Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Some of what the U.S. has going for it is density of population.

It would definitely be a good infrastructure program, particularly as an economic boost with a lot of benefits. Make home offices and telecommuting possible for more people who wish to do so, not just those who live in urban areas.

Lastpointe

And they have committed to doing it. Of course they commit to lots of things that don’t happen

theother thing the USA has going for it is competition. and No doubt the density helps

ChemGal

One with keen eye
*sigh* Free and Clear shampoo - that's out now too. Was certainly better than before, hair and scalp better than with handsoap. Eczema cropped back up though around hairline, neck, etc. and calmed down fairly fast after switching back to handsoap. Eyelids I think too, although that change is subtle.

Lastpointe

This may seem odd, but have you considered not using shampoo at all. Just rinsing your hair and letting the natural oils keep it clean?

I have also heard you can use bar soap on your hair, if you have a kind of soap you use on your hands?

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
*sigh* Free and Clear shampoo - that's out now too. Was certainly better than before, hair and scalp better than with handsoap. Eczema cropped back up though around hairline, neck, etc. and calmed down fairly fast after switching back to handsoap. Eyelids I think too, although that change is subtle.

My next suggestion. Dr. Bonner's Pure castile soap, the unscented kind.

I'm with you. My scalp is better but not better.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
This may seem odd, but have you considered not using shampoo at all. Just rinsing your hair and letting the natural oils keep it clean?

I have also heard you can use bar soap on your hair, if you have a kind of soap you use on your hands?
I definitely need a soap/shampoo to wash my hair. Part of the problem here is my scalp does much better with shampoos - there's the psoriasis factor. I've used bar soap before, the first time around when I had shampoo allergy issues, the liquid handsoap I have now works better.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
My next suggestion. Dr. Bonner's Pure castile soap, the unscented kind.

I'm with you. My scalp is better but not better.
Yeah, I've had that in mind. The hand soap brand - nature clean, also has a shampoo so that's on the list. It has fewer ingredients than Free and Clear but there is also crossover so even if it doesn't work out it helps me narrow down problematic ingredients.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning! Happy Saturday. As we grieve the loss of pets, and come to grips with shampoo issues, and the thousand and one other things, big or little, going on in our journeys, let us pause to gather in spirit around the coffee cart, where hot beverages of all types are available.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Luce NDs

Good morning! Happy Saturday. As we grieve the loss of pets, and come to grips with shampoo issues, and the thousand and one other things, big or little, going on in our journeys, let us pause to gather in spirit around the coffee cart, where hot beverages of all types are available.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Can this be with the cancellation therapy? Shouldn't the entire thing be dropped ... and thus fallout? Grief curves Charlie Brown!

@Nancy that's tough in that short of a timeframe. Hugs!
There’s a peppermint Dr. Bronner’s, too, if you’re not allergic to real peppermint oil...it help would cool down itching scalp (diluted!). And a tea trea one too (good for eczema??) It’s otherwise plain natural soap liquid you can use for multiple purposes (as you probably know). I love that stuff. Even a travel sized bottle costs $5 - don’t have any now, I’m using something else - but at least it lasts a long time. A few drops goes a long way.

Last edited:
What about natural, low ingredient, baby-wash, chemgal?
Also, an ex way back used to use spectro gel because of his eczema. I think he used something else for his hair. Spectra gel doesn’t suds. You just have to rub it in, then rinse it off. I think (not 100% sure) it’s actually a lotion/ gel with high alcohol content in it to kill germs...not sure if that would work for you but it’s supposedly gentle and this ex had major eczema flare ups. It was the only thing he’d use to wash his skin with. He took a little travel bottle out with him, had it in the car.

Last edited:

Pinga

Room for All
good morning. I am reminded of my age, as i get notices re multiple tests in the mail for cancer screening. All is good, but, part of being the age that i am.

Today the snow is lightly falling. I have had a nice quiet morning but delayed going into town to do a few errands and report writing.

Hoping everyone has a good day.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
We're listening to Terry O'Riley on CBC. He had this great story about penguins at a Chicago aquarium going on "field trips" while the aquarium is closed. They've posted videos on YouTube. Here's Wellington meeting belugas.

Mendalla

Eastern Lowland Gorilla-in-law
We're listening to Terry O'Riley on CBC. He had this great story about penguins at a Chicago aquarium going on "field trips" while the aquarium is closed. They've posted videos on YouTube. Here's Wellington meeting belugas.

Yeah, I've seen one of two of those come up in my recommendations. Cool idea, really.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
There’s a peppermint Dr. Bronner’s, too, if you’re not allergic to real peppermint oil...it help would cool down itching scalp (diluted!). And a tea trea one too (good for eczema??) It’s otherwise plain natural soap liquid you can use for multiple purposes (as you probably know). I love that stuff. Even a travel sized bottle costs $5 - don’t have any now, I’m using something else - but at least it lasts a long time. A few drops goes a long way.

Scent, even essential oils, is frequently a complete no-no.

ChemGal

One with keen eye
I'm allergic to tree tea oil and peppermint is an irritant. Some of the shampoos I have tried were baby shampoos. I'll look at the specto gel but alcohol is drying so not sure about that.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Good morning, all, to the continuing dscussion on skin reactions to soap, shampoo and such, let us gather round the coffee cart, where warming beverages are available. Also managed tofind some whole wheat and some multigrain bagels.

C(_)/ c\_/ c[_] c(_)

Luce NDs

And in discussion of fire tenders and Dan ... we can be skinned alive ... according to some audits out of Union Seminary!

Can Hell be man made if not careful with the fires of emotion? Thus candles of concern ... cause some folk worry ...

Contrary to the old adage" "Never worry worry, till worry worries you, etc!" This was a plaque outside my grandfather's bedroom door ...

It was impressive his concerns about emotions ... people could get into a crappy conflict by criticizing his undeclared worries ... almost appeared as if his emotions had departed ... in a flurry!

Some psychotic blackouts may be expected ... arriving like black Clouds or varied shades of grey isles ... bottoms up! MT?