Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Thanks for the coffee. I know it is early, but, going to put some cherry pie out. It has a lattice top, which I just don't have perfect yet, but, it is relatively pretty.

Such a sunny day here. It's cold, but that sun is welcome

Mmm. Cherry pie. Not my favorite pie, but getting there. Check the Wonderfreezer. I think there's some ice cream in there for anyone who wants their pie a la mode.

Been doing work stuff this weekend. Upgrading one of our main corporate systems. PITA. The software was originally developed in the 90s and feels like it (@Pinga probably knows what I mean).

Need some more tea right now. And some time away from archaic software.

Good morning! The coffee cart is up and running, for relaxing after snow shoeing, discussions of cherry pie, and other moments of life. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)

Our snow turned to a bit of drizzle while we were out shoveling this morning. I think the forecast for today is +5 - so lots of melting should occur too. I saw my little warbler again this morning - it seems to be surviving the winter okay. But I also saw the hawk around again ... beware little birds! I don't mind if the hawk makes off with a squirrel or two, but I'd like to hang onto the songbirds!

Good morning. We had a lovely day yesterday so enjoyed a campfire with our neighbours. Apparently it got up to 14 degrees at one point. Most of the snow from last week is gone. What a difference a week makes.

Around here it is more like 'what a difference a day makes'. Our snow is melting!! Of course, that WILL mean ice tomorrow or next week, so a rather mixed blessing.

Here: next week melting takes on a pattern ... unless something alters!

Some folks deny alters in anything! Especially alter Ego ... imagine altered projection of visions!

Most of the snow in this city south of Northwind has been gone for a few days. There are still a couple of little white spots here and there. I got out yesterday for a ride - it was rainy and windy for a bit but cleared up and the sun came out. Had an outside coffee with my dad. It's sunny now and I'm going to get out and about again while I can.

Most of our snow is gone here. There are patches left where it was piled. It should be gone soon since it is very warm today.

I dug out the drain on the road in front of my house, which was covered with several inches of ice and then snow. We are about to have +7 and rain all day and night. There are only two drains on the whole road and those are in front of my place.
Last snowshoeing after work today. I hope we are getting some more again when this thawing is over.

Back