Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

OK Friends. I am just getting onto this new format and how things work. The admins/moderators have done an amazing job. I'm leaving extra cinnamon buns for them!

However, as I scroll up this page I notice the bunch of you are "liked" many times over. And me.....I'm not "liked" yet. :(

Would someone please like me, to settle my fragile self esteem? Pllleeeeaaasseee? :oops:

Appointment today went better. I still need help, but my confidence is definitely there now to at least fully try. I won't be doing any scheduled doses at home the next little while due to Chemguy's work schedule, so I'm hoping over the next while there will be a big improvement.

Last edited:
Yes . . . snail mail. That's what families years ago relied on. Of course there may have been the occasional long distance call (but only if necessary because of the cost :).)

I think of my maternal grandparents that left "the old country" to come to Canada and left family behind . . . knowing they would probably not every see one another again My grandmother's mother came (she was already widowed), but my grandfather's parents didn't.

I like being able to text my children and family members when I am travelling to be able to tell them we have reached our destination safely (and I like it when they text me to let me know too).

It is a cold, dreary, wet day here . . . I know summer is out there somewhere !

I can't imagine how stressed I'd be feeling if I thought my only contact would be dependent on me finding a stamp, envelope and the time to write a letter all on the same day! ;)

You forgot about getting it sent out too! I don't know how many times I've had something, all ready to go and it's sat around for days before I either went to a mail box or the post office.

Glad to hear your appointment went well ChemGal!

I'm feeling the love! Thanks to those who "liked" me! :D

I think the "Like" feature is for liking a person's post (like you do on facebook), not the person themselves :) LOL! . . . but just so you know . . . we all like you Busymom!

Or chemgal, you get it already, but don't have a stamp, and have to wait for the Post Office to open the next day to actually mail it instead of putting it in a postal box somewhere about town.

Pr. Jae, I have brought some cinnamon buns to share. I hope you enjoy them.

Ooh nice. Thank you. I can offer some Timmys coffee to go with them :)

I had a good but interesting day today. After five years of doing cash at Timmys, my new boss brought in a new cashier to replace me. She'd rather I mostly be making coffees it seems. That's okay with me - pouring the coffees requires more movement and so should burn more calories - which is something I need.

In unrelated news - I've decided to save up my nickels and purchase an autoharp. I want to learn a musical instrument I can play while leading worship in church.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Hello friends! This room is taking shape very nicely! Right now I'm propped up on my bed at the Bread & Cheese Inn in Bay Bulls, Nfld tonight - gazing out at the ocean - at least that what should be there - just beyond the fog! It was rainy & foggy all day today - some of it spent driving, then we went to The Rooms in St. John's for the afternoon - good rainy day activity. Hoping for some clearing overnight so we can go on a boat tour to see the puffins, and maybe some whales tomorrow. But in the meantime, it's lovely to drop in here, share a cup of tea & catch up on news with friends.

Pr jae - always interesting to see what changes new bosses institute. You seem to be taking a good attitude to change of duties.

Pr jae - always interesting to see what changes new bosses institute. You seem to be taking a good attitude to change of duties.

Thanks Carolla. I think it helps that I have outside interests. My work isn't everything to me. Really my focus these days is on ministry - well - that - school - and family.

In unrelated news - I've decided to save up my nickels and purchase an autoharp. I want to learn a musical instrument I can play while leading worship in church.

That's an interesting choice of instrument. I'd likely just go for something familiar like piano (since we have one from when Little M was studying it) or acoustic guitar (one of my favorite instruments).

Ugh, I had some great motivation to get stuff done on the drive home today. Then I spent some time checking in here to just relax for a bit, as I usually need some down time. I just crashed. I had a really long nap and I'm still out of it. Luckily it didn't take much convincing to get Chemguy to pick up dinner on his way home.
It's still hard to tell how much of this is a side effect of the medication. I did have a sore throat this morning that was helped by treatment, so some of this could be a symptom rather than a side effect.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have more energy.

Humidity is kicking in in Southern Ontario. Thunderstorms were called for today, but seems to have passed us by or maybe delayed as now they are set for tomorrow night.

I remember the drum, and drums can be great for teaching youth and are simple to learn. Not a bad idea. Jae, do you have musical education already? I tried piano for a few years and hope to again, but dont' think that I will ever be able to sit down and play.

BusyMom, i remember sending a postcard to my mom in the first week of camp, then arrived to my Mom in teh 2nd week, when it was almost time to come home. Good thing no texts then! poor camp counsellors.

Chemgal, does sound like a bunch is shifting forward for you compared to a year ago. Hoping it contiues that way.

Not sure if folks saw the wonderparty going on. crazyheart even is throwing limes over in that other room.
I think that I will relax on the swing for a little bit and listen to the loons over the lake before i head back to the party

Good day all those who frequent the room!

A nicer day here today . . . a little overcast, but no rain yet. Doing some outdoor chores and activities til it does. A good time to putter in the garden and flower beds. Because of our cooler weather everything is a bit behind here with the plants that have been started from seeds.

I though I heard somewhere that there was a tornado warning for places in southern Ontario - stay safe all!

Heard a a bunch of honking going out just now - looked out door and saw a flock of geese (about 20) flying in a northern direction. I thought they all would have made it by now. Perhaps some stragglers on a golf course somewhere down south got evicted.

Some roomies are working today, some are playing today, some are living life in however it happens for them . . . whatever you are up to today, I hope your day holds goodness and hope for you.

Back