Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good morning! The start of a three day weekend is today. Some will be busy getting ready for family meals, some getting ready to travel, hopefully all of us will be able to find time to give thanks for all our blessings. We gather round the Coffee Cart, to share in our daily chat, give and receive support to each other, and develop camaraderie. There is coffee and tea ready, as well as the Wonderbaker's offerings for us to enjoy. Today we have pumpkin tarts to enjoy. The tea water is boiling, the coffee is freshbrewed, and the tarts are warm from the oven. All is ready, everybody is welcome. Come join in the chats!

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]
 
I’ll share some of the cinnamon buns I made yesterday!
I find this time of year busier than I used to …mostly because I am slower moving: Our scheduled events resume, our garden needs harvesting, the lawn and fallen leaves need attention, and we still need to tend to our shore property. Fit in kids and grandkids and sometimes even friends. Whew! But today I will relax and enjoy a visit with mom’s 95 year old cousin, visiting from down state Michigan. Yesterday it was a visit with my travel-nurse niece home from Colorado. So maybe busy is only okay when you have control of your schedule enough to fit in the really important stuff.
 
That sounds good @Nancy

I've picked up a cold with a loose chest and sleep has been hard to come by. Skipped hockey practice this morning -- turned off my 5:30am alarm off at 3:30am, figuring if i did fall asleep, i would need whatever i could get. Think I fell asleep solidly at about 6am..and a bit of restless sleep before. I may trying sleeping in a chair tonight. Medicine didn't seem to help. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Thankfully cough isn't constant, as I am going to see Something Rotten at Stratford Festival tonight. Supposed to be an excellent production.
 
Oh no Jayne. I hope that cold doesn’t keep you down. I always figure I can go one night with little sleep but two can be devestating
 
I always figure I can go one night with little sleep but two can be devestating
Likewise. And the weird thing with me is that losing sleep one night often doesn't really hit me until the day after (so if I can't sleep Monday night, it won't really hit me until Wednesday, not on Tuesday as you would expect).

I've picked up a cold with a loose chest and sleep has been hard to come by.
Take care of yourself. We are getting into that season, eh. My sinuses are acting up but that's probably allergies. It has been going on for a while and is mostly just a bit of post-nasal drip and the odd sinus headache.
 
So I already had lunch. No excuse to have *both* a tart and a cinnamon roll and call it lunch, but I will call it early tea. Thanks as always to our morning Wondercafe major domo.
I have a mould allergy -- leaf mold is a problem this time of year, plus my apartment is musty lately. Been miserable with constant drip, headaches nausea and lack of sleep. I can't escape unless I spend a day at the mall, or something I am equally unlikely to do. I take antihistamines, but they only go so far. I am also wearing 14 day holter monitor. I had an "event" last month and have been feeling exhausted and crappy ever since.
Thanks for listening!
 
Back
Top