Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! As we contemplate craft projects and other plans, let us rejoiceand give thanks for morning beverages. Help youeself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Seeler

Reaction score
I am planning to make peanut butter cookies this morning. Like they do on the cooking shows on TV, I am virtually taking them out of the oven right now. Have some while they're still warm.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
Good morning. I've had my first coffee while browsing through my phone's offerings. Friends have shared some delightful things that bring joy. Dog and I went for a short walk. Birds are singing in a chorus. I saw to rabbits who scurried away when they saw us. Thankfully dog didn't see them. I've finished a baby project so can return to a sweater for myself. So far the day is a good one.

KayTheCurler

Reaction score
I made two batches of muffins this morning - one batch of rhubarb and one of blueberries. Then we enjoyed morning coffee and muffins in the yard watching the action. There was lots to see as we have nesting tree swallows and wrens. There are probably other nests tacked into the plants and trees that we haven't found too. The first batch of chickadee babies are chirping around enjoying the feeder and bath. We decided to leave the haskap bushes for the birds to feast on and we have a constant flyby of cedar wax wings feeding their faces with glee.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! Time for invigorating beverages! Rise and shine! (well, we'll settle for 'rise')

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Well, it's almost supper time - but hello! Good morning! LOL. Hoping you had a good day Redbaron - I appreciate you checking in here with such good spirit and dedication.

I had the pleasure of joining two friends for outdoor coffee on the deck (despite the crazy wind today) of one OT who is recently retired - it was great to catch up. The coffee was also wonderful. Then off to the doc's office with my mate to get our final Twinrix injection , so I think that's good for 5 years now. After lunch I cleaned up the deck - our honey locust tree has been prolific in shedding its seeds or whatever this year. SO much to clean up - it's been like a blizzard out there the past few days. But I think last night's wind knocked down most everything that was still up in the tree.

I also finished off sewing half a dozen masks - my son requested more since he's back to work. I put a loop on each so it can go onto the arm of his safety glasses - when he's working alone he likes to take off the mask, but wants it handy (also doesn't want to lose it) - so this seems a good solution. I made them in the colours of his favourite footie team - FC Barcelona :)

My 'driveway farm' is thriving - 3 kinds of tomatoes; 2 kinds of peppers; snap peas; yellow, green & red beans; mojito mint; lettuce & greens are growing well.
P1030201 (small).JPG

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
Wow. Just wrote a memory statement to a child of mine. Has taken 45 years to write even this clearly.

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
(Quietly rolls in the coffee cart so as not to disturb Redbaron, who deserves a sleep in for showing up so faithfully each day).
Another hot day ahead. Still cool enough for hot coffee though. Help yourself to all the other morning beverages too. No baking today, but there's a platter of fruit and berries and there are still a couple of Kaye's rhubarb muffins and Seeler's pb cookies that I haven't eaten.

Reaction score
Wow. Just wrote a memory statement to a child of mine. Has taken 45 years to write even this clearly.
Hey Bette -I’ve read this post a few times, wondering what i’m missing. :giggle: What do you mean by memory statement? Was it your son’s reply to it that was written clearly?

Okay, strike that. I kept reading it like it was you who wrote a memory statement, but it was your kid who wrote clearly. I was like, “Huh?” I kept reading “Has taken him 45 years to write even this clearly.” Without the “him” in the sentence it makes sense. Lol. Sorry. Not sure why my eyes and brain did that to me.

Last edited:

Seeler

Reaction score
Oh, red Baron, are you a little protective of the niche you curved out for yourself? :LOL: Don't worry, you do a great job as much appreciated.

But some of us like to help out too. We might make a few mistakes, and forget some of those specials touches that you put on so effortlessly, but with a few pointers we may be able to fill in if you ever need a holiday or just want to sleep in some morning.

I actually slept in so late this morning that his coffee break time rather than breakfast. I'm glad to see that no one stirred up the fire on this hot day. Looking after the wood and laying the fire is my niche.

BetteTheRed

Resident Heretic
Reaction score
It's a long story. When I was a child, I had a child, who I gave up for adoption. It was a very tangled story. We are friends now, he lives in Oz, but he asked me to describe the circumstances regarding his "coming to be". It runs four single spaced pages and took me half the day to write and organize. It helped me to straighten out some of my memories and clarified some stuff for me.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
The position does allow for some creativity. Feel free to add your own personal touches to it each morning. (I'm sort of waiting for the virtual espresso maker to magically appear).

Mrs.Anteater

Just keep going....
Reaction score
Now that NS allows meeting up to 9 others without social distancing, I spend a nice evening with fellow OTs at someones cottage to celebrate a baby coming soon. Sitting together without masks, a beautiful sunset over the bay, the tide going out, the mosquitoes not too bad - it was a time to forget covid ( and work to some degree).

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Coming babies and babes do cause dissonance in a discussion group as the topic Eri cis ... he was noted on the winds!

ninjafaery

I just am
Reaction score
The position does allow for some creativity. Feel free to add your own personal touches to it each morning. (I'm sort of waiting for the virtual espresso maker to magically appear).
An early Christmas present for you ;) Might be a good idea to wait until the morning otherwise we'll all be awake all night.

1593208311932.png

oooops forgot the cups! ;) (someone will bring some...I just know it)

Last edited: