Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Good morning! From walks along beaches and other adventures, we turn to coffee and/or tea and/or etc. The cart is ready.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Happy Canada Day! ( we need a maple leaf emoji).
NS weather is drizzly with rain potential later. I will be going strawberry picking ( $2.50 a box) with a friend and if we pick two flats we get three pounds of u- pick peas for free. As long as the rain waits until the afternoon.

Good morning! Happy Canada Day. The coffee cart is ready. For the holiday I once again reached wayyyyyyyyy to the back of the cupboard and brought out the good red china. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Got a response from someone who had forwarded my suggestion to look into using WC as a platform for Quaker exchange that it was looked at and found not to be the right fit. Quakers recently had made up some future goals , one of them was to be more present online. I thought WC would be ideal, as they could have had their own forum potentially.
But it doesn’t surprise me either as they are mostly older ( therefore online is more of a challenge than a chance) and in some ways, if I judge it from my own meeting, friendly but stuck in their ways. Similar to what I found in the UCC I attended before. At the same time it is a relief, because I had volunteered myself to be one of two who would have to keep an eye on that forum, so this is saving me a whole lot of work and trouble.

Got a response from someone who had forwarded my suggestion to look into using WC as a platform for Quaker exchange that it was looked at and found not to be the right fit. Quakers recently had made up some future goals , one of them was to be more present online. I thought WC would be ideal, as they could have had their own forum potentially.
But it doesn’t surprise me either as they are mostly older ( therefore online is more of a challenge than a chance) and in some ways, if I judge it from my own meeting, friendly but stuck in their ways. Similar to what I found in the UCC I attended before. At the same time it is a relief, because I had volunteered myself to be one of two who would have to keep an eye on that forum, so this is saving me a whole lot of work and trouble.
It was worth the attempt.

Good Morning! The coffee cart is ready. Would've been nice to have new people join us, but still nice to have y'all here. Enjoy.

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

Thanks for the coffee. I'll enjoy my 2nd cup for the morning.

Bright and sunny in New Brunswick this morning and a prediction of a beautiful day with a high of 26 and the humidity just over 50.(Ordinarily, I would consider 52 to be high, but compared to what we had recently. It is reasonable.)

With the exception of occasional late afternoon thunderstorms, and hopefully much-needed rain, we look forward to good weather for the rest of the week and over the weekend.

During a recent drive in the country. We saw a baby bear crossing the road ahead of us. As it disappeared into the undergrowth of the forest, we looked around for the mother that there was no sign of her. Possibly she had crossed as we approached, and was already out of sight, but near at hand. We didn't stop or get out of the car. We're not stupid. Mama bear with the cub(s) is dangerous.

If you hear of anyone referred to as a 'mama bear' be careful not to offend her.

Good morning. It's a little cool and breezy here this morning. Dog and I have had our quick walk and now I'm sitting in the recliner covered in a quilt drinking my coffee. The trailer is 15 degrees, a good time for the quilt.

Headed for 32 in London today, currently around 27. Mrs. M and I went for a bike ride this morning to get our exercise in before things got too hot. Also avoids the crowds in Gibbons Park, which get worse as the day wears on. Clocked almost 90 minutes.

Wow - my outdoor thermometer reads 34 at the moment - and humidity is very high too. My 'driveway farm' is suffering a bit with the extreme heat - in the air & reflected from the pavement. :-( As I stood in the sun briefly I could certainly feel its burning power on my skin.

It's cool, cloudy, and windy here today.

I just went past the cutest thing. Despite the weather - there was some sort of event for 2 or 3 year olds in a church parking lot. There were orange cones set up, and there were at least ten toddlers riding trikes around them. :)

Last edited:
We had mixed weather today. Most impressive were the short, sharp thunderstorms with torrential rain going sideways. When it was over my grand went out to paddle in the river running down the road. A bit later a group of kids showed up to play in the park - sand and rainwater is almost as good as a beach apparently. Several of them tried swimming in the puddles.

On the negative side there are lots of trees down, some on houses, and the power was out for a couplle of hours. A small tornado touched down in the country.

Good morning fellow denizens of the room. We are into our third day of 30+ weather in London and here is the 7-day forecast:

1593780783040.png

I am not sure I have ever seen it look like that before. There's usually a break after 4 or 5 days or at least a dip down to the high twenties. It reminds of the last summer before I left Kitchener to go to Western. I was working in Elmira, taking the bus up, and it was a hot, muggy summer. I had a long break between quitting time and the bus going back down to Kitchener so often went to their library (an old Carnegie library with a nice modern addition) to cool off. Can't recall if we had any stretches of 30+ this long, though, even that summer.

Ugh. I don't miss that Mendalla.

I do miss that library. I spend much time there. I didn't realize it was a Carnegie library. It was a great place.

Ugh. I don't miss that Mendalla.

I do miss that library. I spend much time there. I didn't realize it was a Carnegie library. It was a great place.

I am pretty sure it had the Carnegie name on the old portion. It seemed like that portion was no longer the public area. I spent all my time in the new section so maybe the old building had been turned into the offices.

My job was actually next door at the Township offices, reorganizing a library of reference materials and unimportant archival stuff they had in the basement. That was a nice old building, too.

EDIT: I see the Township is now in shiny new office space and the old building is now a "wellness centre" leasing space to health-related businesses.

Back