Covid 19 Vaccine

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

My niece, who is a dental hygenist, received her 2nd dose in Minnesota. She was feeling pretty crappy after her 2nd dose. I understand that it is to be expected. A reasonable price to pay for getting people covered.

Watched on the news that all of Nunavut was offered vaccines and are in the process. Why? No ICU there. Makes sense. Thankful for them to be prioritized over us in S. ontario.
Yeah, some of Ns’s supplies went to NWT instead of here.
We looked up the population in Canada during lunch at work and did a little trivia. Nunavut the second lowest population, somewhere around 35 000. 70 people more than Yukon.

i get that it must be hard to determine where the vaccines should go.

I know that the armed forces reserves had been on deck to head there should there be an outbreak, to setup field hospitals and so on. Thankful that wasn't required. Thankful that they are being vaccinated as a priority.

Some things can always be done better without types of inhibition ... especially regarding valued intelligence ... not emotionally denied in the interest of cuts?

How does random fit in here with indeterminate relations between understanding and emotions!

What i am hearing from you, is that you would have preferred focus on long-term strategy, rather than short-term.

Given the age-old expression, that 9 men can't make a baby in a month -- it takes a woman and in general 9 months; how would you have reallocated resources to focus on that item?

What would you have dropped?
PH -- focussing on getting information out & translated to local languages
something closer -- vaccine distribution plans?
something closer -- vaccine purchase plans?
financial reassignments / capital shifts to accomodate vaccine distribution and related spends

I have worked in large corporations dealing with items that are both confidential in nature and fairly catastrophic .
Given that, i am fully aware of the choices made in those situations, the successes and failures, and how easy it is to not understand what is occurring or why it is. There are rarely great choices, only some that are better than others, or lay the groundwork for others.

So, @ChemGal, what choices would you make?

What i am hearing from you, is that you would have preferred focus on long-term strategy, rather than short-term.

Given the age-old expression, that 9 men can't make a baby in a month -- it takes a woman and in general 9 months; how would you have reallocated resources to focus on that item?

What would you have dropped?
PH -- focussing on getting information out & translated to local languages
something closer -- vaccine distribution plans?
something closer -- vaccine purchase plans?
financial reassignments / capital shifts to accomodate vaccine distribution and related spends
I would have dropped the We crap early on.

"Weee" an oligarchic expression ...

Assists in the spread of blame ... consequence of strange reasons of how this was initiated?

Some good vaccine news. Newly published lab studies show Pfizer-BioNtech and Moderna should be effective against the variants, though there was some reduction in antibody response.

I read an article (I think on CBC News) that seemed to say that it is inadvisable to take OTC pain/fever pills after your Covid shot. Feeling unwell and running a fever means your body is developing a strong immune response.

I read an article (I think on CBC News) that seemed to say that it is inadvisable to take OTC pain/fever pills after your Covid shot. Feeling unwell and running a fever means your body is developing a strong immune response.
I think its the opposite Kay.....we should take tylenol or motrin after we get the Covid vaccine.

So, this is how well informed we are. Two different/opposite takes on something that should really be fact-based.

Here's a decent news article on it.

In general I have seen don't take it prior to the vaccine as a prevention method, avoid using it after if experiencing symptoms which are tolerable, but if really feeling unwell go ahead. Don't avoid using the medications if it's something normally used, even PRN. ie. Have a migraine the day you're to get the vaccine? Go ahead and use what you would normally.

We don't really have great studies though.

Back