The WonderArt Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

It's been a couple weeks since Halloween, but the big announcement in the Spooky Tales competition has come down. And it's a good one. I came seventh in a strong top ten. I do warn you that the winner (from a Canadian in Alberta, BTW) went hard on the body horror and was a bit trigger-y for me so think carefully before reading it.

I'm scared to read it.

Does messing about on Google Deep Dream count? Some of the results have been interesting. I'm not sure if this little guy says "Spring Is Coming!" or "Too Much Plutonium In Your Snow!"

EgJxAVn.jpg

That little snowflake image has rendered well using several styles. Here it is with some added cobalt courtesy of a blue fractal that I generated:

quuMui0.jpg

And it even fossilized by rendering it with seashells:

KGqkEHu.jpg

I rendered it with a red fractal that's worked well for me in the past, but I don't think it has a snowflake's chance in hell:

Gx1835P.jpg

So I've been messing around with the Deep Dream generator. This is where you feed the AI just one image and tell it to go to town. Most of the results are odd, some downright creepy. I rendered this image of aurora borealis though and after just a single iteration at normal inception depth got this:

BBH8Clw.jpeg

Yes, that's relatively normal output.

I have not done a Christmas story in a while. This one goes pretty dark but stick with it. I was aiming to get both the dark and the light of the season into it. It begins when a woman's despair leads her to put her life in Fate's hands...

This is something I wrote quite a while ago but it seems appropriate to the season and weather we are having.

Snowflakes softly feathering down
Blanketing the cold grey ground
Trees and rooftops etched in white
All the earth is sparkling light

Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas and New Year filled with hope.

New ape story is out, and it's a competition entry. See what you think.

New ape story is out, and it's a competition entry. See what you think.

I liked it alot....I found myself imagining different outcomes as I was reading it. I half expected it to turn out worse than before and Jack would be a liar....so the actual ending was refreshing. Reminds us all today to be mindful of our choices here and now.

I like it.
Curious, what type of feedback would you like for the stories?
Oh, whether you liked it or not. What you liked. What I got wrong. What I got right. What about the story seemed especially meaningful or interesting to the reader. I mean, there's only so much you can say about a two or three thousand word short story, but feedback helps me when I go to write future stories.

I do have another that I am holding back until the comp is over. I was also written on the comp theme but I felt it was not as strong a story as The Bat.

Back