Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Please list the Canadian alternatives to Walmart so I can see if any of them would be conveniently located.
  • Giant Tiger
  • Canadian Tire
  • London Drugs
  • Real Canadian Superstore
  • Loblaws
  • No Frills
  • Sobeys
  • FreshCo
  • Foodland
  • Save-On-Foods
  • Buy-Low Foods
  • Metro
  • Food Basics
  • Home Hardware
  • Dollarama
 
Does this really belong in the room? I think a thread on shopping and buying Canadian would have merit but isn't really for here, is it?

So the weather here turned nice and I am currently sitting on my deck. Going to do lawn and some other yard work in a bit, too. Wasps are getting even stupider. I found one more or less sleeping in the folds of my patio umbrella. Knocked it off on to the table and it crawled a few inches, then actually flew. I was not sure it was even up for that at first.
 
Does this really belong in the room? I think a thread on shopping and buying Canadian would have merit but isn't really for here, is it?
I think a brief exchange about anything is fine for the room, really. Wasps, turkey legs, whatever.

If someone wants to start a thread about buying Canadian, they can go for it. Could merit a thread, yes.
 
Picked apples and bought a pumpkin from a field with wife and son today. Lovely day outside after a drizzly morning.

Daughter said she was going for a mountain bike ride at the Hydrocut. Can't be many days like this remaining.
 
Made two batches of Chili Sauce. Used the classic Canadian Living Recipe.
House smells sooo good.

Found out oldest son was planning on putting an ice rink in their back yard.
Remembered there was everything you need for sale on marketplace from someone who was moving.j
Turned out it was still available, and my son was interested.
Connected them, and today, my husband took the trailer, and the two of them picked it up.
Hoping for good ice making weather this winter.
 
Mowed the lawn (last time?) and got some yard waste ready for pickup. Lovely out there. Would try for a walk but I am a bit winded and there's some prep I need to do to help with dinner.
 
Hey chansen - have you ever been up to Boreal Farms? Great organic produce for sale at the roadside. I think it's in your general area - across from The Happy Hippy's place. We were at Boreal last weekend - so interesting! Run by a friend's son ... hence our visit. So many initiatives to promote sustainable food production by small scale landowners. Boreal Farms
 
After 28 years in Canada, I just figured out that there is no word in German for squash- it’s both pumpkin. Then I googled it and it’s the same in latin- just one word for it…funny that.
 
After 28 years in Canada, I just figured out that there is no word in German for squash- it’s both pumpkin. Then I googled it and it’s the same in latin- just one word for it…funny that.
Interesting. Wonder where the differentiation between squash and pumpkin came from (as a fan of both). I love reading etymology (word origins) but am by no means an expert.

I am now paying the price for being ambitious this afternoon. My back is expressing its opinion of my exertions quite loudly and uncomfortably. :rolleyes:
 
Good morning! Monday is dawning, a beginning of the work week for many. Looks like a nice autumn day in this area, hope your weather is good, too. We gather round the Coffee Cart to continue chats about shopping The tea and coffee are ready, and the Wonderbaker has been busy, creating brownies and assorted squares for us to enjoy. The tea waer is boiling, the coffee is freshbrewed, and the goodies are warm from the oven. All is ready, everyone is welcome. Come in and join the conversations!

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)
 
And still ... do we know any more than a hill of beans ... all piled ... in there is a heap of potential for a story! Extracted from a body of myths ...

Mores to worry for those not wishing to know ... and how to shed thoughts!
 
Out of all this ... everything ... what do we know for sure? This incarnates as potentially not ... so it isn't by quantum standards as it can be shaken out ... as all reality is shaky given the lies we've encountered ...

Where? I cannot say due to alien loci ... a type of reason! Id'll come later as anon ... redundant? That is the nature of anon ... as it always is!
 
Back
Top