Room For All

Welcome to Wondercafe2!

A community where we discuss, share, and have some fun together. Join today and become a part of it!

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
Actually, I find caffeine, along with an advil and gravol a good "cocktail" for a migraine (everyone's different...consult your health care person). This followed by relaxed breathing in a cold room and a sleep. I used to get them more often, but they have lessened of late. Anyone who gets migraines has my complete sympathy.

Tabitha

journeying
Reaction score
Ah migraines. I was plagued with them as a child. Violent ones complete with vomitting.

Now I get very few, 1 or 2 a year.

Giving up choclate( a common migraine trigger) worked wonders. Also not skipping meals and not too long in bright sunshine without sunglasses and/or hat.

When I get one caffeine with sugar helps. and rest in a quiet room. Usually gone by morning.
Take care all.

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning, all! The day has begun! Time to rise and shine! The coffee cart is here to assist you in the endeavor to shine. Help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Good morning, all! The day has begun! Time to rise and shine! The coffee cart is here to assist you in the endeavor to shine. Help yourself.

C(_)/ c(_) c\_/ c[_]

Are non mass-gatherings more rational than irrational collisions ... leaving some in ethereal Zoans as spirited items of interest?

Hallow einei cometh! Wei neis may proliferate as germaine saus ages ... as time scoffs!

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Happy Halloween! Nostalgia for GenXers

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
Black And White Halloween GIF by Fleischer Studios

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning! Happy Halloween! The coffee cart is ready for your hot beverage needs. Enjoy the day!

C(_)/ c(_) c[_] c\_/

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Spectacular scenery @Northwind! It was sunny but SO cold here today!! At least the forecasted rain showers have not arrived. We're soon getting ready to go outside to see the kids costume parade that will be coming down our street soon :)

Reaction score
Well, I think Halloween is in full swing tonight. I saw a bunch of kids out with parents - everybody dressed up, going house to house. Some put out lights or pumpkins and decorations right up to their doors, so I guess it was business as usual for those houses. Some left a bowl of treats outside.

My landlords upstairs are home and the front door and front window lights seem brighter than usual. So maybe they are handing out treats. Not sure. I haven't asked them.

Firecrackers are going off - I don't like it! It was always the scariest part of Halloween. It can be really startling to be out and a screecher whizzes in front of you out of nowhere. Older kids, teenagers, hide in bushes and throw them or light them and run away. I know it's not a tradition everywhere but it always has been here in BC, since I was a kid and prior. City bylaws may vary, but both here and Vancouver allow it. I realize I've mentioned it in the past. But I really dislike firecrackers. Not fireworks - people light those in their yards too - but firecrackers, they're like "flash-bangs". They tend to go off randomly all night. I just want to hide inside. I'm pretty sure I won't be going back out for any reason.

In the mid afternoon, there was a little block party a few blocks up. Several yards were decorated with pumpkins and skulls and cobwebs, etc. More festive than normal - I think they went out of their way this year. Lots of houses around here did. There were kids and parents dressed up for this little party - under 10 people - all laughing and having fun. Looked pretty social distanced. They might've been playing some kind of game. I didn't stop to check it out, I just went by.

Last edited:

ChemGal

One with keen eye
Reaction score
Well, I think Halloween is in full swing tonight. I saw a bunch of kids out with parents - everybody dressed up, going house to house. Some put out lights or pumpkins and decorations right up to their doors, so I guess it was business as usual for those houses. Some left a bowl of treats outside.

My landlords upstairs are home and the front door and front window lights seem brighter than usual. So maybe they are handing out treats. Not sure. I haven't asked them.

Firecrackers are going off - I don't like it! It was always the scariest part of Halloween. It can be really startling to be out and a screecher whizzes in front of you out of nowhere. Older kids, teenagers, hide in bushes and throw them or light them and run away. I know it's not a tradition everywhere but it always has been here in BC, since I was a kid and prior. City bylaws may vary, but both here and Vancouver allow it. I realize I've mentioned it in the past. But I really dislike firecrackers. Not fireworks - people light those in their yards too - but firecrackers, they're like "flash-bangs". They tend to go off randomly all night. I just want to hide inside. I'm pretty sure I won't be going back out for any reason.

In the mid afternoon, there was a little block party a few blocks up. Several yards were decorated with pumpkins and skulls and cobwebs, etc. More festive than normal - I think they went out of their way this year. Lots of houses around here did. There were kids and parents dressed up for this little party - under 10 people - all laughing and having fun. Looked pretty social distanced. They might've been playing some kind of game. I didn't stop to check it out, I just went by.
I had planned to string some lights across the porch, didn't get to it, feeling lousy, and infection has returned I had a few weeks ago. Just ignored the door. The usual 'Candy Corn Lane' is pretty busy by the sounds of it on social media. It was very well decorated and sensors, music etc. was on when I went down Thursday night so it doesn't surprise me it's fairly crowded tonight even with few handing out candy there.
I'm surprised other cities don't have bylaws about firecrackers. They don't need to be banned outright, but sounds fairly hazardous to have them go off wherever in public.

Reaction score
I had planned to string some lights across the porch, didn't get to it, feeling lousy, and infection has returned I had a few weeks ago. Just ignored the door. The usual 'Candy Corn Lane' is pretty busy by the sounds of it on social media. It was very well decorated and sensors, music etc. was on when I went down Thursday night so it doesn't surprise me it's fairly crowded tonight even with few handing out candy there.
I'm surprised other cities don't have bylaws about firecrackers. They don't need to be banned outright, but sounds fairly hazardous to have them go off wherever in public.
Sorry to hear you are feeling lousy. I've had an overall lousy week, too. I'm happy to just veg on the couch tonight.

I don't know if anyone is lighting them in the main streets downtown, but it's certainly a thing in residential areas. I lived in a downtown residential area of Vancouver - and older kids/ young adults set them of there, too.

Reaction score
This is a small city and we're not really in the burbs - it's an older neighbourhood - but we're not city central either. There are lots of young families here. There weren't too many in the West End of downtown Van (definitely some) - so it wasn't as big deal there. I tended to see more adults dressed up to go to clubs, than kids trick or treating. They went to the stores sometimes, or apartment lobbies. Some buildings let them go door to door - especially if they lived in them. My friend's kids did. The church I went to had a Halloween event for kids and parents in the daytime. I think I've lost my enthusiasm for Halloween over time, though. Definitely not into it tonight.

(Jumping out of seat...JC that just sounded like it went off on our property!)

Last edited:

Luce NDs

Reaction score
Had the usual large crowd ... two kids from next door ... I believe all the others are fearful of the eccentric ... that one out of round as Trump preaches on things coming round!

It'll get to heh in time! Folks in the background, in the shadows, can see it coming and it could create vast collapse or even fallacy!

Once there was rumoured to be fallacy of logic ... declared as bad NU's by some Ode One ... nary a thought was had ...

Be prepared for bumps ... common in kohl mines! They are darker spots ...

Redbaron

The Legend Continues
Reaction score
Good morning, all! For those who had visitors yesterday evening, hope the treats outnumbered the tricks. Oh yes, happy All Saints Day, too!

C(_)/ c\_/ c(_) c[_]

ninj

I just am
Reaction score
I celebrated Sahmain. Full blue Hunter's moon. Not in any formal way, but just meditating on those who came before me and admiring the moon and soaking it up.
No leftover candy (thank heaven). In case you bought candy basically for yourself this year or raided someone else's, there's fresh baked grainy bread and a bit of cheese for your plummeting blood sugar.

Luce NDs

Reaction score
I celebrated Sahmain. Full blue Hunter's moon. Not in any formal way, but just meditating on those who came before me and admiring the moon and soaking it up.
No leftover candy (thank heaven). In case you bought candy basically for yourself this year or raided someone else's, there's fresh baked grainy bread and a bit of cheese for your plummeting blood sugar.

I did take a peek at the moon early this morning in the western sky ... as the old saying goes gowest young man ... many leave never to return ... don't know the come-back!

Carolla

wondering & wandering
Reaction score
Brrrr ... "Happy New Month" - my mother would always greet us with this cheerful phrase as we arrived downstairs to breakfast on the first of each month. It makes me smile to say the same to my family & friends. November is coming in with a frightful wind and some rain today .... brrrr. Good day to be mostly inside.

Northwind

Still knitting. Walking the path to health.
Reaction score
We had a nice gathering around a campfire with friends late yesterday afternoon and into the evening we enjoyed food and bevvies, including hot chocolate. It was a nice evening. Man, there were a lot of fireworks and firecrackers though. They continued on for several hours and ended after midnight. Some were in the park here. We were wondering about the safety of that since there are so many trees here. We believe a group a couple sites down set of bear bangers. They scared the crap out of us.

This morning I awoke to the sounds of eagles chattering away. They were having quite a party above us in the trees and skies. The salmon are nearby and they are enjoying their morning. I much prefer the sound of eagles over fireworks

Last edited: