The WonderArt Thread

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

And my latest story is up. It's an entry in "A Survivor's Story", the latest competition over on Stories Space. A bit dark, but hopeful, is what I was aiming for. See if you think I hit the mark.

You did...I liked the ending

I found the ending most intriguing.
So did a couple of the regulars over there. They are thinking the three of them (Tina, the kid, the veteran) become friends and learn from each other. BTW, I do encourage people to read some of the other entries. This one is a nice bit of non-fiction reflecting on the author's own experiences of survival. I remember her talking about the crash she uses as a framing device back when it happened.

I too liked it. The only part I found jarring was the use of the word panties. Don't happen to know any woman who calls her underwear that

Loved the story though and the writing

As in, "where's the laundry mountain at? How many days of clean/decent knickers have I got?" "Briefs" is too male, "panties" too femme, so "undies"?

When my oldest daughter started kindergarten she learned some different word usages from those she heard at home. She threw a major hissy fit one afternoon because I 'didn't know anything! These things' (lifting dress to waist level) 'are PANTIES. Not knickers'!

they were panties or undies in this household and only within the house...outside of the house if one absolutely had to (or dared to) mention them it was "unmentionables"

The problem with "underwear" is that it could comprise "undershirt", "bra" and also "knickers/panties"...

It is what is under the story in depth, that makes some ware Y! Thus sacred delighting and it all went dark! That's GEO Ghia ... and knight arrives ...

So for all those who think the Internet needs more Cancon, we now have three Canadian writers (including the ape) in the Storiesspace comp. That's out of 15 entries. May not sound like much but it's a site with global reach so that's actually 20%, so hitting well above our weight class.

From the inimitable Albertan clown Ping, one of his rare serious pieces (and a damn fine one): Pine

And from Ontario's own JamesPBear, whose avatar is even hairier than mine: Unbeaten!

I once wrote a story about spontaneous combustion ... said by some not to exist ... but in the climax the hero was blown away by what he understood ... not his fault but others didn't wish him to know about snakes in de light ... feeling that this life could go on forever ... as a misfunction of a large mental gonad!

If you know something be humble and pass a vaporous myth ...

And my latest story is up. It's an entry in "A Survivor's Story", the latest competition over on Stories Space. A bit dark, but hopeful, is what I was aiming for. See if you think I hit the mark.

And the winners were announced this morning. No podium for the ape, but I did make ninth and got a Recommended Read badge.

New story out. We are doing a fun "challenge" where someone posted a sentence and we all try to use it as the first line of a story. Here is my contribution.

Songs To Keep Monsters Away

Last edited:
Okay, the "upgrade" (and I do use the term loosely) at StoriesSpace broke all the links to my stories. I have fixed up the two in my sig but here is a link to my story list on the new site. Easier than trying to find and fix all the links in this thread.

Back