Transgenderism ..... ask your questions!

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Mrs. Anteater -- you have just shown how to affirm someone, and how as cis people we need to hold other cis people to account.

I applaud you for being on top of this item.

I have reported him, as he is on a roll again which we can see in other threads. This is Ritas thread and I have asked to ban him temporarily, since he is not getting it. There is no need for this behaviour here, Rita has had enough of this in RL.
Yes, I totally agree.

@RitaTG responds so graciously to the provocations of a certain poster I am in awe!

@Jae - and you are ignoring RitaTG's important comment that your expressed opinions are hurtful. Intentionally inflicting hurt on others seems to be in opposition to your claims of Christian love. I find it very sad that you continue along these lines.
Sadly, this is true.

My dear friends.
I find that I have to challenge opinions such as those of Jae.
Young trans persons are constantly whipped and beaten by such pronouncements.
Early indications are that trans kids of such religious families have a suicide attempt rate approaching 60%
Someone has to do the challenging on their behalf and stand up for them.
To such I feel called
It is about far more than just me

My dear friends.
Early indications are that trans kids of such religious families have a suicide attempt rate approaching 60%
To such I feel called

Such pronouncements as what exactly RitaTG? What I did was to ask another poster to identify whose professional opinion she was basing a statement she made on; and to reject allegations made against me of wrongdoing.

Last edited:
Ooh, Rita, yes, it is important that you do it, but, you have taught us well, obi-wan, and we should pick up the charge.

My dear friends.
To such I feel called
This is not about different opinions, this is about being provocative on purpose and the lack of being sensible. We can and will deal with this in other threads. It does not belong here.

First trans person I ever met what's my hairdressing teacher downtown Toronto I was 15 taking the hair styling course and I met her I still think of her today she was very attractive mrs. Baker she was also very kind when they told me she was a trans I would look at her even deeper because I I was being young I was naive and I tried to see some masculinity in her but I couldn't. I remember one of the students who was a friend of mine used to make fun of her all the time I would sit there and look at her and I can see the pain in her eyes when somebody would ridicule her but she would keep it inside of her and I really used to break my heart to see her pain I wasn't a Christian at the time but I can feel her in her pain, so I will talk to her all the time and befriend her.

Fast forward 40 years later and I'm a born again Christian and I'm not supposed to have compassion for transgender people even more so?

Sometimes Born Again Christians become so spiritual that they forget that they still live in a carnal world they have no balance in their life if you look at the life of Jesus his life was balanced carnal life and spiritual life.

Our Wars not against flesh and blood, let's not forget that, sometimes as Christians it's better to shut our mouths and just be compassionate

Such pronouncements as what exactly RitaTG? What I did was to ask another poster to identify whose professional opinion she was basing a statement she made on; and to reject allegations made against me of wrongdoing.
Deflection....

First trans person I ever met what's my hairdressing teacher downtown Toronto I was 15 taking the hair styling course and I met her I still think of her today she was very attractive mrs. Baker she was also very kind when they told me she was a trans I would look at her even deeper because I I was being young I was naive and I tried to see some masculinity in her but I couldn't. I remember one of the students who was a friend of mine used to make fun of her all the time I would sit there and look at her and I can see the pain in her eyes when somebody would ridicule her but she would keep it inside of her and I really used to break my heart to see her pain I wasn't a Christian at the time but I can feel her in her pain, so I will talk to her all the time and befriend her.

Fast forward 40 years later and I'm a born again Christian and I'm not supposed to have compassion for transgender people even more so?

Sometimes Born Again Christians become so spiritual that they forget that they still live in a carnal world they have no balance in their life if you look at the life of Jesus his life was balanced carnal life and spiritual life.

Our Wars not against flesh and blood, let's not forget that, sometimes as Christians it's better to shut our mouths and just be compassionate
Amen

have a suicide attempt rate approaching 60%
To such I feel called

And attempted and completed suicide is about far more than just 'trans' children.

Suicide is the second-most common cause of death among children in Canada.
  • Aboriginal people in Canada die by suicide two to three times more often than non-Aboriginal people.
  • Aboriginal youth suicide rate is 5 to 6 times higher than for that of non-Aboriginal youth.
Isn't ironic ... Prior to 'colonization' - Aboriginals did not have a problem with gender fluidity.

Rita. I just wanted to say how grateful I have been for your advice and willingness to share your story over the years here at WC. Your willingness to help us understand a more gender fluid world has been very important.

At my son's high school a friend is a trans young man. I have known this young man from the age of two when was known by a girl's name. We had quite a chat this weekend. My son also talked to me this weekend about a gender fluid (correct term?) young teen who prefers to be identified as "they". Your honest sharing has helped me better understand the journeys of these teens, as well as how to (try?) to be an ally.

Thanks.

And attempted and completed suicide is about far more than just 'trans' children.

Suicide is the second-most common cause of death among children in Canada.
  • Aboriginal people in Canada die by suicide two to three times more often than non-Aboriginal people.
  • Aboriginal youth suicide rate is 5 to 6 times higher than for that of non-Aboriginal youth.
Isn't ironic ... Prior to 'colonization' - Aboriginals did not have a problem with gender fluidity.
Try being aboriginal and trans
I am
That makes the risk even worse

Why is Aboriginal suicide rate much higher?
Discrimination because you are indigenous.
Multipled with ingrained toxic colonial religion that has imposed Victorian views upon our culture. The damage is deep and we judge a trans person by the worst of white standards.
The effect is more of a multiplication rather than simply an addition. We are despised everywhere

Back