Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

I might be out of my mind...maybe. I was just talking to a very handsome guy in the mall outdoor area by the bus, playing guitar. Looks like the wavy long red haired, blue eyed, bearded Jesus. He's in his 40s. We clicked on a few ideas - a few of his other ideas were pretty "out there". But he was very articulate at explaining them. We talked about the decline of agape in the world. He has addictions to red wine, weed and cigarettes. He's possibly homeless or living at a shelter. And he asked for my phone number, to meet (outside) for coffee sometime - and I gave it to him.
It sounds like a nice encounter. Meeting outside to chat works well. Enjoy your new friend

Well trailer is pretty much packed up and almost ready to roll. Hubby is doing his road test. A friend who is his qualified co-driver is coming this morning and they will drive around a bit first for practice. I'll sure be glad to be settled again for our last couple months in this park. My friend and I are having a girls' day that involves going to get my mail at my sister's, visiting a quilt shop and breakfast. We'll also be checking out a local town that's quite pretty. We'll be doing all this safely according to covid protocols.

Sh
Where are you moving the trailer to?
Northwind had said earlier that Mr.N has to do a BC driver's license to drive the 5th wheel - I think today is the driving test & then he'll be back to the same site & they will set up for the rest of the winter.

It sounds like a nice encounter. Meeting outside to chat works well. Enjoy your new friend
Not sure if I’ll connect with him again. He’s a bit out there...may be a bit of a handful if I get too close, even platonically, I mean. I have enough to cope with these days. But I like him to chat with.

Last edited:
I’m putting this here - it might interest some people. I heard about Jane Fonda’s speech last night. I haven’t watched it yet. And I didn’t know she did this decades ago. Bravo.

The transcript of last night‘s speech is here:

Bravo again.

Safe travels to Mr Northwind! Enjoy your own day 'out'. We are still in full lockdown here ... sigh.

Where are you moving the trailer to?

Northwind had said earlier that Mr.N has to do a BC driver's license to drive the 5th wheel - I think today is the driving test & then he'll be back to the same site & they will set up for the rest of the winter.

Mr Northwind passed his road test today as expected. BC requires an endorsement to tow a trailer over 10,000 pounds. He had his learners and had planned to do the road test months ago. Covid messed that up, so because his learners expired, he had to write that test again. That was a s**tty way to do things. He got it then booked his road test fairly quickly. He did the test today and we're all set up again in our site. Some things need to be put away. Tomorrow.

I had a great day out. It's nice to be able to do that safely. It was good for the soul.

Good morning! Kudos to those who have passed tests and earned endorsements, hopes for new acquaintances and friendships, Let us celebrate with the sharing of hot beverages! The coffee cart is functioning. Come and get it.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Grateful for morning coffee today. A bit later I head out to get groceries on the one day each month that I spend 10% less. This is the day to buy items for the pantry/storage area. Fruit/veg/dairy/meats too.

Any coffee/tea left?
Nova Scotia has -13 which makes -24 with the strong winds we had for the last 20 hours.
Thankfully having a car ( and my new one even has heated seats) hassuch advantages ( fully aware of my privileges here, not having to wait for a bus, bbbrr).

It's similar here. The winds last night were a bit frightening. And everywhere's a sheet of ice again. Lucy and I had a very argumentative walk down on the rail trail. "Lucy, stop pulling." "Lucy, stop pulling." "Jesus Murphy, Lucy, you just about pulled me off my feet. If I fall, this is going to be bad news bears for you!"... There were a few "f" bombs dropped in there.

What a difference an hour's drive makes!

Here we have a few icy patches calling for caution but roads are clear and the sidewalks are mostly so.

And in London streets and sidewalks are basically clear. No ice save on the edges in spots when I went to the mailbox tonight.

It depends a lot on how/where water accumulated during the couple days thaw. We will still have a LOT of snow, so melting/freezing always a problem.

It depends a lot on how/where water accumulated during the couple days thaw. We will still have a LOT of snow, so melting/freezing always a problem.
Yeah we still have quite a bit, too. We had the freeze-thaw cycle going last week but then it warmed up for a day or two (so no freeze) now it is cold again (so no thaw).

London must have way better sidewalk engineering than Barrie, is all I have to say.

I've been soaking my poor feet walking Lucy the last few days. The sidewalk plow keeps on coming, and spreading stuff in its wake, but it can't escape the banks on both sides, and the tendency for recently frozen water to pool on the sidewalks, then flash freeze. The rail trail is a separate problem I can choose to avoid, but simple safe walking is just not, at present, except for down the middle of the road, which fussy Lucy doesn't like.

Good morning, all. As we watch snow and ice begin to disappear, and as dogs struggle to understand the concept of "Heel!", let us relax a bit beside the coffee cart. Springtime is coming, when, in spite of muddy season, ice is much less a factor. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Back