Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Woohoo - it's women's euchre night in my world! So great to 'get together' with my pals. We gather for about 30-40 min on zoom to begin & catch up on news; then we go to using the Trickster Cards app (which also has video & audio connection) - two tables & the computer fills in for anybody missing. Then after a couple of games we come back together on zoom for a good night wrap up :) So I 'dressed up' and actually put on make-up and earrings! LOL Wishing everyone a good Friday night and pleasant weekend.
Have fun!

Good morning, all! As night slowly gives way to light, let us brighten our mornings with hot beverages. Coffee cart is ready. Help yourself.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Nice and sunny but chilly here today :) I'm going to take a deep breath & seam together the shoulders of my knitting project so I can then do another new thing & pick up stitches to knit the sleeves. Lots of brain work going on with this project! Then later I want to get over to the school garden to transplant some black-eyed Susans I dug yesterday as I was thinking my own garden bed. Cheers all! Have a safe day.

It's COLD today. I had looked at the weather and it was supposed to be a few degrees above/below zero for the week. When I woke up though -7C! And I'm not an early riser. No garlic planting today like I had planned.

Not planning to plant any garlic, but I will be crushing some soon (making spaghetti for dinner).

Nice day here. Went for a walk but had a pain in my left knee partway so turned back. Was mostly gone by the time I got home, though, and is gone now so not sure what that was all about.

I think we need some sort of read out panel on our arm or somewhere equally accessible. It could tell us when we should keep going, and when we should quit, what symptom means get to the doctor, and when it can safely be ignored etc.. Glad your knee pain improved.

I think we need some sort of read out panel on our arm or somewhere equally accessible. It could tell us when we should keep going, and when we should quit, what symptom means get to the doctor, and when it can safely be ignored etc.. Glad your knee pain improved.
Would have made my decision this afternoon easier. Almost kept going but my route would have taken me further from home, which then opened the possibility of Mrs. M having to pick me up, so I decided to play it safe and take a route that went towards home.

Anyhow, if you need some startup capital for this, I know a guy (the chair of my employer's board) who does venture capital. :D

Good morning! As we contemplate transplanting, sore joints and built in bio-smart watches, let us pause and partake in warming beverages. The coffee cart is ready.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Good morning. It is raining and foggy out there. The eagles are back and are chattering away. I don't know where they were. I am glad they're back. The duck hunters are out there too. A couple sound like they are pretty much outside the door here. Dog must have lost some hearing because he is not reacting to the gunshots. It's otherwise quiet and peaceful here. I am going to try to get a pain pill into the dog. Wish me luck.

Have you ever tried real wildflower honey to help disguise pills?

Lucy has no particular interest in sweets, nor maple syrup, but she goes mad for pure honey. I can get her to eat anything (well, maybe not avocados or lettuce, both of which she detests), by drizzling a little honey on it. And a small kong stuffed with creamed honey will keep her busy for a long while.

Thx for the coffee, Red. It is cool and drizzly here, as well, a fine afternoon to make a pot roast for dinner.

Red's coffee cart intros are really a highlight of the morning around here, eh.

Good luck on the pill @Northwind. I remember going through that with our beagle when I was a teen.

Wieners were usually the best. His taste is off I think and his mouth may be sore. It doesn't help that pill tastes dreadful. He's generally been pretty good at taking pills. He's willing enough now. Some of this seems a bit reflexive.

Peanut butter is a good pill trick and if nothing works just put it way back in his mouth on the side Back far enough they can’t get it out

sorry he is struggling. Hope you both have a good day

with sciatic that has flared up i have a new understanding for unrelenting pain

Peanut butter is a good pill trick and if nothing works just put it way back in his mouth on the side Back far enough they can’t get it

I've usually been able to get it into his throat. That's not happening so much when he's struggling. I'll keep trying.

Back