vastly different.

I get my vaccine next Wed.
I see England is celebrating no restrictions, which is great, but I wonder about watching them sitting in pubs without masks on the news. Maybe a bit premature?

I worried about that too when I saw England was opening up. It looks like there is a process. The report I saw spoke of opening indoor dining next so maybe all the pubs are outdoors

I worried about that too when I saw England was opening up. It looks like there is a process. The report I saw spoke of opening indoor dining next so maybe all the pubs are outdoors
The ones I saw on the news were all outdoors, but they were sitting extremely crammed together....

When pubs are open here, it would be same in terms of masking for most, although capacity is lower.

Looks like Johnson and Johnson vaccines are going to be "paused" in the US due to 6 cases of blood clots in women (one has died) that have occurred fairly close to having had the vaccine.
Both Astrazeneca and Johnson and Johnson are viral vector load vaccines. The mRna vaccines have had no reports of blood clots, although there have been some different adverse affects.

If you or anyone you know has had the Astrazeneca or J&J vaccine, here are the symptoms to watch out for, up to 3 weeks from having this vaccine:

Extreme headache.....one like you've never experienced before
Abdominal pain....one of the main symptoms
Leg or arm pain....which can also be described as numbness or weakness
Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing
Also it appears to happen more often with those that have low platelets and mostly younger women

Back