what are you reading?

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Most recently I read Freeing Jesus by Diana Butler Bass. CUrrently I am reading a book looking at when humans first started to populate the Americas:

Most recently I read Freeing Jesus by Diana Butler Bass. CUrrently I am reading a book looking at when humans first started to populate the Americas:
An article in the latest Broadview with an interview with an Indigenous anthropologist points to alternative beliefs about the settlement of the Americas.

I am indulging in D Gabbledon's most recent release ... generally to be denied as it deals with mental entities travelling trough history in manners similar to mythical OBI ... where psyche escapes to look back at us ... in a manner denied in official history ... thus mythologized ...

Imagine experiencing what is supported within the bindings of this spine! Thus tome's stand alone ... expressing relief ... mental departure or escapism? So it goes't ...

Books are that way if you can get into the sol of the story ... then the spirit rises ... con spirit oriel? Many wouldn't go that deep ...

Thus the myth goes down ... in Minas descent ... innate gold? Ouda sight ... virtue unseen ... alternate gold?

Expect agnostic ... questions!

Started reading Anoka, an anthology of horror by an American indigenous writer (he uses "Indian" himself but acknowledges and respects in the introduction that that term has fallen out of favour in Canada). First two stories were quite good, incorporating interesting, chilling horror plots with contemporary indigenous life. All stories are set in and around a real town in Minnesota that has had an annual Halloween parade for about a century.

Completed Kierkegaard's The Seducer's Dairy ...

On the nature of construct of how a mind could construct a story ... from the subjective/objective duality is an interesting approach on how a person could defeat their runaway passions! Desires usually bury any encountered intelligence somehow ... a mystery given how these ghostly vapours may overcome the dark lady of thought!

Thus more denial and rejection ... and thoughts still fly ... coming around as ephemeral or flighty as two metaphors to offset virtue ...

The power of denial can also rid us of that ... something contributing to raise levels of disbelief ... and thus that other thing! Don't say it ... the greatest deniers would rather not know about it ... it remains only manifested as abstract! Say what!

I'm reading "Peace by Chocolate" by Jon Tattrie. And I ordered some peace by chocolate as Easter gifts to my family. And the CEO of the company is one of the Canada Reads defenders. I like it when my reading spills out into the world. Next on my list: to see the movie.

Reading is an excellent way of learning about social connections and decent networking!

There are folk that will have nothing to do with it ... as blind responses are better for getting your own way ... imagine the one that squawks the loudest gets ... well you know!

The other ... well that is subtle matter ... understood? Life is like that much hidden and misty ...

Just completed Summer at the Bluffs and Vanderbilt (A Cooper). There is a common thread there about wealth and a countering power that limits the empire builders! It opens a vast dimension for discussion regarding the two polities!

It bought my mind back to a situation of slave master relationship in the human resource. Recently a southern fundamental affiliate spoke to me how slavery has always been on earth and he wished to be in one particular position in this perspective and sharing was to be eliminated due to the lesser classes didn't deserve more. Another from a similar organization who claimed to have left his church due to the irresponsibility of the cluster and their leader about caution around COVID!

In my period of recovery from human imperfection, I have been enjoying reading about the deterrent against sharing and how this goes down with that personality in the middle east who declared that the human resource should share all things. Then of course in enlightenment, intelligence and sentient matter the first thing to sink in the impact of desire turned loose on us as a test?

Impulse control seems to be a large topic in a resource system sickened by the unknown powers! Will such shots in the dark sink social organization? Autonomy and total isolationism appears to be a goal for a large mass of the common population (paradigm)! Thus some drift on one river while others go in counter force with thought, information, process and all that crap!

Would a quiet passion involve compassion and appreciation for all things that provide for life even with the stings? Thus the hairy situation with bones and honey ... and the rearrangement of the bones of the myth ... isn't that bonny?

The matter that we don;t know appears extensive to me although many folks seem to believe the know the entire eternity ... a big dark hole sensation?

Last edited:
I am reading 'The Maid' by Nita Prose, and it is making me smile and laugh, so that makes it the perfect read for this point in my life. I also have "Unreconciled" by Jesse Wente partly read, but I can only read a few pages at a time. It is disturbing in a number of ways. I need the smile and laugh variety of book right now.

Finished reading "Sold on a Monday" by Kristina McMorris about a newspaper reporter who triggered a mother selling her two children in the 1930s. It is an excellent read and a peek at the kind of society some hard right wing people want to recover.

Finished reading "Sold on a Monday" by Kristina McMorris about a newspaper reporter who triggered a mother selling her two children in the 1930s. It is an excellent read and a peek at the kind of society some hard right wing people want to recover.

But they would say the problem was the weak folk were evil as they couldn't stand up to the tyranny. GOOGLE tyranny!

Some people believe in power and tyranny that it allows ... does that sound familiar story about some man idolized by some folk searching power?

Yet power is still prized as intelligence is subdued and put down by one type of god .... alternates? Would the powers refer to such altruistic information diabolical?

We have been given the chore of choosing ... to be done blindly?

I've been labelled a lesser being as I don't have strong enough passions to do anything to reach the goal ... imagine Moses recessing in relief in the face of gods ... satyr-like? Satyr's have a mean kick when altruism spontaneously erupts ...

It is a bad seen for those believing a particular way that isn't all inclusive ... integral to all essence! Some say a marriage of mystical character ... in the rye! Imagine getting caught up to no good without cover ... defines ego and self-centered vectors! It is not simple ...

Last edited:
Completed Dr John Douley on Jung and the Great Mother Theory ...

Does a wonderful job on the conjunction of philosophy, theology and psychology and how it fails if we do not have a psyche to digest the anal things we encounter in tyrannical life ... it also covers the need for separation from secular Gods as they do nothing to assist us understand the ups and downs of the motif of emotional existence without a fullness of mind! This may result in martyrdom of light intelligence ... and why it separates from the inhuman populace allowing the humanity factor to settle on improved understanding ... a factor not for competitive Christian life ... due to the need for losers! Equilibration is not acceptable ...

Granted this is not all that acceptable to those that would eliminate psyche as an ephemeral essence of God! Thus it is massively denied in the paradigm!

So last night I start my umpteenth re-read of Dracula by Bram Stoker. It's my favorite novel ever and we are coming up on the 125th anniversary of its publication. The novel is written in epistolary format as a collection of journals, letters, etc. by the characters. So everything is dated. And here I was reading the scene where Jonathan Harker travels to Castle Dracula on May 5, on May 5. Weird coincidence because I had actually not thought about the fact that I was reading it the week the story starts until I started reading. Anyhow, if you've never read the novel and only know the story from movies or whatever, it's worth it. None of the movies got it quite right, though I enjoy many of them in their own right.

So last night I start my umpteenth re-read of Dracula by Bram Stoker. It's my favorite novel ever and we are coming up on the 125th anniversary of its publication. The novel is written in epistolary format as a collection of journals, letters, etc. by the characters. So everything is dated. And here I was reading the scene where Jonathan Harker travels to Castle Dracula on May 5, on May 5. Weird coincidence because I had actually not thought about the fact that I was reading it the week the story starts until I started reading. Anyhow, if you've never read the novel and only know the story from movies or whatever, it's worth it. None of the movies got it quite right, though I enjoy many of them in their own right.

It is a considerably complex metaphor for folks that do not believe in such non literal expressions ... it sometimes leaves one with a sense of dissociation from gospel virtue ... an incarnate presentation. Incarnate is a word worth looking for its alternative meanings ... these may manifest as a wisp ...

Night Witches by Garth Ennis, Russ Braun, Tony Aviña, Simon Bowland. Aboot the Russian Women who fought on the Eastern Front. A graphic novel. They were given that nick by the Germans because the Night Witches developed a tactic to be able to bomb the superior Germans by floating in silently at night...

Real Magic by Dean Radin. Finally managed to get a copy. Haven't started to read it yet.

Still LOTS I have d/l from Project Gutenberg.

(I am gorging on Leigh Brackett, a very prolific author who came to be aware of thru my sweetie. I discovered a spooky ghost story author I really like: M R James; writes really good atmospheric "show not tell" ghost stories. Rereading a lot of Algernon Blackwood (his The Willows is perfectly unsettling). Even got a hold of Cordwainer Smith's work on psyop warfare. Yes, a famous SF author worked for the US gov't on psycholical warfare).

Night Witches by Garth Ennis, Russ Braun, Tony Aviña, Simon Bowland. Aboot the Russian Women who fought on the Eastern Front. A graphic novel.
Here's a soundtrack. :giggle:

M R James

Algernon Blackwood
Two of my faves. I usually read some James for Halloween every year. I have an omnibus of Ghost Stories of and Antiquary and More Ghost...

And Blackwood was a big influence on Lovexraft and other Cthulhu Mythos writers. He briefly lived in Canada, leading to stories set in our wilder spaces like his magnificent The Wendigo.

Stoic folk tell me that they do not accept ghosts ... unless they personally shot the essence down as a physical manifestation!

The essence must be denied especially if the commoner learns anything ... "teach my children" does it mean nothing to the edifice? That's a hard state ... yet we must get through it as a piece of intelligence ... we bits at a time given our resistant nature as expressed by OHM. That's the part to be augured ... the great rooting? Recesses and crevices favoured as vales ... in the psyche state these can present as cover ...

Back